Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Been seeing the M&M jumper pop up on FB Marketplace and eBay from time to time and noticed the monogram is different than what's pictured on the site. No curvature at the ends of both C's and a lot of sloppy work elsewhere eg. bottom serif is off centre, top line of the 'F' is diagonal, the serif of the end of the F touches the little C to name a few.

I bring this up because it's polyester and all jumpers had the same exact monogram unlike the woollen ones with a lot more minor differences. Plus the Back Hyundai sponsor text appears much bolder
1997 M&M Jumper.JPG
4e8c13705773aef09d5af1ec2c5cef62.jpg
431347300_7064155530319744_6276275818501047418_n.jpg
Carlton-1997-MM.gif

Last edited:

Mero Do you have much of the original art from teams this year?
So far I have art for one team.
I expect to get the others before the end of the week.
However, I am going away this weekend (Long Weekend where I am) so I imagine some of them won't get done until next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks amazing! Disappointed in my mob, hopefully they can get back to you with the artwork (and same for the other clubs too) but what is already done looks fantastic.
I have a contact at the AFL who these days has his minions send me the files.
It's fair to say these people aren't quite up to speed with the vector v raster graphics conversation.
All the files were pdfs, I will give them that, but for a number of clubs, the image inside the pdf was just a jpg image of the jumper. I would expect it was the manufacturers who sent the files, not the clubs.
So hopefully we'll get somewhere next week.
One of the jumpers I have completed is done without having the artwork and having to use the jpgs and piecing them together with Clipping Masks.

Mero , apologies if this has been covered, but what was the catalyst for including sponsor/manufacturer logos on footyjumpers after not having them for so long? Was it a personal choice to expand the project? Or something that required outside permission?

Mero , apologies if this has been covered, but what was the catalyst for including sponsor/manufacturer logos on footyjumpers after not having them for so long? Was it a personal choice to expand the project? Or something that required outside permission?
A black jumper with a red sash is not specifically an Essendon jumper.
If you add a Speed Kills logo and an AFL logo, it is.
But then an Essendon jumper is the AFL's Intellectual Property.
Initially the AFL had turned a blind eye to me including AFL IP on an internet site.
However, over the last couple of years the AFL have recognised that they use it as much as anyone, especially for verifying designs and the dates worn.
StKilda successfully argued for and then used Yellow as a club colour in their Heritage design last year after the AFL told them it had to be White. Yellow had been a club colour from 1915 to 1922. This argument was based on the information on the site.
Retro jumpers are becoming more and more of a thing, and the AFL have un-officially offered their assistance in maintaining the site moving forward. So long as it remains non-commercial.
So the one thing that was stopping the inclusion of the sponsor logos is no longer a thing.

Last edited:
A black jumper with a red sash is not specifically an Essendon jumper.
If you add a Speed Kills logo and an AFL logo, it is.
But then an Essendon jumper is the AFL's Intellectual Property.
Initially the AFL had turned a blind eye to me including AFL IP on an internet site.
However, over the last couple of years the AFL have recognised that they use it as much as anyone, especially for verifying designs and the dates worn.
StKilda successfully argued for and then used Yellow as a club colour in their Heritage design last year after the AFL told them it had to be White. Yellow had been a club colour from 1915 to 1922. This argument was based on the information on the site.
Retro jumpers are becoming more and more of a thing, and the AFL have un-officially offered their assistance in maintaining the site moving forward. So long as it remains non-commercial.
So the one thing that was stopping the inclusion of the sponsor logos is no longer a thing.
so then why were you always allowed to have sponsors on the full uniforms?

so then why were you always allowed to have sponsors on the full uniforms?
The site has been online as footyjumpers.com since 2003. The uniforms are a recent addition. When I started them I decided it was easier to ask for forgiveness than permission

Swans in 1998.
AFL logo to be added + Puma logo needs to be shifted below, back to top/centre in 1999.
IMG_3558.jpeg
IMG_3563.png
IMG_3564.gif

Minor change for the Suns pre-AFL page, you have them down as wearing the same jumper in 2009 (TAC Cup) and 2010 (VFL) which I suppose was true before the logos were added, but there was a very slight difference between the two comps. You've got the VFL jumper here, whereas the TAC jumper had a different league logo and no CFA logo (VFL-wide sponsor that year). Could be mistaken, but there might not have been any sidepanels on the Reebok template either, I've cross-checked pictures from both comps and it looks like there was a single seam down each side. Everything else (white numbers, no back sponsor, etc.) is all correct for both comps though.
1716727708314.png
1716727897969.png
1716728047548.png
1716728099353.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back