WoW: Cataclysm - 3rd Expansion.

Remove this Banner Ad

kaysee

Rising From The Ashes
10k Posts Port Adelaide - Matthew Broadbent Player Sponsor 2013 Port Adelaide - Foundation Sponsor Port Adelaide - Captains Club 2012 Sponsor Port Adelaide - John Butcher 2012 Player Sponsor
Jul 30, 2001
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
This expansion looks like it will be the one to hook me back in ( I never bothered with WotLK and left)... however this looks very promising:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm/faq/

Here are my top features.

1) Cataclysmic event rips apart Azeroth effecting most of the original lands in some shape or form. Examples: some regions now flooded so new villages and quests, some (the Barrens) are torn in 2 etc etc.

- this will make it very interesting to go back, roll alts and adventure in the original lands.

2) 2 new classes: Goblins (horde), Worgen Alliance. Again much better then DK option they had in WotLK IMO. 2 new starting areas. Goblins have been wanted for a long time and finally make sense. Worgen (think Werewolf mobs that are in/around ShadowFang Keep) give the alliance an "aggresive" race to draw from... instead of clean and noble Humans, Elves and Dranei (sp).

- again very interesting for replayability.

3) Flying mounts in Azeroth.

- cool no more riding around forever on slow mounts when you're a high level toon. Also explore it as never before.

4) Redoing Azeroth for low and high levels. Sort of related to the above point #1. Loads of high level and end game content now in Azeroth.

- Reworking the lower level areas with new quests is GREAT... using their knowledge from previous expansions they can now create a better experience for low level toons. A very good thing for replayability.

5) New 85 level cap and profession. Archaeology profession should be ok and new cap increase is always welcome, so yeah should be good.

Summary, being a fan for 2 years I grew bored of the grinding in TBC and cancelled just before WotLK when it was obvious more grinding was coming and the wolrd would be overrun by DKs. This expansion though is refiring my love for the game and adventuring... especially with the planned changes to Azeroth. The changed areas, new quests, and new races definitely make me want to start adventuring in the WOW world again.

Cheers :D
SKC

Ive been sparingly playing for the last year, during breaks etc, but I will be renewing for this no doubt. Ive always wanted to see Azeroth redone, it is a pity that they let the original lands become so irrelevant in the first place though.

I haven't played in over a year (almost 2), since TBC. TBH it does sound better than either of the preceeding expansions... Doubt I'd start playing it again though, what with D3, SC2 and TF2 all to play.

WotLK was really quite fun and much better than TBC, until you finished all the content like 3 weeks later.

I came back again for Ulduar but that was a bit meh. I'll try not to play this but will probably end up sucking my life away (again)

I really liked Wotlk but ive not really played since i leveled to 80 all that much. This time i might stick around for some more pvp. Seems that they are listening to peoples demands with this xpansion.

Thank God they are not increasing the level to 90, once im level 85 i might move back to a pvp server. As others have said im far more intrested in D3 and SC:2.

For new players leveling to 50 is going to be like level to 30 was back before the BC. A Worgen Death Knight would be awsome, alas i dont have the time to level it from 55 to 85.

Was very much into PVE back in the dags of Rag, Onyxia ect... Looking forward to seeing what they produce.

Its all about milking the cow. Level 100 would be a good psychological stop point. Another three after this.

I am most impressed with the Azeroth upgrades. Sans Capital cities, those places were desolate and archaic.

I will be back in Summer most probably, but will probably level another character rather than get back into the massive raiding game straight away. Makes your hair fall out sometimes that does:eek:

It think Wrath was ok when I was levelling the first time and got to level 80, but after that if you had nothing to do apart from raiding then it got pretty boring, so I haven't played in a while.

That being said, Cataclysm looks really good, no doubt about it for me, but I'm not sure I'm willing to spend the money to get it when Star Wars: The Old Republic is coming out too, which i'm definitely getting. I guess it all depends on the release dates. I'll probably get roped in by friends to get it in the end haha.

Will check back to see what it's like. Seriously doubt it will be enough to pull me back into this game. I bought a card a while back to level something, got to 30 in a couple of days and never touched it again, best $38 I ever spent.

I just want to see the luls when I run around as a Worgen.. named WorgnFreeman:D

I played WOW from release almost, and stopped playing 2 months after WOLK came out, was disappointing.

Might wait till the level cap goes up a bit before I get back into it, 5 level increase, what's the use.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back