Xbox 360 help

Remove this Banner Ad

nick_savo

Premiership Player
Nov 8, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Im looking at getting one.

Just wondering for $350 I can get the core system, 1 controll (not wireless) and a consol, that is it.

for $530 I can get the consol, wireless controll, 30 trial xbox live, high definition cables, 20 gig HD, ect

Am i better off spending the extra money, i like the wireless controls

Thoughts

If you can afford the extra $$$$ mate then it is a no brainer. Perhaps even go for the new Elite model for around $750 or something with extra HD, updated software etc.etc.

But yes, spend the extra money for the Pro system at the very least.

Yeh, I think ill pay the $530 and get the PRO system

Whats the premium system and how much?

Any tips on what game I should get first?
I like sport games, and Halo is a must :p

I saw that aswell nick savo,at target they were selling them for $350,but it must be worth paying the extra money. Also what is up with these hardware failures and how long will the 360 last?

I think the pro system you are referring to is actually the premium, its the one with wireless, 20GB HDD etc

As for games, if you're new to 360 there's heaps to catch up on

Gears of War, Bioshock, Crackdown, Rainbow 6 Vegas, Graw

As for sports games, i don't have many, but Tiger Woods 08 is friggin sweet. I love it. Thing is with the xbox, you can download demos over the net and try before you buy. Heaps of stuff to try for free mate, NBA, NFL, you name it.

Also what is up with these hardware failures and how long will the 360 last?

When the 360 was released there was massive demand. To keep up with it, microsoft sourced components, like drives, from many manufacturers. Some of those components turned out to be unreliable and many 360's failed.

Thankfully they seemed to have pinned down the dodgy bits and have stopped using them. Failure rates on new machines are pretty low, and Microsoft have extended the warranty to 3years so you can buy one worry free.

I think the pro system you are referring to is actually the premium, its the one with wireless, 20GB HDD etc

As for games, if you're new to 360 there's heaps to catch up on

Gears of War, Bioshock, Crackdown, Rainbow 6 Vegas, Graw

As for sports games, i don't have many, but Tiger Woods 08 is friggin sweet. I love it. Thing is with the xbox, you can download demos over the net and try before you buy. Heaps of stuff to try for free mate, NBA, NFL, you name it.

When the 360 was released there was massive demand. To keep up with it, microsoft sourced components, like drives, from many manufacturers. Some of those components turned out to be unreliable and many 360's failed.

Thankfully they seemed to have pinned down the dodgy bits and have stopped using them. Failure rates on new machines are pretty low, and Microsoft have extended the warranty to 3years so you can buy one worry free.

Thanks for your help Mancey much appreciated

No worries.

Those hardware failures really tarnished the 360, and its understandable that a few people have steered clear. It should never had happened, and would probably have been avoided, if microsoft hadn't rushed the system release so much to get a head start on Nintendo and Sony, and done some more rigourous testing pre release. At least they have had the balls, and money i guess, to stand behind the system and offer such a massive warranty to get the publics confidence back. They screwed up, they fixed it.

Early hardware failures aside, its hard to find a fault with it. Its simply so much fun. I've had hours and hours of enjoyment from mine, never regretted my purchase for a second...

No worries.

Those hardware failures really tarnished the 360, and its understandable that a few people have steered clear. It should never had happened, and would probably have been avoided, if microsoft hadn't rushed the system release so much to get a head start on Nintendo and Sony, and done some more rigourous testing pre release. At least they have had the balls, and money i guess, to stand behind the system and offer such a massive warranty to get the publics confidence back. They screwed up, they fixed it.

Early hardware failures aside, its hard to find a fault with it. Its simply so much fun. I've had hours and hours of enjoyment from mine, never regretted my purchase for a second...

Thanks again Mancey for the info as it has helped a lot, so this will give me a bit more confidence and i may buy it cheers.

Just a question guys, I have got the the premium 360 and I was looking at purchasing a LCD HDTV, are the cords provided correct to plug into the new LCD TV?? also in order to get on Live what exactly do I have to do??

cheers in advance

The premium comes standard with composite cables, all you need to do to hook it up to HD, is plug those in and turn the switch on the plug at the console to HDTV.

The new elite actually has HDMI outputs, but seeing as you have a premium thats not applicable.

Getting on live is easy. All you need is an email address. Plug it into your modem, its pretty much plug and play with most models, hit the "Join xbox live" button on the main dashboard screen, and follow the prompts.

You'll probably have a promo free period card that you got with the system. It'll prompt you to input the code on the card, on sign up to validate it.

After that you can either give xbox your credit card details for renewal, or buy top up cards from games retailers..

Easy as. Very much worth it. Lots of goodness to get out of XBL.

Im looking at getting one.

Just wondering for $350 I can get the core system, 1 controll (not wireless) and a consol, that is it.

for $530 I can get the consol, wireless controll, 30 trial xbox live, high definition cables, 20 gig HD, ect

Am i better off spending the extra money, i like the wireless controls

Thoughts

if u can wait do so cos with the ps3 dropping in price microsoft may do price changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get: Bioshock, Halo 3, Skate, Gears of war

Thats 3 great shooters and the best skating game ever made.

For sports: fifa 08 and the rest depends on the sports games you like

Remove this Banner Ad

Back