News Xavier Duursma departs for Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s another step on his road to Duurfest.

Was real good in the first half last night. I want to see him do it in a closer game though.

If you'll recall I never said he was a spud who had nothing to offer or anything like that, I said I can see him becoming a whipping boy. Jerk Joshkins across the road has had plenty of big games when the Crows are up and about too, it's how he goes when they're struggling that makes him a whipping boy.

Was real good in the first half last night. I want to see him do it in a closer game though.

If you'll recall I never said he was a spud who had nothing to offer or anything like that, I said I can see him becoming a whipping boy. Jerk Joshkins across the road has had plenty of big games when the Crows are up and about too, it's how he goes when they're struggling that makes him a whipping boy.

Tbh I can’t even remember exactly what you said about him but whatever it was you’re definitely backpedaling from it now and hard we should hook you up to the grid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like this kid. He had poor kicking in the JLT but in the AFL games his kicking has been good. I like that you get the feeling that he wants to make a positive difference on the park. He works a lot, likes going into the contest, has great run and speed, but I like mostly that his decision making is good. As are Butters, Drew, and Rozee.

Reminds me of Isaac Smith (just not of the left-footed variety). He's going to be a very good player.

Nice comparison. Hopefully will continue to not only develop as a line breaking weapon, but like his other oft-cited comparison Andrew Embley will also be capable of being an aerial threat. As much as I wish to erase the memory of what followed (well, the entire game tbh), that late grab against Richmond was tremendous.

I love watching the Road Runner line up to get the chance to get the ball out in the open and progress towards kicking a goal.

You dont see it on TV, but at the ground, and from my seat elevated above ground level, you get to see how he sets himself for a pass across ground and gets out in open space and just goes flat out towards the goal. It usually involves running for 50~80m to get to and then carry the ball and then kicking the ball 30~50m.

There are shades of peak Stephen Hill about him - the way he runs thru the corridor.

And he loves a goal celebration and might be good enough to pull off a Butters facial expression.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back