Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1925038

View attachment 1925039

The 2024 sash doesn't look as bright when compared to last year. Have they changed it?
What I've changed to is the colour used by Puma in their artwork for the new jumpers.
Eventually every jumper will be updated, and the Puma colours will be the same.
The other manufacturers, Reebok, KooGa & BLK will probably stay the same.

Hi Mero. I reckon the Collingwood Swooping Magpie jumper (original) was worn in the Ansett Cup from 2001-4 and as a Clash jumper for 2002-4 as well (the latter as you have it under Collingwood Away jumpers). It's how I have it recorded from the time, and these articles corroborate it;

So perhaps you can put it in as a pre-season jumper for 2001. Cheers.

Hi Mero. I reckon the Collingwood Swooping Magpie jumper (original) was worn in the Ansett Cup from 2001-4 and as a Clash jumper for 2002-4 as well (the latter as you have it under Collingwood Away jumpers). It's how I have it recorded from the time, and these articles corroborate it;

So perhaps you can put it in as a pre-season jumper for 2001. Cheers.
Added to the 2001 Season and the Pre-Season jumpers pages

Noticed the MG logo doesn't quite look right for Port. Since they've sponsored us they've used a newer version of the logo where the main differences are that the line in the G doesn't go so far in and the outline is far thinner than the letters. I'll attach a good picture to use for the logo.
1711274683916.png
1711274694317.png
1711274750937.png

I am re-doing all of the Port jumpers, they should be finished next week.
Currently they are png, I am changed the image size and file to gif.

Gold Coast Away is now done
Hi Mero. Thanks for taking the time to update all the jumpers with sponsor logos - a monumental task!

The Gold Coast Away jumper icon is still showing as in AFLGoalsBehinds' post above, however when you click on it you get the correct image.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am re-doing all of the Port jumpers, they should be finished next week.
Currently they are png, I am changed the image size and file to gif.

Gold Coast Away is now done
I’ve wondered for a while but never asked, what was the reason for making every image on the site a gif? Is it a file size thing or quality or something else?

Hi Mero. Thanks for taking the time to update all the jumpers with sponsor logos - a monumental task!

The Gold Coast Away jumper icon is still showing as in AFLGoalsBehinds' post above, however when you click on it you get the correct image.
It is the same image, so it must be to do with caching on your PC.
If you Refresh the page it might show the new version

Well... Mero's history is correct.
And South Melbourne were very definitely Blue & White until they merged with Albert Park and took their colours of Red & White.
Here's the 1878 The Footballer Magazine: The Footballer 1878.pdf
P22 lists the Senior clubs, Albert Park being alphabetically first. They were Scarlet & White
P25 lists the Junior clubs, amongst them South Melbourne who are listed as wearing Blue & White with a Scarlet Sash.

It looks like they deleted the post with the incorrect information.

Well... Mero's history is correct.
And South Melbourne were very definitely Blue & White until they merged with Albert Park and took their colours of Red & White.
Here's the 1878 The Footballer Magazine: The Footballer 1878.pdf
P22 lists the Senior clubs, Albert Park being alphabetically first. They were Scarlet & White
P25 lists the Junior clubs, amongst them South Melbourne who are listed as wearing Blue & White with a Scarlet Sash.

It looks like they deleted the post with the incorrect information.

It’s still up on Twitter, at least as of this morning. A few people have tried to call them out though

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back