FTA-TV Young Talent Time.

Remove this Banner Ad

I take it this is a remake of the 70s show (I dont watch FTA TV)?

Can't the commercial stations find another crappy cooking show to bore the populace with?

For those with a morbid curiousity as to whether they closed it out with All My Loving....

:eek:

[YOUTUBE]Roz0KAvvXwg[/YOUTUBE]

I take it this is a remake of the 70s show (I dont watch FTA TV)?

Didn't watch it but from what I've read the new series has that stuck up bitch Tina Arena as a judge,along with some Yank bloke.I thought the old series just had the same kids on each week singing.This series seems like a reality show where the little dweebs will get voted off each week.

Didn't watch it but from what I've read the new series has that stuck up bitch Tina Arena as a judge,along with some Yank bloke.I thought the old series just had the same kids on each week singing.This series seems like a reality show where the little dweebs will get voted off each week.

They have a core group of kids (about 10 or 12) who are always on the show and they also have about three or four acts each week who get judged. Don't know what they win or if there is some kind of finals setup.

Last night was pretty ordinary

Now I'm off to find my balls

Apparently just over a million people watched it, which was not too bad as it was up against the tomic/federer match. The show is aimed at kids/ family sunday time and i think it served it's purpose. though it is not mindless reality so it's shelf life is in question

The ratings - well it did well because 9 had nothing and it had a lot of promotion. Give it a few more weeks, it will rate but wont be the top show of the night or anything.

I saw 5 minutes of it........yawn. It might have been good in the 80s but I was bored by it. But people love that sort of thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caught a bit of it tonight. The kids were singing Viva la Vida. Why would kids be singing about dying for?

I saw the ads for this remix,for want for a better word, fair to say they lost a viewer in me. See this is the problem with hyping up show these days. They hype it up to the point that you wish that they would show the show soon. Then they delay its date and finally it is released and for me it like "meh".

One of the better remakes of a show - having Johnny Young heavily involved in the remake helping there.

I think the show lost it's 30+ audience last week though when they decided to scrap All My Lovin.

They have a core group of kids (about 10 or 12) who are always on the show and they also have about three or four acts each week who get judged. Don't know what they win or if there is some kind of finals setup.

Last night was pretty ordinary

Now I'm off to find my balls

There's the core regular cast (most of which have bogan-spelt names), however, each week there's 4 acts, of which judges Tina Arena and Chucky Klapow pick one act to go through to the next round (think it's preliminary rounds, semi finals and final). Not sure what they're looking for as there's no scoring, just a decision on which of the acts go through to the next round. However, viewers vote for entries into the Wild Card round - it's purely an online vote via ytt.com.au.

Each show is a mix of the core cast performing, and the 4 acts.

Being a kids talent show, it isn't as cut throat as shows like Idol and X Factor, and the focus is more on nurturing and supporting the young cast.

While I don't like some of the changes (such as dropping All My Lovin), it's a good show, one of the better remakes, and will hold it's place on Sunday nights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back