-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:

havent played in about a month :(

just been too busy. I miss daylight savings, when you can play till 9 o clock in the evening.
Played my first game for a month.

How did I go?

Well, the first drive would have hit the chocolate factory if I hit it half decent. Had a possum chasing me on the 3rd, which put me off and I scored a 10. 4 chipped to get on the green on the 8th(but 1 putted that), then 4 putted on the 9th.

So, nothing has changed then. Good to be back on the course.

fair to say you are happy then...fu** i wish i could hit an iron solidly 230....straight would put my driver on ebay immediately
Was smoking my driver, so using the 2iron was a forced - albeit good - choice.
I finally worked out how to hit my fade again with my driver. Really hard for me to set up so open and swing outside inside.

God hope it stays that way

Was smoking my driver, so using the 2iron was a forced - albeit good - choice.
I finally worked out how to hit my fade again with my driver. Really hard for me to set up so open and swing outside inside.

God hope it stays that way
I used to only hit fades, initially as a kid it was just a slice but it was a natural shot for over 20 years.
After I finished playing cricket and got back seriously playing golf I went for some lessons and I draw everything now, but like you find the fade a hard shot now.
I can do it with irons but the driver does my head in, some days I can but it amazes me that I can fully open up for a fade and hit the bloody thing dead’ straight over to another fairway!And they go dead straight and very long.
But the minute you think ... wonder what would happen if I set up like that down the middle??
Yep you know the rest!

Feel like Im playing much better golf since having a lesson last week at Golfbox Osborne Park. Have fixed my wild snap hook and can trust the driver again. Basically all he did was make one simple fix to my left hand grip and then we worked on making my club path more out to in.

Shot 45 tonight. Good tee shots and some good approaches let down by four disgusting 3 putts. Putting was just horrendous.

For the first time I can see myself possibly breaking 40 over 9 holes one day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some happy pics from our game yesterday. Course was really nice...a bit wet. Greens very nice and true. A bit hard walking wise for me was pretty fatigued at points when I had to play shots when it was my turn after climbing a mountain. Driving exceptional. Irons absolutely putrid. (4 irons off the tee killed my round early)
189511812_1686272524906151_7903952328320823897_n.jpg 189996363_487182675858110_8275727117660593219_n.jpg

Bottom pic is me 3/4 through BS about to hit a 250m bomb dead centre....top one is some short, fat, old random hacker.

Last edited:
I come 2nd yesterday with 38 points. $50 on my trophy a/c. I should’ve won. I missed an 80cm putt on the 2nd with a push and left 3 other putts on the front nine (my inward 9) short and going dead centre into the hole for par on holes 5 and 6 and for birdie on 8. They weren’t long putts either. 39 won it. I would’ve needed 40 points because the winner had 23 on the back. Fruitloops I hit some fat irons on the back nine while I was still warming up. I was 3 over hcp after the first 5 holes on the back to start. Someone peaked at the leaderboard as we were the last group and geez I was nervous for the last 6 holes. I didn’t miss a fairway though but my irons were better than normal but still average at times. Someone posted 39 points in the second last group as 37 was leading it. I don’t look at the leaderboard if I’m going alright for this reason. Should’ve finished 5 under at least in the end. (our friend Lebbo73)

43 at Hartfield this evening in the wet. Driving and putting good. Approaches bad. One day it will all come together....

I know the old cliches about short game being the most important thing to reduce scores, but Im becoming more and more convinced that being able to drive it straight with some distance completely opens up the entire game, and is the biggest impact on scores - second to none.

I know the old cliches about short game being the most important thing to reduce scores, but Im becoming more and more convinced that being able to drive it straight with some distance completely opens up the entire game, and is the biggest impact on scores - second to none.
That's definitely true and has been scientifically proven by Mark Broadie in Every Shot Counts.

The more pertinent question is given limited practice time is which facet could the average player make the biggest improvement on?

It's just not easy to make significant full swing improvements.

43 at Hartfield this evening in the wet. Driving and putting good. Approaches bad. One day it will all come together....

if you cant get off the tee, you cant expect to play or score

if you cant get off the tee, you cant expect to play or score
Im best at putting...then chipping, then short irons, then long irons and then driving if i am honest with myself. Having gone well with driving in my last 2 rounds I can say it is so much more fun when it is Driver is working. It is hard work if you are under pressure from the tee most of the time.

Since daylight saving finished, am back to playing only once a week, my game has fallen apart. From regularly shooting mid 80s and a bad round in the high 80s, the last three have been low 90s

Amazing how quick the rhythm can go

Remove this Banner Ad

Back