Yassmin abdel magid

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand the concept of free speech just fine, thanks Rob. You don't need to read the article. The OP, the first 50 posts and a plethora of social media commentary will be all you need to validate the hypocrisy.

Disagreeing with someone's point of view and expressing an opposing view is perfectly reasonable and acceptable. That's not what happened with Ms Magied. She was attacked ad hominem, threatened, etc. until she felt that she had no option to leave Australia. Now when those things happened with other people who hold somewhat controversial opinions and express them in an inflammatory manner the freedom of speech warriors spring to their defence. They did not defend Ms Magied. So do they care about freedom of speech, or do they care about the rights of the people they agree with? You can't have it both ways.
It seems to be the easiest way to get away with having a controversial (read: commonly uninformed) opinion now. All you have to do is insult or intentionally annoy a large swathe of people and when they become riled up, you quickly shout louder about how you're losing your freedom of speech due to your rivals (the leftists/bigots/whites/SJWs/Islamist sympathisers).

It's becoming an art form for people like Bolt, Yassmin, the violent radio host that wanted to run Yassmin over etc.

I think the OP actually invalidates this entire post mate. You had a massive problem with it without ever challenging the argument, so maybe try again?

What you have a problem with is being called out for it, and that's ok. Next you'll throw some hollow epithets my way...
The hypocrisy from you here is strong. You complain about how poor Yasmin was attacked unfairly as a result of making a point which ;people disagreed with and then you decide to attack me in your reply.

Where in the OP did I say Yasmin has no right to make the comments she did?

Tony Abbott has been attacked in the identical manner to Yassmin Abdel-Magid by Yassmin's allies on the left for making comments they see as stupid (Clementine Ford is an excellent example) yet hasn't seen the need to leave Aus nor has complained that 'Australia has gotten it's hate on.'
Huh? Have you ever heard Tony? A huge slab of his politics is complaining that 'the left', or whatever euphemism he's using currently for his ideological opponents, are 'haters'.

He's also a Monarchist; anglophile; who was born in and studied in England; who used trips overseas as opportunities to speak indirectly about Australian politics when he was out in the cold and wanted to undermine Turnbull. So I think he has "seen the need to leave Aus".

I understand the concept of free speech just fine, thanks Rob. You don't need to read the article. The OP, the first 50 posts and a plethora of social media commentary will be all you need to validate the hypocrisy.

Disagreeing with someone's point of view and expressing an opposing view is perfectly reasonable and acceptable. That's not what happened with Ms Magied. She was attacked ad hominem, threatened, etc. until she felt that she had no option to leave Australia. Now when those things happened with other people who hold somewhat controversial opinions and express them in an inflammatory manner the freedom of speech warriors spring to their defence. They did not defend Ms Magied. So do they care about freedom of speech, or do they care about the rights of the people they agree with? You can't have it both ways.

I didn't read anyone questioning her right to say what she did, nor did I read anyone attempting to use the law to silence her. Exactly what did she need defending from?

She's a fully grown adult that made a choice to firstly maintain a public profile and secondly say things that she knew damn well would be controversial. What did you want these people (i.e the people you talk about above) to say? "There there Yassmin, it'll all be OK"?

The hypocrisy from you here is strong. You complain about how poor Yasmin was attacked unfairly as a result of making a point which ;people disagreed with and then you decide to attack me in your reply.

Where in the OP did I say Yasmin has no right to make the comments she did?
Attack you did I?

Maybe go back and read the first post in the thread. Your post. That was an attack. If the shoe fits mate.

I didn't read anyone questioning her right to say what she did, nor did I read anyone attempting to use the law to silence her. Exactly what did she need defending from?

She's a fully grown adult that made a choice to firstly maintain a public profile and secondly say things that she knew damn well would be controversial. What did you want these people (i.e the people you talk about above) to say? "There there Yassmin, it'll all be OK"?
I expected them to challenge her argument but defend her right to express her views without having her character assassinated. It's possible to do this, yes?

If the ABC doesn't fire her for her anti Anzac comments then they have less balls than sky/Murdoch and need intervention in their management.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...t/news-story/40123cfe7b0d7fb93ed7536aaf9f7824

If this disgrace loathes aust so much and hates getting given refugee status then she can simply **** off back to her birth country Sudan.

This is the hypocrite who was incensed and outraged over Jacqui lambie's comments on Islam and sharia.

It is a disgrace that the ABC gives vile liberal filth like this cow a platform to promote her junk and hateful comments.
Just in case anyone missed it I'll quote it again. Is there anything in this post that addressed Ms Magied's argument in any way, or is it just hyperbole and personal attacks?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just in case anyone missed it I'll quote it again. Is there anything in this post that addressed Ms Magied's argument in any way, or is it just hyperbole and personal attacks?
Sorry but where's the requirement that says I have to address Yassmin Abdel Magid's supposed argument in the OP?

I'm starting to think you don't even understand the word. You are embarrassing yourself
LOL again with the personal attacks.

Definition of hypocrite

a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

Well let's see

Attack you did I?

Maybe go back and read the first post in the thread. Your post. That was an attack. If the shoe fits mate.

I'm starting to think you don't even understand the word. You are embarrassing yourself

LOL so you stated it is not OK for people to use ad hominem attacks to attack others, yet then you respond to me in the same manner. You're a hypocrite

Excellent comments. It shocks me how people think it is somehow taboo or off limits to attack her on the basis of her minority status when she makes comments which offend or upset other people.

Sorry but where's the requirement that says I have to address Yassmin Abdel Magid's supposed argument in the OP?

LOL again with the personal attacks.

Definition of hypocrite

a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

Well let's see

LOL so you stated it is not OK for people to use ad hominem attacks to attack others, yet then you respond to me in the same manner. You're a hypocrite
I thought as much. Stop wasting everyone's time

I thought as much. Stop wasting everyone's time
Yep there you go. Continuing with the attacks rather than discussing the content within a post. Well done you hypocrite.

If you were so concerned about me wasting your time then you simply would not have bothered replying to the post :$

Yep there you go. Continuing with the attacks rather than discussing the content within a post. Well done you hypocrite.

If you were so concerned about me wasting your time then you simply would not have bothered replying to the post :$
Content? There hasn't been any content. No-one here is any clearer about your concerns with what Ms Magied wrote on her Facebook page. Your personal attacks on her do not challenge her views or resemble an argument and you're still yet to mount one.

Questioning your inability to construct an argument is not a personal attack on you, no matter how much you try to convince yourself that it is

I expected them to challenge her argument but defend her right to express her views without having her character assassinated. It's possible to do this, yes?

Who has questioned her right to express those views in the first place? I can't recall reading that (it might have happened, idk).

And if it is no-one, why does she need people to defend her against an argument that no-one's actually made?

Content? There hasn't been any content. No-one here is any clearer about your concerns with what Ms Magied wrote on her Facebook page. Your personal attacks on her do not challenge her views or resemble an argument and you're still yet to mount one.

Questioning your inability to construct an argument is not a personal attack on you, no matter how much you try to convince yourself that it is
Again who said or who determined that I had to mount an argument against her comments or was compelled to in the opening post? I never intended to and thus why I didn't.

Again who said or who determined that I had to mount an argument against her comments or was compelled to in the opening post? I never intended to and thus why I didn't.
So you started a thread to call her names, and you didn't even know why? And you take offense at someone challenging the intellectual rigour of that?

Read through this article and TBH she still doesn't get it. She doesn't understand why her tweet was so far off the mark.

The weirdest thing is she actually doesn't seem to understand just how good she has it in Australia, just another millennial.

As was posted early days in this thread, she was on a committee organising celebrations for the Gallipoli centenary. She absolutely knows why her message was off the mark, she just wasn't expecting the level of response she got when she poked the bear.

I've made the comment earlier in the thread, she's an immature idiot who thought she'd be a smartarse and it's blown up in her face.

Last edited:
So you started a thread to call her names, and you didn't even know why? And you take offense at someone challenging the intellectual rigour of that?
No I knew exactly what her statement was getting at. I chose to treat her with the same contempt and flippant attitude that she chose to show about Anzac day.

So now you admit to playing the man but you complained consistently about people using ad hominem attaxks toward yassmin abdel. Your double standards and hypocrisy is incredible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back