Would You Trade Bailey Smith?

Remove this Banner Ad

Polec:

The Power was understood to have offered the 25-year-old a three-year deal before North Melbourne tabled a five-year multi-million dollar contract.

Shiel:

“They were adamant they were going to keep him,” Dodoro told Fox Footy’s The Trade Lowdown.

“They had actually cleared out a few players over the last couple of days, and it was well documented they had a salary cap issue, but they cleared the money and said right, we want to keep him.

In the end it was GWS holding firm on its demands, given they were willing to hold onto Shiel with the belief he could fit under their salary cap.

“We’re really sorry to see him go - he’s a foundation member of the Giants family, but he wanted to come home and was a free agent next year,” GWS GM of football Wayne Campbell told Fox Footy’s The Trade Lowdown.

“So we thought the two first round picks were appropriate for a player of that calibre.”

Please, for the love of god, do some research. 😂

GWS absolutely took Dildo and Essingtin to the cleaners over that Snail Shiel trade..

GWS absolutely took Dildo and Essingtin to the cleaners over that Snail Shiel trade..

Not hard to bend essendon over at the trade table, especially a year before free agency. Hence GWS would take it, a year before they’d get less.

Them and North have constantly overpaid and made poor list/trade choices - hardly good examples.

Last edited:
No club has ever traded a player out, whilst he’s been playing well/looking the goods, to get the highest value possible when contracted
Have you not even read what I've been posting?

I'll say it one more time...

He wasn't looking the goods. That was the premise of the OP.

The key point in addition to that, was that the footy public were seemingly unaware of his clear and obvious limitations.

THAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE OP!!!

We knew his ceiling wasn't very high, but the suckers out there that were seduced by Instagram, a flowing mullet and two good finals against very poor opposition didn't.

Hence the question being asked as to whether they should trade him.

It was a perfectly logical and practical OP at the time, and it's even more logical and practical in hindsight.

I know you're embarrassed by your antics, but digging yourself deeper and deeper and resorting to attempting 'gotcha' moments about insignificant side-topics is really wasting everyone's time.

Admit you were wrong, and that you acted foolishly, and move on. Ask the mods to put this thread back on the main board where it belongs, and move on.

Have you not even read what I've been posting?

I'll say it one more time...

He wasn't looking the goods. That was the premise of the OP.

The key point in addition to that, was that the footy public were seemingly unaware of his clear and obvious limitations.

THAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE OP!!!

We knew his ceiling wasn't very high, but the suckers out there that were seduced by Instagram, a flowing mullet and two good finals against very poor opposition didn't.

Hence the question being asked as to whether they should trade him.

It was a perfectly logical and practical OP at the time, and it's even more logical and practical in hindsight.

I know you're embarrassed by your antics, but digging yourself deeper and deeper and resorting to attempting 'gotcha' moments about insignificant side-topics is really wasting everyone's time.

Admit you were wrong, and that you acted foolishly, and move on. Ask the mods to put this thread back on the main board where it belongs, and move on.

Not embarrassed at all. Made good points, backed them up with facts, hence you ignored them and why you’ve resorted to this pathetic reply 😂

Shhhh.. this sounds “insignificant” - you are not allowed to bring up examples related to the thread.
Have you been drinking??

That is a prime example of a club paying overs for a mediocre player.

It 100% supports my point.

Now that the footy world knows what he's always knew about Hopper, how much do you think he'd be worth now?

They sold high. Smart.

The Bulldogs ignored my advice to seel high on Smith when they had the chance. Not smart.

Have you been drinking??

That is a prime example of a club paying overs for a mediocre player.

It 100% supports my point.

You could almost pick any player that got traded for overs (happens for a variety of reasons), who hasn’t lived up to the hype (which then becomes hindsight) and then claim today that the club pushed them out due to seeing “limitations” that others didn’t see and that they wanted to sell high.

Some of the more embarrassing and lazy posting that you’ll ever see.

GWS wanted to keep Hopper, Richmond wanted Hopper, as did Geelong. Just because a random on an online forum thinks they are mediocre, doesn’t make it true or what clubs believe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately we got all the crap first rounders GWS drafted when they started up thanks to SOS (Jaksch, Sumner, Plowman FFS)

Happily he is St Kilda's problem now :D

Ha, yeah was gonna say mate, your GWS boys were horrid!!
Hope you didn’t overpay, as GWS would have no doubt seen their limitations and cashed in 😂.

Worst player we picked up from another club since Cain Ackland. Absolute spud

And that’s the beauty of hindsight mate. And also the difference between good list management and bad. I think you guys are making good decisions now though.
When it comes to this thread, club happy with player / player happy with club - club doesn’t then randomly put a player on the chopping block (for maybe seeing one skill issue - which can be improved also) when in contract, in order to “sell high” to try and fill other holes on the list.
We are not at the American sports level, in fact nowhere near it.
I can’t think of any examples of this occurring in our code.

Last edited:
When it comes to this thread, club happy with player / player happy with club - club doesn’t then randomly put a player on the chopping block (for maybe seeing one skill limitation) when in contract, in order to “sell high” to try and fill other holes on the list.
But they should have. As I suggested in the OP.

Strange way to apologise to me dude.

But they should have. As I suggested in the OP.

Strange way to apologise to me dude.

No clubs do it, and we aren’t at the American sports level of ruthless trading. Not hard to work that one out.

Clubs don’t push players out who don’t want to leave. They take overs yes, when contracted, but that doesn’t mean they are happy to have them gone.

Hence you’re here and received basically no support for the numerous, bizarre, and different points you’ve tried to make.

Last edited:
No clubs do it, and we aren’t at the American sports level of ruthless trading. Not hard to work that one out.

Hence you’re here and received basically no support for the numerous, bizarre, and different points you’ve tried to make.
So you're saying I was correct.

Right. Thank you. We finally got there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back