Cars & Transportation Worst Intersections.

Remove this Banner Ad

1980 to 1983, 1999 to 2001 and 2003 to 2010.

Pretty cool. :thumbsu:

To think that once upon a time we'd've been not more than 500m-1k away from each other navigating through Five Ways while listening to Essendon and Geelong play each other.

the M1 merge with the gateway motorway at springwood. the M1 goes down from 5 lanes to 4 then 3 then 2 and then merges with the gateway, insanity in peak hour.

apparently both sides of politics have pledged funds to rectify the problem.

upload_2016-6-25_11-0-33.png

This thing.

The lovely Britannia roundabout. It was one roundabout with five exits, but they added another roundabout three years ago to reduce congestion and minimise accidents.

Fat lot of good it's done. People still don't know how to navigate it. I was rear ended there three weeks ago. $12,500 damage, and a sky high insurance premium for the middle aged man who hit me.

They've improved it now, but the roundabout at the junction of Royal Pde, Flemington Road, Elzabeth St and Peel Street in Parkville used to be awful.

Getting off Eastlink heading southbound at Maroondah Highway with the intention to turn east through Ringwood is pretty bad as well. Need to merge across two lanes with traffic merging towards you that is trying to turn right within about 50m. Eastlink is great, but that was awful design.

Spaghetti Junction on the M6.
7605837802_82b081388d.jpg

What makes it worse is once you've negotiated it, you end up in f***ing Birmingham.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 260209

This thing.

The lovely Britannia roundabout. It was one roundabout with five exits, but they added another roundabout three years ago to reduce congestion and minimise accidents.

Fat lot of good it's done. People still don't know how to navigate it. I was rear ended there three weeks ago. $12,500 damage, and a sky high insurance premium for the middle aged man who hit me.

Beat me to it. Best strategy is to shut you eyes, floor it and hope for the best to get through this mess.

The Gepps Cross 5 ways can be a bit tricky, especially if turning right westbound from Grand Junction Rd.

And in terms of town planning fails 101 - Park Tce from Salisbury Highway to Wiltshire St. a dog's breakfast of intersections, especially the train line/bus interchange/Gawler St (about three intersections spaced within about 30 metres that weren't synced until The Ghan took out a bus and killed a few people).

In WA

Denny Ave/Railway Ave traffic light intersection in Kelmscott.

You do realise that's a temporary solution while the T2T project is built, and it actually flows pretty well.

I go Grange road onto Manton street on the way home from work and cars going down South rd stopped at the lights on the roundabout (where the red truck with grey trailer is) bank up and block the roundabout exit to Manton street. It's stupid.

Gnagara Road and Beechboro road in Perth. Going to and from work at the Vines Golf Course for 4 years was a constant battle. Probably saw the aftermath of roughly 10 accidents. They were adding an extra lane and some traffic lights and whatever just after i quit. No clue how that intersection is now days.

I go Grange road onto Manton street on the way home from work and cars going down South rd stopped at the lights on the roundabout (where the red truck with grey trailer is) bank up and block the roundabout exit to Manton street. It's stupid.

As I said, temporary solution, and long term it will be brilliant.

It is quite stupid.

My main bugbear is the Oaklands crossing intersection, where Morphett Rd and Diagonal Rd intersect. Is such a poorly designed intersection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back