Yassmin abdel magid

Remove this Banner Ad

We have Yassmin, the US has Linda Sarsour. Everything is bigger in the US but there's really big trouble when even Courtney Love has a problem with you.View attachment 393253

They're similar in their defensiveness over Islamic oppression of women.
Crc_HQiWEAA-DE4.jpg

The greatest irony is that she's ignoring that only 13% of the workforce is female.

Sarsour can go **** herself.

Indeed. I saw a video of a woman executed in the street in broad daylight in view of everyone over there.

Indeed. I saw a video of a woman executed in the street in broad daylight in view of everyone over there.

We've seen too much violence I think, of course what we see of executions and IS videos, and what comes out of Syria is nothing compared to what the people have gone through but it still for á lot of us its felt as trauma that takes a toll. It's not Hollywood, it's real.

That some of the worst atrocities we saw very early on, were committed by Australians has deeply affected people and I've been surprised there hasn't been more dialogue about that. Maybe I'm just oversensitive but sleep was disturbed for a while. That we've basically ignored this aspect I don't think has helped the Muslim community.

Last edited:
Where's Yasmin ?.
Murdoch and his minions told her to shut up. Her role at the ABC stopped. Then she said she was heading to the UK.... I'm sure you're aware of that, but of course the obsequious minions still have to bring her up all the time because they're desperate to justify their obsession. Unhealthy and unhinged.
fu Ratts, FU.
fizynitsen university

7/7/17 James Carden on President Trump’s meeting with Vladimir Putin

James Carden joins the show to talk about his latest article, “A Fateful Encounter: On Today’s Meeting Between Presidents Trump and Putin,” on Donald Trump’s meeting with Vladimir Putin at the G20 Summit. Carden also discusses how Liberal Twitter is off its hinge, how the U.S. is the worst of all foreign election meddlers, why tensions with Iran make it impossible for a lasting agreement between Russia and the United States, why no one understands what’s happening in the Ukraine and the United States’ role in the mess, how all of the pundits screeching about Trump’s connections to Russia were the same pundits who supported the case for WMDs in Iraq, and that regime change in Russia is the ultimate goal for many in Washington.

Carden is a contributing writer at The Nation. He is executive editor for the American Committee for East-West Accord and former adviser on Russia policy at the US State Department.
I haven't been around so don't remember the specific context of this chat and my Blackcat filter is now well off. Am I meant to just read this and let you know if I agree?

Of course America is the world’s largest “foreign election meddlers”. They have by far been the largest superpower been since WWII, with the only battle being with the Russians who took a spell on the bench following their economic collapse and subsequent political collapse. Both of them meddled in elections extensively in the Cold War. The US also gets listed for meddling in other things that a lot of people might think are good causes. e.g. Israeli elections - Clintons supporting Shimon Peres or Ehud Barak to try and keep the hard right from scuppering the peace process.

No doubt Communists or those that have fallen foul of the Monroe Doctrine would pin the US for using unfair means, but undoubtedly a decent amount of their meddling is listed as providing money or training to one side so that they have a better hope of winning using fair, democratic means. Or critics might point at Africa, where aid money would only be provided if there were also moves to make a country more democratic, while reports have said China has made huge in-roads there by instead providing money without such conditions. All countries then can be seen to use their own country's businesses a lot of the time, so anyone could claim it's all about 'corporations'. Carden being on the Republican side of things obviously can't point fingers about that. The Russian meddling was beyond that sort of 'meddling'. They were hacking, (at least) looking at avenues for manipulation, and spreading & promoting blatant misinformation. Those lies supported a compulsive liar who appears to be both hopeless and hopelessly conflicted by his business (and other) relations with Russia. I'm still suss on the result of the election, but people better informed than me, like 538, aren't concerned.

I have no problem saying that I like democratic values. I don't think I'd even have a particular problem if the Russians simply funded the Trump campaign, but they lie and worked very hard to ensure those lies were seen by lots of people (including Trump himself). Of course some people say that the US's declared desires for democratic values are lies and it's all about imperialism or a NWO or something, but I don't believe that. The US is a flawed experiment. They let "freedom" override plenty of useful policies. e.g. Don't give everyone highly-powered weapons on the off chance the Govt they vote in and out, and the legal system designed to protect them, both fail to the point that there's a sudden attempted purge. Incidentally, most people would hope to be saved from such a purge due to intervention from global democratic nations...

Given how in vogue it is to question the system, maaan, you’d think a few more of us who aren’t under 25 might point out that these criticisms of the US aren’t new. The US has long been closely watched and criticsed by the world community. Deservedly so, but they also cop criticism for intervening in Kosovo, which looked like a fairly clean cut case of stopping genocide, and they cop criticism for not intervening a lot of the time too - including from the very same people who claim the USA should keep their noses out of other countries’ business. If the US ever had a free run at things, it stopped from some point in the 60s with the Vietnam War. Their are some very bad and very good journos keeping an eye on US foreign policy. The 2003 Iraq War was an awful policy mistake, but then the reluctance that put in Democrats to do anything like 'regime change' also left Libya in a similar situation to Iraq. Obama has publicly expressed that Libya is his biggest mistake.

As for Carden's claims, for me it fails to emphasise a key point. Russia is weak. It is desperate to not be seen as weak. So it has no problem with everyone knowing it's meddling in the US election. It has no problem with testing the resolve of NATO. It has set up a narrative to blame everything on the US and NATO and any action against it will be framed as the big baddies being big and bad. This tactic is of course very common these days given power asymmetry.

Carden skips over the Russian intervention in the Ukraine. Does he really think we're so short-sighted as to not recall the democratically-elected Russian-friendly President going back on his promise to bring the Ukraine closer to the EU? Instead he signed up to a huge $15B Russian loan. Some reports claim the President yelled at other Govt members that he wouldn't take the country closer to Russia, but then he did based on a misunderstanding on money. Of course, it's hard to believe reports in a region where Russia is involved due to their habit of controlling media and spreading lies. But people who love to bag the US say that large loans from organisations like WTO are one of their tools to get countries 'on the hook'. So such critics must see Russia's gambit the same way, right? Or is he 'a little battler' trying to fight fire with fire? Carden writes that US action led to the civil war without reference to Russian action, or that the Ukrainian people might have something to do with it too. It's pretty much propaganda to do so. I don't see why Russia can't move closer to the EU itself, by embracing democratic values. But the standard counter-argument to that is that they feel threatened by NATO and should be allowed to be aggressive in response. I don't know about that logic. It's 'real politik', of course, but then so are all the things the US does which critics like to punish them relentlessly for (e.g. Saudis).

As for his reference to a Cyber Treaty. Once again we are meant to have the Russians leading the way on Cyber Security? Both the US and the Russians may use cyber espionage, but Russia also has a lot of cyber crime. Remember that the fiendish Stuxnet, strongly assumed to be an Israel-US cyber tool was used to slow Uranium enrichment in Iran. For all the NSA tracking of huge volumes of data, and using of backdoors, what have they actually done with that which could show them to be nefarious? They appear to be using it to do what they say they're doing - fighting terrorism and giving themselves tools to defend against opposing state aggression. Meanwhile WannaCry was seemingly targeted initially at Ukraine. Which Russia has some interest in destabilising. China too has done a lot of IP theft to help it economically. Oh, and the US and China signed a Cyber Treaty in 2015, the same year as the Russia-China Cyber Treaty that Carden claims Obama wouldn't sign to. China had previously pulled out of a working group on cybersecurity with the US when the US "indicted five Chinese military members for hacking". Meanwhile, China and Russia believe in their Govts being able to decide what people can see online. The US does not. Again, it feels like there is US critics ignore that identical and worse criticisms can be made of others.

Basically, Carden's whole point seems moot. If people weren't closely following the Russian-Trump camp connections, why would they suddenly be interested in other Russian-US relationships? Conflict over Syria occurred before Trump's win. There was no Trump connections being widely talked about to 'suck the oxygen away' but people didn't give it much thought. It's a piece of spin. And one which relies on ignoring pretty well-known facts.

tl;dr It's a crap article. What did you think it brought to the table?

Murdoch and his minions told her to shut up. Her role at the ABC stopped. Then she said she was heading to the UK.... I'm sure you're aware of that, but of course the obsequious minions still have to bring her up all the time because they're desperate to justify their obsession. Unhealthy and unhinged.

You should follow her on twitter. She's gone full race bait. As if she was actually holding her tongue when she was here.

I'm having a look now, not a fan but I can't see race baiting. I thought she'd settled down a bit and was focusing more on economics, what are you referring to?

Are you serious?

Just in the last few days, she posts this:

And then proceeds to retweet every answer, most of which is unlikely to be actual racism. She gets plenty of trolls telling her that in a more abusive way, which is probably her aim. That allows her to claim the moral high ground.
I find her thought process quite interesting, she makes no secret of her belief that race matters, and then proceeds to lecture people about racism.

Are you serious?

And then proceeds to retweet every answer, most of which is unlikely to be actual racism. She gets plenty of trolls telling her that in a more abusive way, which is probably her aim. That allows her to claim the moral high ground.
I find her thought process quite interesting, she makes no secret of her belief that race matters, and then proceeds to lecture people about racism.
I don't follow. Yes, she is concerned about racism. At what point did you ever think she wasn't? Yes, a bunch of supposed free speech advocates want her to shut up, and insist on talking about her even when she's heading overseas.

They're like the drunk guy at a venue yelling '****' at a girl as she leaves. When we all know he's angry because she wouldn't talk to him.

I don't follow. Yes, she is concerned about racism. At what point did you ever think she wasn't? Yes, a bunch of supposed free speech advocates want her to shut up, and insist on talking about her even when she's heading overseas.

They're like the drunk guy at a venue yelling '****' at a girl as she leaves. When we all know he's angry because she wouldn't talk to him.
Love it, well said!
I don't get how this has gone to 33 pages nothing to do with Australian Politics either.

Are you serious?

Okay, I missed it but gone back a bit further and can see it now. I'm not of the school that thinks whites can't be victims of racism (if that's your worry) because they can and I think we're at the stage now where whites are being dehumanised and it needs addressing.

That's not to say though that Yassmin isn't right to be concerned about racism.

My family's a big one of multi race and colour and it wouldn't work for us if we didn't believe in true equality and it means exactly that.

I can only speak personally, but I don't want her to shut up, nor do I care what country she is based in. Despite the fact that I think she's a fraudulent racist hypocrite I find her interesting to read. Piers Morgan I find interesting for similar reasons. But I don't think she really cares about racism much, unless it somehow gets her more publicity or enhances her victimhood.

Not really sure what your last metaphor means.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The people who got offended over her Anzac day comments are the biggest pussies ever. It's not like she said "* Anzac day" which is ironically how some of the Anzac's felt about it when they were alive. No one would believe her if she pointed that out, though. Would've been lynched for it.

Thanks for the link. These videos are absolute gold

Wasn't sure whether to post this or not it's so rude and abrasive but that's what's out there and our Yass is now famous or infamous, depends on who you ask.

Some feminist leftist Australian Muslims, quite defensive and prickly in the past are starting to speak out now about what they're up against and expressing disappointment in the regressive elements of leftist think in allying consistently with authoritarian, discriminatory groups like Hizbut tahir. (can provide tweets) It just doesn't make sense. And about time too, the feminist left in particular I know lost a lot of cred post New Years Eve Cologne attacks etc.

Wasn't sure whether to post this or not it's so rude and abrasive but that's what's out there and our Yass is now famous or infamous, depends on who you ask.

Some feminist leftist Australian Muslims, quite defensive and prickly in the past are starting to speak out now about what they're up against and expressing disappointment in the regressive elements of leftist think in allying consistently with authoritarian, discriminatory groups like Hizbut tahir. (can provide tweets) It just doesn't make sense. And about time too, the feminist left in particular I know lost a lot of cred post New Years Eve Cologne attacks etc.
Hahahahaha. You clearly don't know "the feminist left" if you think it "lost a lot of cred post New Years Eve Cologne attacks etc" (and what on earth does "etc" mean - other than yet another indicator that Islamophobes cherry pick and then pretend the whole tree is made of cherries?).

Oh but "can provide tweets". Please do. We all know a couple of accounts on a social media feed that runs rampant with fake accounts, trolls and bots, are definitely indicative of real life.

Hahahahaha. You clearly don't know "the feminist left" if you think it "lost a lot of cred post New Years Eve Cologne attacks etc" (and what on earth does "etc" mean - other than yet another indicator that Islamophobes cherry pick and then pretend the whole tree is made of cherries?).

Oh but "can provide tweets". Please do. We all know a couple of accounts on a social media feed that runs rampant with fake accounts, trolls and bots, are definitely indicative of real life.

I do know the feminist left considering I'm part of it. And you're a guy. So, how much more could you possibly know? A mansplaining bigot might think he does.

If you're going to start throwing labels and smear at me, it's going to come straight back at you.

I dare you to call either of these women fakes, trolls or bots. I can also show you articles supportive of what I've just said. Off you go now, chew on that while I find some of them.

femzleft.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back