Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Sponsors and VFL logo between 1979-1984 are missing. The lion is there but not AMCO, Nanda and Cleanaway and Darlington Investment Services

Last edited:

West Coast Home page is done
Haha I checked the page last night and saw 2022 and 2023's jumpers were sponsorless so I figured it was a work in progress at that time. Nicely done 👏

might be out of the loop and love the change but is the liscencing rules different or any reason your adding the sponsors logos now
The AFL Licensing Dept has been the sticking point until now.
In their mind, the sold the rights to digital display of AFL Intellectual Property to Telstra.
This includes logos and jumpers.
I was then informed that they would turn a blind eye if the site was not commercial.
To them, that included old sponsors who were at that time no longer associated with the clubs.
They gave me no assistance, and there was no partnership implied.

Then in 2022 one of the senior people from the Licensing Dept reached out via LinkedIn and said Hi.
He had worked at a different company (selling AFL Licensed merchandise) and wanted to partner with me in 2019, and I had told him I was unable to.
From there we met when I came out last September and he told me a few different things.
1 That the AFL use my site, and AFLTables probably more than anyone. My site for the growing interest among clubs in Retro jumpers.
There is the suggestion that both sites should be under the domain of the AFL, however, neither the Licensing Dept or the History Dept have the resources to maintain the sites on a regular basis. And that it is not seen as a Full Time job, given two blokes currently maintain them in their spare time.
2 That they would assist me in artwork, making my job significantly easier. I've shared artwork with them, some of which will feature next weekend. Some was used last year. (Not having the re-draw the SDN Round jumpers from scratch is worth it alone)
3 So long as the website remains strictly a resource, they will continue working with me to make it as accurate as possible representation of the history of the game.

The 2023 Sturt guernsey with the lightning effect doesn't have side panels. It's depicted with side panels on the site. The effect is gone for 2024 and the new 24 version doesn't have side panels either.

The AFL Licensing Dept has been the sticking point until now.
In their mind, the sold the rights to digital display of AFL Intellectual Property to Telstra.
This includes logos and jumpers.
I was then informed that they would turn a blind eye if the site was not commercial.
To them, that included old sponsors who were at that time no longer associated with the clubs.
They gave me no assistance, and there was no partnership implied.

Then in 2022 one of the senior people from the Licensing Dept reached out via LinkedIn and said Hi.
He had worked at a different company (selling AFL Licensed merchandise) and wanted to partner with me in 2019, and I had told him I was unable to.
From there we met when I came out last September and he told me a few different things.
1 That the AFL use my site, and AFLTables probably more than anyone. My site for the growing interest among clubs in Retro jumpers.
There is the suggestion that both sites should be under the domain of the AFL, however, neither the Licensing Dept or the History Dept have the resources to maintain the sites on a regular basis. And that it is not seen as a Full Time job, given two blokes currently maintain them in their spare time.
2 That they would assist me in artwork, making my job significantly easier. I've shared artwork with them, some of which will feature next weekend. Some was used last year. (Not having the re-draw the SDN Round jumpers from scratch is worth it alone)
3 So long as the website remains strictly a resource, they will continue working with me to make it as accurate as possible representation of the history of the game.

Have the league been able to assist with SDN Round designs from years gone past? Ones that were super difficult to replicate by hand?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have the league been able to assist with SDN Round designs from years gone past? Ones that were super difficult to replicate by hand?
For the most part No, however, certain clubs saw the value in collaborating and were able to assist.
Thankfully, some of the more complicated designs were from these clubs.

Mero, I'm curious.

Are the colours used on your website for each club official CMYK colours for the teams, through AFL Brandzone? Or just your best estimation as per how the colours look in person?
Initially they were CMYK based on the Official Colour Guide I have.
Then I realised these are going to be different from what they look like because people are looking at them in RGB on their monitor or phone. So I converted them to RGB based on a conversion tool in Illustrator.
That proved to be inaccurate, so I 've used online tools to get them as close as possible.
For wool & acrylic dyes I've used RGB that 'look about right'.

might be out of the loop and love the change but is the liscencing rules different or any reason your adding the sponsors logos now
Would also love to ask how do you choose when you do the designs how tough is it too choose whether to include parts from sponsorship like the Hawthorn H in the new isc guernseys

IMG_6268.jpeg

Would also love to ask how do you choose when you do the designs how tough is it too choose whether to include parts from sponsorship like the Hawthorn H in the new isc guernseys

View attachment 1948260
I will be doing all the sponsors from all the jumpers.
I just haven't gotten to them yet.
So far Adelaide, Brisbane, Carlton, Collingwood, Fitzroy, Fremantle, Gold Coast, GWS, Port Adelaide & Western Bulldogs are complete with sponsors.
West Coast the Home jumpers are done.
Everyone else only has the 2024 jumpers done, and only then if they are a different design to last year.

On Port Adelaide's away guernseys, their 2002 away uniform had a different Vodafone logo that was exactly like the 2003 more box looking logo. Also, 2017-2018 away uniforms are missing the ISC logo. On Port Adelaide's home guernseys, the Scotts logo for 2000-2003 should be the same size as the 2004-2006 Scotts logo, only the 1998-1999 home guernseys had a larger Scotts logo on the front. On The Port Adelaide 2014 jumpers page, preseason is using the round 5 "NAME" guernsey, 2014 preseason guernsey just needs "PLAYER" removed from the top.

Last edited:
On Port Adelaide's away guernseys, their 2002 away uniform had a different Vodafone logo that was exactly like the 2003 more box looking logo. Also, 2017-2018 away uniforms are missing the ISC logo. On Port Adelaide's home guernseys, the Scotts logo for 2000-2003 should be the same size as the 2004-2006 Scotts logo, only the 1998-1999 home guernseys had a larger Scotts logo on the front. On The Port Adelaide 2014 jumpers page, preseason is using the round 5 "NAME" guernsey, 2014 preseason guernsey just needs "PLAYER" removed from the top.
All edits now made and uploaded

The 2014 page was fixed, but the home guernseys with the Scotts logos and away guernseys with the Vodafone and ISC logos changes I don't think were processed, it's still showing the same as previous.
I uploaded them again.
2000-2003 has the same Scotts logo as 2004, which s slightly smaller than 1997-99.

I uploaded them again.
2000-2003 has the same Scotts logo as 2004, which s slightly smaller than 1997-99.
away2.JPG scott sponsor.JPG
isc missing.JPG
On the Port Adelaide Home Jumpers and Port Adelaide Away Jumpers pages I'm still seeing it with the incorrect sponsor logos. 2000-2003 is still showing up as the same size as 1998-1999 when 2000-2003 Scotts was the same size as 2004-2006. Vodafone 2002 away sponsor is the box one. Port Adelaide 2000 Jumpers page uses the the 1998-1999 Scotts logo size, when it should be the same size as Port's 2001-2006 jumpers pages with the Scotts front logo. Also, ISC is missing from the 2017-2018 away jumpers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back