Wright = Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
It struck me today, as i was watching the game, how similar Sam Wright is to a young Brad Green.

Both around that 6"2 mark, excellent skills, that play a tall marking half forward role, that can potentially push into the midfield.

Strong overhead etc etc.

He may look similar to Thomas, his game style is much closer to a Brad Green though.

All class is young Sam :thumbsu:

When Brad Green took a mark over Sam Wright in the last quarter, I thought that as well.

Very similar players. He's going to a very good player. His footy brain is mind blowing.

Yep, all Sam is lacking is 50-100 games experience and 10kg in the gym.

Even Healy managed to mention, that Sam "will be a force to be reckoned with in a few years"

19 disposals 7 marks and 2.5 goals per game.

Not even close to him yet.

Agreed, Green is a star.

Will be AA this season.

55 goals is double our top goal scorer for the last 2 seasons.

19 disposals 7 marks and 2.5 goals per game.

Not even close to him yet.

Yeah right.

Sam went 14.4, 5.6 and 2.8 goals in 5 games since he was knocked out against Richmond.

So a lot closer to some downhill skier with 200 more games under his belt.

I am thinking Sam will have more of a Steve Johnson career.

Green has had a great year, but Sammy should be setting his sights a fair distance higher than Brad's career based on what we have seen this year.

Agreed, Green is a star.

Will be AA this season.

55 goals is double our top goal scorer for the last 2 seasons.

he must be another one of those young chaps that's making the media sit up and take notice.

I wouldn't say star, but he has had an exceptional year.

Was very good again today. Green & Jurrah nearly won the game off their own boot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sammy plays his role well and maybe end up as a forward rotating midfielder who kicks 30-45 goals a year. ( kicked mid 20s since going forward). But his still got a fair way to catch green. he can't win a game if his own boot JUST yet

Sammy plays his role well and maybe end up as a forward rotating midfielder who kicks 30-45 goals a year. ( kicked mid 20s since going forward). But his still got a fair way to catch green. he can't win a game if his own boot JUST yet
Spoken like a true Melbourne supporter.;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back