80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:

I have been woeful since the return but do I have a story!
Mate today had his remote control buggy roll into the drink on 6. It’s about $2k worth plus his range finder, phone so about $5k down!
Everything wet and he says he’s going after 9 fair enough too.
Stripes his drive on 8 absolutely beautiful drive right down the middle but do you think we could find it? No chance.
On 9 he says if I Have a hole in one it’s the only way I’ll stay and * me he hits the best shot you’ve ever seen.looked in and hit the pin. He’s 4 feet away... 3 putts.
Ridiculous.
To his credit he played the round out with a Hired buggy, wet clubs and a broken spirit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am enjoying not raking bunkers (but smoothing footprints et al out as best as can).
I would like to see the rakes go for good. Decrease the size of the bunkers, but make them full of foot holes. I also think a cart path directly up the middle of the fairway would reduce the amount of mud of the fairway and provide a 30m incentive for people to hit it on the drive.

I would like to see the rakes go for good. Decrease the size of the bunkers, but make them full of foot holes. I also think a cart path directly up the middle of the fairway would reduce the amount of mud of the fairway and provide a 30m incentive for people to hit it on the drive.

Not a bad idea.....just trust that members do their best to smooth out foot prints etc. but then again....it is a hazard so u put it there, play it.

disagree with a path up the middle. wait, are you saying put the path there so that there's not as much foot traffic/mud on the fringes or off the fairway?

Played 18 at Joondalup Resort on the weekend in a social comp. Stunning course. Played the dunes and lakes courses. Very tough. The pin placements were just cruel too. Hacked out 108. Not good, but I was actually happy with my driving, putting and short game. My iron/hybird swing has gone missing all together and I shanked quite a few. I was happy with how I stuck at it, and I ended up scoring pretty much on par with everyone else in terms of gross score.

Not a bad idea.....just trust that members do their best to smooth out foot prints etc. but then again....it is a hazard so u put it there, play it.
When I sat on Committee at my golf club the bunkers dwarfed everything else as the biggest source of member complaints ("sand levels are too inconsistent from bunker to bunker", "I get too many plugged lies in faces" etc etc).

And this is with rakes in them all and the ground staff hand raking them all twice a week!

When I sat on Committee at my golf club the bunkers dwarfed everything else as the biggest source of member complaints ("sand levels are too inconsistent from bunker to bunker", "I get too many plugged lies in faces" etc etc).

And this is with rakes in them all and the ground staff hand raking them all twice a week!

luck of the draw i guess.

Have had a couple rounds the last week. Felt it was a smart choice not to jump straight back into it and decided to spend first few days when golf was back at the driving range just practising. Played Ringwood last week hit 92 and Glen Waverley yesterday for 94. Ringwood very very slow round it was last Saturday which was a beautiful day and the course was very busy but nearly 5 hours was just ridiculous.
Glen Waverley was a lot quicker but not fan of no regular size flags in the holes they've got miniature flags and when you're on the fairway you can't exactly tell where the hole location is.
Have booked in to play RACV Cape Schank this sunday. Never played there and am quite excited. Played the Old course National in December so I'm expecting it to be quite similar in a way?

Have booked in to play RACV Cape Schank this sunday. Never played there and am quite excited. Played the Old course National in December so I'm expecting it to be quite similar in a way?
Built at the same time by Robert Trent Jones Jnr. Similar crazy greens in particular that were a trademark of his designs.

National Old is miles harder than Cape Schanck.

In fact outside Brookwater National Old might be the hardest golf course in the country - particularly when the wind gets up.

Quite glad to hear that the Old course is a lot harder :sweatsmile: really struggled that day I played it was probably overwhelmed at how amazing that whole complex was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back