Cars & Transportation Worst Intersections.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Been thinking of creating this for a while and finally got around to doing it.

In your journeys, what are the worst intersections you've had to drive or walk through?
Nothing for me has topped Canterbury Rd and Dorset Rd.

Never felt comfortable crossing the road.

Maroondah Hwy/Dorset Rd/Exeter Rd is pretty fan awful.

Good nomination.

What's also annoying about it is that the light changes colour, 3-4 cars go through and it changes back again.

Hoddle st / Johnston st, coming from Johnston. Have had many a horrible experience there. I don't mind the dorset/canterbury tbh but I never get caught in peak hour there. It's just hard getting to KFC from Canterbury road!

The Moe roundabout is not as bad as it initially looks.

Depends from which street you're approaching it. And if you have to come to a stop, in a truck, on the uphill slope, with what?....1 and a half seconds notice from the blind corner....Best of luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buckley St / Essendon Train Station

Turning right onto Holmes Rd from Margaret St, at the train crossing.

Anywhere where the there are only two traffic lights, instead pf the usual red, amber, and green.

And, amber lights, because I'm colour light, the red and amber can look like the same colour. It's a nightmare driving at night because I can't easily count the position the light is in.

thanks t o the OP for the thread. also been thinking about this for some time without the guts to start a thread on it.

i had a few in mind but forgot majority of them

perhaps st kilda rd and any adjacents. why? because if u dont know when to get into the slip lane to get to your destination its a nervous ride

This stupid one for me. At peak hour it backs up forever.

knight-street-corridor.jpg

Buckley St / Essendon Train Station
That one plus the Mt Alexander Rd/Keilor Rd roundabout are retarted.

In terms of traffic flow:
Kings Rd/Taylors Rd is horrific and was rated the worst intersection by RACV a couple of years ago.
Eastlink exit off Bulleen Rd.
Sunshine Ave/Old Calder Hwy + Sunshine Ave/Melton Hwy

That one plus the Mt Alexander Rd/Keilor Rd roundabout are retarted.
That intersection is fine, the Essendon Junction intersection is worse, especially travelling south.
Sunshine Ave/Old Calder Hwy + Sunshine Ave/Melton Hwy
I've been caught in the wrong lane a few times and gone off in the wrong direction.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back