80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Good question scrappy. Not necessarily, although it is a common perception that X playing on hard tracks score better on "easier" ones. I say "easier" with "" because there's no such thing as an easy course. haha. More forgiving perhaps.

I say scoring (all things being equal) comes with familiarity. So if i was to go to glen waverley gc i may struggle - fairways and greens different! etc.
I’ve always struggled on drier courses with tight lies. Winter golf in cold and dry conditions can be a struggle for me. I like fluffy lies.

From the 52 point man
Maybe/probably but I’m of the belief that no male under the age of 50 should Be allowed a handicap greater than 27 (the old limit).
You get a 20 year old who isn’t very good but they can bomb it a mile. He has one of those rare days that hardly any putt misses and he hits straight. That’s where a massive score can happen.

Maybe/probably but I’m of the belief that no male under the age of 50 should Be allowed a handicap greater than 27 (the old limit).
You get a 20 year old who isn’t very good but they can bomb it a mile. He has one of those rare days that hardly any putt misses and he hits straight. That’s where a massive score can happen.

A bloke off 30 in the comp I played in today, had 26 points on the back nine.

So much easier to score with more shots given to you.

A bloke off 30 in the comp I played in today, had 26 points on the back nine.

So much easier to score with more shots given to you.
In theory its easier with more shots but let's not forget, they are off 30 for a reason. Say cant get off the tee for 14 holes, that's 14 shots lost off teh bat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a 2 for 5 once. probably never again
I did that once. Miss hit a s**t drive that ran along the top edge of the fairway on the 16th at City Golf Club to the corner of the dog leg. I then skull-****ed the PW all the way along the ground and it rode the ridge in the center left of the green to the middle and in the hole. Ugliest eagle ever.

I did that once. Miss hit a s**t drive that ran along the top edge of the fairway on the 16th at City Golf Club to the corner of the dog leg. I then skull-f’ed the PW all the way along the ground and it rode the ridge in the center left of the green to the middle and in the hole. Ugliest eagle ever.

I can only remember putting for eagle once (par 5 at Mornington)
walked off with par...

50 points? That’s nothin.

Sorry didn't realise it was behind a paywall... alternative source: https://aussiegolfer.com.au/golfer-scores-incredible-61-stableford-points-at-maroochy-river/
So the guy had a handicap of 30 at the age of 15 (probably just started to play golf),doesn't play at the club for 8 years and cleans up with 61 points.
What's the bet his fellow members had a word to the committee.

So the guy had a handicap of 30 at the age of 15 (probably just started to play golf),doesn't play at the club for 8 years and cleans up with 61 points.
What's the bet his fellow members had a word to the committee.
50 points? That’s nothin.

Sorry didn't realise it was behind a paywall... alternative source: https://aussiegolfer.com.au/golfer-scores-incredible-61-stableford-points-at-maroochy-river/
Surely he has disappeared and had lessons somewhere and/or been playing a shitload of social golf and practicing?

I can only remember putting for eagle once (par 5 at Mornington)
walked off with par...
I’ve had three eagles that I can remember. The one I described above. Another where I hit the opposite fairway on the left and then hit a beautiful drawing six iron around and over trees onto the green and sunk the putt on a par 5. My last one I hit a three wood on a par 5 from nearly 200m up a steep hill and it bounced on the rake and skipped the bunker at the front to about two foot from the hole.
Eagles are a rarity for me as my best drives only go about 240m.

Social 9 holes at Oakleigh last evening. 2 pars, 1 birdie, 5 bogies and a double. Longer irons...didn't really middle them. Chipping poor (fluffed one, fast becoming a problem area for me). Putting was good without much dropping. Far out it was busy...best bit was playing a few extra holes in the almost dark! Company was good. :laughing:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back