News Xavier Duursma departs for Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

The board is anti-Duursma because Macca and Portia are anti-Duursma, but those two are heavily outweighed by the draft watchers around the country who do rate him. I'm not jumping for joy over this pick but I'll give him a chance.

I don’t hate him but I think he is a reach in the first round

Absolutely rate him in the second round and predominantly most of the country rated him as a second rounder only linking him to port at 15 citing we had interest in him.

I was keen on him with one of our many second rounders. At this point I don’t know what the point was of trading up all our picks if we were going to reach for players.

Anyway best of luck to Duursma.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must admit I've never even seen a highlights package of him until tonight. But all the commentators seem to think we've done well with our 3 picks.

He spoke pretty well, and getting described as a mini hoff was enough for me.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t hate him but I think he is a reach in the first round

Absolutely rate him in the second round and predominantly most of the country rated him as a second rounder only linking him to port at 15 citing we had interest in him.

I was keen on him with one of our many second rounders. At this point I don’t know what the point was of trading up all our picks if we were going to reach for players.

Anyway best of luck to Duursma.

Not that it's important, but he wasn't a reach. He was linked to several clubs around our pick. Twomey had him rated low when he was generally rated much higher. He changed his mind. I remember asking Pie 4 Life who Port would take at 10 and 11 assuming we got 11 for polec. He said Rozee / Duursma and bailey Williams (with the proviso clubs didn't necessarily agree about Williams) Anyway...lets hope he works out. There is a lot to work with.

Gary Buckenara described Duursma as a talented and versatile midfielder/ rebound defender who attacks the ball hard and uses his skills to create.

Captain of Gippsland Power and a future leader.

The board is anti-Duursma because Macca and Portia are anti-Duursma, but those two are heavily outweighed by the draft watchers around the country who do rate him. I'm not jumping for joy over this pick but I'll give him a chance.

Yep.

Not at Janus levels, but I often read Macca's post match roundups/ratings and think we've watched a different game.

I'll give him a chance. Work on his kicking and decision making and he'll be ok

Remove this Banner Ad

Back