Worst trades of the season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
time for me to unfortunately make another entry into this thread. After Fisher being shithouse for at least the last 2 months now, I figured, I have 2 trades to spare, no injuries, may as well get rid of him. Unfortunately I was a couple of thousand short of Enright, and ended up choosing Thornton. Has cost me about 80 points :( This along with making Selwood instead of Ablett captain last week has probably cost me my goal of making top 100

time for me to unfortunately make another entry into this thread. After Fisher being shithouse for at least the last 2 months now, I figured, I have 2 trades to spare, no injuries, may as well get rid of him. Unfortunately I was a couple of thousand short of Enright, and ended up choosing Thornton. Has cost me about 80 points :( This along with making Selwood instead of Ablett captain last week has probably cost me my goal of making top 100

Same situation as what I was in, except that I could and did get Enright. Just glad I'm not the only one who got rid of Fisher. It had been 12 rounds in a row without cracking the ton. Only cost me 55 points so hopefully he returns to his crappy SC form next week.

Ouch that hurts!
My trade this week, got rid of Liam Anthony for Lenny Hayes. Figured he would have a big game against the kangas. Late omission :(

With Kornes relegated to the bench scoring 107 hasnt hurt me on the scoreboard. Issue is next week as i used my last trade and i believe i will have 1 if not 2 donuts if Hodge, Newman dont come up and Franklin possibly suspended

my worst trade of the season proved to be in round 18. Desperate to keep pace with the top 100, and despondent about the swans form and chances given their extremely tough draw, I decided the time was ripe to drop Adam Goodes - who was now stuck as a permanent forward and getting shit delivery - and pick up Scott Pendlebury for a bargain basement price. The move looked like genius for 1 week, even though Goodes and the Swans both played a blinder against the saints Pendlebury outscored him by nearly 100 points. Next week Goodes scores a season high 223 points and follows it up with back to back tons. Meanwhile I have to take a donut in the backline this week cause I'm out of trades. Lose my final by 60 odd points and drop out of the top 200. FML.

My worst trade of the season would have to be round 11, when i was trading in a defender i was tossing up between the unproven duffield and sam fisher

i ended up choosing sam fisher since he has averaged 74.9 including a 0
despite averaging around 110 before that.

Where as duffield has averaged around 95 since

which makes around 240 points. And then the other bad trade i did for the yaer was get j brown believe it or not. round 18. i had didak until last min which i chose jb. this cost me 100 points

i know this doesnt sound like much however im currently 7th and no chance of winning however if i had have done these trades the other way i would be around 200 points off the pace (took sum risks recently to win which didnt pay off that i dont regret) and a small chance to win. Therefore despite these not being worst trades they are just about the most costly.

Its all a bit of fun this game just with i got paid 4 it :D

My worst trade of the season would have to be round 11, when i was trading in a defender i was tossing up between the unproven duffield and sam fisher

which makes around 240 points. And then the other bad trade i did for the yaer was get j brown believe it or not. round 18. i had didak until last min which i chose jb. this cost me 100 points

i know this doesnt sound like much however im currently 7th and no chance of winning however if i had have done these trades the other way i would be around 200 points off the pace (took sum risks recently to win which didnt pay off that i dont regret) and a small chance to win. Therefore despite these not being worst trades they are just about the most costly.

Its all a bit of fun this game just with i got paid 4 it :D

Funnily enough I only realised this week how shit Brown has been for me. Brought him in at the end of his absolutely awesome run and he's had 1 good game since then

Nah you can't class that as a bad trade at the time, only in hindsight.

Duffield had zero track record going into this season. Fisher has had at least 2 consecutive (if not more) 100 pt seasons?

You would've looked like a right turkey if you gambled on Duffield and he started spudding it out. I feel like a turkey for picking up McGlynn instead of Porpz for R21.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back