80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
I hacked around for a 97 on Saturday. A terrible front 9, was lucky to end up with 12 points. Back 9 was a lot better on the score card but still felt like I was playing terribly. Was just smashing my driver down the middle almost every time which helped. Chipped in for birdie on 12 which was a handy 4 points. Ended up with 21 points back 9.

Went and practiced the Friday beforehand and felt I was really hitting my irons well. Then Saturday was hacking them and hooking everything.

Played Eynesbury a couple of weeks ago for the first time, tough track especially with those bloody creeks popping up out of nowhere, and the wind, was hitting three wood from 150 just to get to the green.

Front 9 was shocking 51, although standing around at the 5th tee for half an hour waiting to tee off because the brain surgeons running the place decided to do a shot gun start for another social group, didn't help my game and patience. Coming to the 17 was sitting on 40 for the back nine, then proceeded to drop one in the water and three put just for fun to finish with a 48, so whilst i wasn't happy with that score overall, my game off the tee was good only missed one fairway, just too many brain fades and concentration lapses hurt me, especially on a course that is a challenge for an average golfer like myself.

I spent 3 hours working on my irons and wedges today. Was flushing them long and straight by the end. Can't wait for the weekend for all the good work to come undone :drunk:

I want whatever your job is.

Golf is looking dicey today. This so called 'rain event' in SE Qld has dumped a whopping 10mm on us over 24hrs. :rolleyes:
They were saying the same thing early in the week about how its going to be a wet weekend in Victoria from the same weather system. Spent hours this week looking for a affordable wet weather jacket.

Wake up this morning and forecast reads "Mostly sunny".

*facepalm*

They were saying the same thing early in the week about how its going to be a wet weekend in Victoria from the same weather system. Spent hours this week looking for a affordable wet weather jacket.

Wake up this morning and forecast reads "Mostly sunny".

*facepalm*
Deliberately chose not to play due to the forecast. Hasn't rained in Sydney once today. FML.
I teed off today at 11:11am in beautiful sunshine. 37 points and left a s**t load out there. I three putted the last 3 holes ffs. So much for the rain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a slight twinge in the right side of my lower back before I played yesterday. I played my round without too much discomfort. Usually it is just a bit of pain from getting older. So I thought. I woke up this morning and I can hardly move. It took me 5 minutes to free the back enough so I could fully stand. It took another few minutes to start walking ffs.
Has anyone got any tips for me to free the back enough to work for four hours tonight? If I don't work then I don't get paid.

I had a slight twinge in the right side of my lower back before I played yesterday. I played my round without too much discomfort. Usually it is just a bit of pain from getting older. So I thought. I woke up this morning and I can hardly move. It took me 5 minutes to free the back enough so I could fully stand. It took another few minutes to start walking ffs.
Has anyone got any tips for me to free the back enough to work for four hours tonight? If I don't work then I don't get paid.

Voltaren

Golf tomorrow at 650am. It is my first round since Saturday last week. That's a long time for someone that plays 3 times a week. The back is mostly healed and it might unheal itself because it is stroke. Eight days is the longest break I have had from golf in a few years! :thumbsu:

Golf tomorrow at 650am. It is my first round since Saturday last week. That's a long time for someone that plays 3 times a week. The back is mostly healed and it might unheal itself because it is stroke. Eight days is the longest break I have had from golf in a few years! :thumbsu:

8 days! Try weeks, well it gets like that in winter time down here

But it ain't a bad thing, I try to go down to the range and work on technique... Find it helps more so than on the course...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back