Working for the dole

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt it. It is a joke.

The current economic system has simply failed. Time to look for solutions.

yeah, i did it for a while and found it to be a joke. Even though it got me nowhere after i found a way out they really push for a positive feedback letter where i was, felt so fake when i wrote it for them but they weren't bad people so i did it for them. The program however was a load of bullocks. Just want to know if anyone else has had this thing lead them to the greener grass on the other side. Also if i go down that track again, wether or not i should put myself through it, i'm holding off at all costs at the moment.

yeah, i did it for a while and found it to be a joke. Even though it got me nowhere after i found a way out they really push for a positive feedback letter where i was, felt so fake when i wrote it for them but they weren't bad people so i did it for them. The program however was a load of bullocks. Just want to know if anyone else has had this thing lead them to the greener grass on the other side. Also if i go down that track again, wether or not i should put myself through it, i'm holding off at all costs at the moment.

It is what 6 moths after registering? Takes longer thn that to get a job now a days.

Personally I in the future (there will most likely be one) will hold off registering for as long as possible/slash work cash in hand.

Forget the government propaganda. They serve only themselves and want people out of their hair. Protecting their wealth is what they are about.

It is what 6 moths after registering? Takes longer thn that to get a job now a days.

Personally I in the future (there will most likely be one) will hold off registering for as long as possible/slash work cash in hand.

Forget the government propaganda. They serve only themselves and want people out of their hair. Protecting their wealth is what they are about.

finding it hard to get a cash job these days too unfortunately

Took me a while to find work, so I ended up working 3 months in WFTD at a salvos store. Was pretty laid back, served people and cleaned the store, hung up clothes and sorted through junk, etc. The management there had all done WFTD previously so they knew how crappy it was for them so they made it easier for us. For example if it was dead we were all sent home, which was often, usually just after lunch. It was a job where we went at our own pace. I was often allowed days off (with them signing my time sheet as tho I was there) to look for work. I basically lucked out compared to some others. I guess those with no customer service skills or those who have been out of work for ages could use WFTD to get back into the rhythm of working. Check out the three WFTD threads on whirlpool.net.au for other stories.

WFTD wasn't brought in to help you get a job. It was brought in to discourage quitting your job and living on the dole. It's supposed to be a horrible program. "Dont be stingy, find a job, any job you're qualified for, even if its something you dont want to do. Dont be picky. Otherwise we have this bullshit 6 month program if you dont. You have 6 months."

Also, remember your rights. You do not have to make up days if your sick (need a drs note of stat dec, some will let you off for not having one and some will dock your dole for not having one). If you have a job interview on a day you have work, you dont have to make up the hours you miss. You also dont have to make up any hours you miss if your work place if not open on public holidays where you are scheduled to work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back