80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
We had booked in St. Andrews, flinders, Racv this weekend on a trip. Some people from out of lockdown areas that can’t come in. None of us could stay at the accommodation. Devastated.
i have accom booked this weekend at racv....:(

Get this for cancelled golf trips.

Was booked on 22nd July to go to Europe, was driving through Norway and planned to play some courses among the Fjords. Cancelled.

Booked Queensland instead, plan was to play the Sunshine Coast courses. Cancelled.

Booked accommodation in Rye, was going spend 5 days there and play Moonah Links, Eagle Ridge and St Andrews. Cancelled.

Guess Il be playing at Glen Waverley next week?

Was booked on 22nd July to go to Europe, was driving through Norway and planned to play some courses among the Fjords. Cancelled.

Booked Queensland instead, plan was to play the Sunshine Coast courses. Cancelled.

Booked accommodation in Rye, was going spend 5 days there and play Moonah Links, Eagle Ridge and St Andrews. Cancelled.

Geez I take my complaining back. That is horrible, sorry to hear! I was also supposed to be in Europe July for some time but alas.

Some horror stories...not golf related but my eldest secured a contract to play cricket this year as a pro in England. We spent a fair bit on health requirements/visas etc. for it to get cancelled. Really hard to deal with them atm. If he doesn't go by Sept he will never be able to get the same Visa again. Have to deal with Eng direct unfortunately..phone calls etc. Missus is in a tiz about it.

Bro sorry to hear that. I think someone’s cursed you. And of course they’ve cursed Richmond too

Join me in the cancelled trips lounge mate. Mine was pebble beach, spyglass and lacc.

Take a seat, let’s let it out together.

I was looking in to memberships too, except given I can only get out and golf once a week in winter and maybe twice a week in summer, I prefer to vary my courses and I reckon to get value from the memberships you've got to play a round there a week, if not more in some cases. It'd tie up my golf too much to one course, but I guess that's how people get good on a particular course for competition rounds.
Main reason why someone in your case would join a club is if you want access to the prime Saturday and Sunday morning timeslots (when 99% of people who work during the week want to play). You generally struggle to access these on a pay to play basis.

Main reason why someone in your case would join a club is if you want access to the prime Saturday and Sunday morning timeslots (when 99% of people who work during the week want to play). You generally struggle to access these on a pay to play basis.
Yeh fair point, that works pretty well for me, as I'm happy for afternoon golf, especially in Summer, one of my favourite times is after 6pm during daylight savings when the sun is setting and it's quieter on the courses.

Personally I just love a bit more flexibility in course selection, I probably wouldn't want to play the same course every week, and without doing that I don't think I'd get $$$ value from a membership.

Last edited:
Lang Lang golf course....nice place. Was a bit wet...would be superb when the couch is growing. Or even after a warm sunny week.

19 over..so not much exciting to go about there. Lots of 3 putts...they were slick and kept leaving myself down hill putts.

Hole 9.....What a stunning looking hole that was.

1594198323520.png

Actually all the par 3s were awesome.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waterford valley tomorrow. Originally had 3 of us playing however they called me earlier today telling me a maximum of 2 per group. Keen for a solid hit!

Peninsula Kingswood today. Glorious day wasn’t it. Golf was nice mostly. Confidence high which was popped on the fourth hole par 5. Chance for par after lagging a long putt close. Three pitted. Yes.

Down to two balls from Friday I think. Social play only.

At National we still have comps but two ball groups. Can use practice facilities too.

Lang Lang golf course....nice place. Was a bit wet...would be superb when the couch is growing. Or even after a warm sunny week.

19 over..so not much exciting to go about there. Lots of 3 putts...they were slick and kept leaving myself down hill putts.

Hole 9.....What a stunning looking hole that was.

View attachment 908399

Actually all the par 3s were awesome.
The par 3, 12th, along the road, used to be about 200m. Was damm tough.
Too many balls onto road so they shortened it

The par 3, 12th, along the road, used to be about 200m. Was damm tough.
Too many balls onto road so they shortened it
My boy hit a great 6 iron on it...150 plus up onto the back tier, pin front edge. 40 foot down hill putt, 4 putted! Grabbed his ball and threw it down where it was for a second go...praccy shot and drained it...haha.

Had begun to start moving some things down to my new place last week with the idea i'd be moving in this week or next. So now my clubs are down there but i've made the decision to stick around for a few extra weeks as where I currently live isn't in lockdown and most of my family are nearby so I don't want to give up the privilege of seeing them (especially my grandparents who are in their 90's).

Might make a late night dash down to get them so I can play on Saturday.

Waterford Valley very soggy/muddy day couldn't get into the groove at all. Backing it up at Albert Park tomorrow hopefully a better day out

Makes sense given no guests. You’ll get on when this lockdown finishes yes?
Not sure what’s happening it was a social group comp day we have there every year but this has changed things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back