News Writ issued by Melbourne lawyer against Mike Fitzpatrick and Gillon McLachlan over saga conduct.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I freely admit something here could surprise, but everything this "justice" group seem to bring up is how the whole thing isn't valid under Australian legal process.

I'm fairly sure everybody knows that - it's an ridiculously unjust system, that the AFL should ditch (but won't as they have no balls).

The issue here though, is it doesn't matter.

I freely admit something here could surprise, but everything this "justice" group seem to bring up is how the whole thing isn't valid under Australian legal process.

I'm fairly sure everybody knows that - it's an ridiculously unjust system, that the AFL should ditch (but won't as they have no balls).

The issue here though, is it doesn't matter.

Yep. Our blokes were found Not Guilty under English Common Law and then found Guity under the Continental Legal System (European Napoleonic Code). How can you be found guilty of anything in YOUR own country and found guilty IN your country of a FOREIGN powers Legal System. Joke.

Yep. Our blokes were found Not Guilty under English Common Law and then found Guity under the Continental Legal System (European Napoleonic Code). How can you be found guilty of anything in YOUR own country and found guilty IN your country of a FOREIGN powers Legal System. Joke.

There is so much wrong with that statement I don't even know where to start.

If Fitzpatrick is no longer working for the afl and mcdevitt no longer employed by ASADA can they be compelled to take the stand. Mcdevitt being a government official possibly yes but the afl is not a government organisation so what would the powers be to have him take the stand? He's not exactly going to do it to be a good bloke (as he is not that)

If Fitzpatrick is no longer working for the afl and mcdevitt no longer employed by ASADA can they be compelled to take the stand. Mcdevitt being a government official possibly yes but the afl is not a government organisation so what would the powers be to have him take the stand? He's not exactly going to do it to be a good bloke (as he is not that)

It's is a long standing tradition that senate committees 'invite' witnesses and the witness attends voluntarily.

However, a committee can most certainly compel attendance if need be.

It's is a long standing tradition that senate committees 'invite' witnesses and the witness attends voluntarily.

However, a committee can most certainly compel attendance if need be.

Yes in the case of a senate enquiry but there is no existing senate enquiry at present. Just a lawyer who has issued a writ against Fitzpatrick and McLachlan. How would he compel them to take the stand?

Yes in the case of a senate enquiry but there is no existing senate enquiry at present. Just a lawyer who has issued a writ against Fitzpatrick and McLachlan. How would he compel them to take the stand?

Don't confuse a Senate Commitee and Enquiry - Committee can invite you to attend, though it's not compulsory to attend - Whereas a Senate Enquiry or the like you are compelled to attend.

Senate Committee's run all the time - This is part of the process keeping Government Departments and their mandarins accountable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes but the current writ has nothing to do with the senate at this stage - this was my point.
the writ has nothing to with the senate discussion. There's been a submission to a senator about the legal status of the investigation or something by a different group

Nothing so extreme will come of it.

The courts have already determined the legality of the process, as morally void as it was.

And neither of the major parties wants anything to do with digging in to this considering both have dirty laundry to be aired should an inquiry be launched.

Writ issued naming Fitzpatrick, Fitzpatrick retires from AFL.
Coincidence or connected?

Demetriou's business interests significantly improved with the denigration of Hird.
http://www.theage.com.au/business/a...stink-over-clubsnsw-deal-20170214-gucpbk.html

Secret Dons tape: Dons crisis meeting recording emerges
Michael Warner, Herald Sun
28 minutes ago
Subscriber only

A SECRET tape recording has emerged of a crisis meeting held at the height of Essendon’s drugs war with the AFL.

The extraordinary 2013 recording of Bombers chairman Paul Little, coach James Hird, senior assistant Mark Thompson and football manager Danny Corcoran lays bare their fury as they come to the view they have been betrayed by the AFL and its deputy chief, Gillon McLachlan.

In the recording an angry Little says: “I rang him (McLachlan) last night and I said, ‘You know, you’ve really upset me here, because you’ve gone back on your word, Gil’.

“He said, ‘No no, I haven’t, I haven’t’. I said, ‘You have. You told me one thing, and now you’re doing something else’.”

A clearly desperate Hird says: “They’re a pack of f---ing lying pr---s — and they have done from the start … ”

b5169f95e7f7a7b688d1c844078c5b99

Then- Essendon chairman Paul Little called the meeting with then-coach James Hird, senior assistant Mark Thompson and football manager Danny Corcoran. Picture: Michael Klein

b809dcbc5714dc2ab8a5ad2e93057ec5

Now-AFL boss Gillon McLachlan is accused of going back on his word in the recording. Picture: Mark Metcalfe/Getty

adfc6303229e71fe92860c20a99ee86b

Former Essendon coach James Hird desperately called the AFL a “pack of f---ing lying pr---s” in the recording. Picture: Scott Barbour/Getty

Little also says McLachlan told him the previous night, “there is a 99 per cent chance that the players won’t be charged” for doping.

The August 8 meeting at Windy Hill was called just hours after lawyers for the AFL told Essendon that charges would be laid against the club and officials over the 2012 drug injections program.

The tape, until now a secret, exposes how the Bombers felt the AFL was threatening them to either accept sanctions or be “stood down” as a club. Little says: “That’s the gun at our head.”

After reading excerpts of the recording, Labor federal MP Kimberley Kitching has now joined a push for a Senate inquiry into the conduct of the AFL and ASADA.

Senator Kitching said on Thursday night: “It is clear mistakes were made by regulators and others, and those mistakes must never again be repeated.”

The league has always maintained that the AFL Commission “hearing” to decide the fate of Essendon and its officials — held two weeks after the recorded crisis meeting — was not compromised by backroom deals and negotiations.

The leaked tape throws serious doubt on those claims.

14c7305ddb4c90f298241bab6638e4fd

Victorian Labor federal MP Kimberley Kitching has joined a push for a Senate inquiry into the contact of the AFL and ASADA. Picture: Ray Strange

Campaigners for an inquiry have questioned whether it was appropriate for the AFL to attempt to strike a deal with Essendon and to provide assurances over whether the players would be charged.

Corcoran, Thompson, Hird and Little can all be heard on the tape, and have given approval for it to be released to the public.

At the start of the recording, a clearly stunned Little tells the group: “So, I think what they’re saying is ... if we don’t co-operate they have the power to stand down.”

He continues: “And we don’t know if that refers to individuals or the club. But they have used that as a veiled threat.”

Little further laments: “Every single issue that I agreed on with Gil McLachlan, and I met with him the other night, has pretty much been reversed now in this note here.”

38ecb1c000317e94c97663fd5bdc5a4a

Mark "Bomber" Thompson can be heard on the tape. Picture: Mark Stewart

616e35a86aa3ccd827740a39dcf1ee23

Danny Corcoran (right, pictured with Essendon doctor Bruce Reid) has given permission for the tape to be made public. Picture: Quinn Rooney/Getty

c5bd5d09434b80da07a1751a9e18937d

Then-Essendon chairman Paul Little and coach James Hird leave the Federal Court. Picture: Michael Klein

Detailing another conversation with McLachlan about the clearing of the Essendon 34 from doping charges, Little says: “He’s now saying to me, ‘Oh, I was referring to (AOD)-9604’, and I said, ‘That is f---ing crap’.

“I said, ‘We parked 9604, we all agreed that that was going nowhere’, and then we spoke about getting the players cleared, ‘unconditionally’ was the word I used ...

“And he said ‘What do you want from me?’. And I said — no, he then said to me, ‘There is a 99 per cent chance that the players won’t be charged’.

“And I said ‘Well, I’d like to believe you, but are you happy for me to use that language in front of the players?’

“And he said ‘Oh no, you can’t do that’. And I said ‘Well, f--k, you’re telling me one thing and over here we can’t say anything to the players’.

“And he said ‘Let me work on it. I will try and give you some language that will give you the comfort that the players so desperately need’.”

df18a17ef18853b122e0bb6f78edb8c8

Then-Essendon chairman Paul Little wasn’t impressed with Gillon McLachlan. Picture: Wayne Ludbey

Referring to the interim report of the ASADA investigation, handed to the league just six days earlier, Hird says: “Every bit of advice we’ve been given by everyone we know is that that is not a legal document. It cannot be used. It is in breach of ASADA Act.’’

Little responds: “And it’s questionable whether ASADA should have even handed it over to the AFL …

“You know, to give someone an interim report where 20 per cent of it is blacked out and you can’t even read it is a f---ing joke, and then make a decision based on that …

“And Gil McLachlan says, ‘Oh, by the way, the redacted parts, we’ll give them to you in a day or two.’ Oh, f--k, I haven’t seem them, they haven’t come. You know, so, mate, that story can be told and the fact that (Andrew) Demetriou has put himself up as being not able to talk to us because he’s conflicted.

“Well, f---ing what’s happened to his confliction for the last six months?”

The meeting was five days before the AFL charged Essendon, Hird, Thompson, Corcoran and club doctor Bruce Reid with bringing the game into disrepute. Two weeks later, the club agreed to penalties including a $2 million fine, banishment from the finals, and being stripped of prized draft picks; Hird and Corcoran accepted suspensions.

The Herald Sun was not involved in recording the meeting and did not pay for the tape.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/cd3d3a6542b136847ffeb0f1b41511f1

Last edited:
I told ya'all its only going to get worse for the AFL. There is blood in the water and the sharks are circling wanting revenge. They wont stop now!

This will not end well for Gil & Co!

Gil should just save everyones time and step down and maybe it wont be as bad for the AFL.

Time to get Gil and Asada on the witness stand and testify in a real ******* court and expose the lying scumbags they are.

Listened to whole thing.

They're just discussing about how to and pledging to fight it... and in the end they didn't.

There's nothing we don't already know.

As I've said plenty of times... what are people expecting to discover? The AFL are dodgy and had no idea what they were doing here?

That's hardly a revelation.

Listened to whole thing.

They're just discussing about how to and pledging to fight it... and in the end they didn't.

There's nothing we don't already know.

As I've said plenty of times... what are people expecting to discover? The AFL are dodgy and had no idea what they were doing here?

That's hardly a revelation.

Did like some of the quotes from Bomber and Hirdy though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back