Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Just back from two rounds at Cobram barooga
Saturday - 76 - 42 points
Sunday - 77 - 41 points

Each day I missed 3 putts inside 4foot.

Tee to green good
Feel confident that if I can get a full swing with an iron I can knock it on the green from anywhere

The Dunes on Friday- 2man Ambrose- cannot wait

Played 9 first time Albert Park. The back drop is nice but I'm not a massive fan of city courses. It was in good condition but tbh its pretty much just a flat open course with some doglegs, not very interesting or appealing to me.
Did you ever get to The Dunes?

Did you ever get to The Dunes?
Not yet, still have the voucher on my fridge but it won't expire. Haven't gotten down Peninsula way since pre COVID obviously due to restriction and work stuff and was battling injury for months.

With any luck il be there over the summer.

Played in a scramble yesterday and was a massive eye opener in terms of putting.

Given it was a scramble I would get up to the green really positive and set on making birdie. Can see how it changed from a regular round where I’d be happy to lag it up and walk off with par.

And what do you know, putted much better. Sunk 2 15 footer birdies and another 35 foot bomb too.

Played in a scramble yesterday and was a massive eye opener in terms of putting.

Given it was a scramble I would get up to the green really positive and set on making birdie. Can see how it changed from a regular round where I’d be happy to lag it up and walk off with par.

And what do you know, putted much better. Sunk 2 15 footer birdies and another 35 foot bomb too.
What's a scramble?

What's a scramble?
It's a fun, family oriented board game where player try to make words from letters in their pile. Each letter is assigned a number of points, and players are awarded points for words accordingly. :D

Having a hit on the new Sandringham today for the first time. Strong northerly, fast tricked up green complexes will be fun.
I played the front nine yesterday at 7.30am Scrappy. Was definitely firm and fast.

Would be interested in how you found the course.

Just back from two rounds at Cobram barooga
Saturday - 76 - 42 points
Sunday - 77 - 41 points

Each day I missed 3 putts inside 4foot.

Tee to green good
Feel confident that if I can get a full swing with an iron I can knock it on the green from anywhere

The Dunes on Friday- 2man Ambrose- cannot wait
Word of warning.
Do not leave your ball above the hole.
The greens are like lightening downhill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I played the front nine yesterday at 7.30am Scrappy. Was definitely firm and fast.

Would be interested in how you found the course.
Loved it. It was great to hit out of sand belt type bunkers. Much better than the soft, deep fluffy stuff in the poorer quality publics away from that area. I shot 18 over...with 2 triples, a double and a quad haha (with 4 penalty shots...when I missed I payed for it big time). Even the kikuyu fairways were well maintained and a pleasure to hit from. Green complexes were firm and fast as you said....I had 36 putts (a couple of horse shoes and probably the first time I have hit the pin putting and it spat it out...grrr), probably 6 more than on easier tracks...4 3 putts. Used the old texas wedge more than normal. I actually felt I played very well in that wind. I got burned on the first...triple after a perfect 5 iron tee shot then I got the wrong GPS distance into the green (as it was for the old course). Just had to use the sprinkler heads after that.

Hit the pin from 110 out and got a birdie on the 13th and thought I was a good chance for my first ace on the 16th when I got one on right online but pulled up a fraction short...it had just been watered where on other greens getting them to hold was very tricky.

1638772213136.png

Only complaints was it was slow waiting most tee shots (we were a group of 2 though) and on the 17th where my son found a greenside bunker....a collection area and he played his shot and dam nearly could of broken his wrist and club where he ploughed his sand iron into a 6 inch by 2 inch piece of old galvanised pipe sitting just under the sand. It was nearly a kilo in weight. Threw it to a greenskeeper but I need to ring to make a bit of a complaint on that one I think. She said there was old pipe in that area from the renovation.

Last edited:
Loved it. It was great to hit out of sand belt type bunkers. Much better than the soft, deep fluffy stuff in the poorer quality publics away from that area. I shot 18 over...with 2 triples, a double and a quad haha (with 4 penalty shots...when I missed I payed for it big time). Even the kikuyu fairways were well maintained and a pleasure to hit from. Green complexes were firm and fast as you said....I had 36 putts (a couple of horse shoes and probably the first time I have hit the pin putting and it spat it out...grrr), probably 6 more than on easier tracks...4 3 putts. Used the old texas wedge more than normal. I actually felt I played very well in that wind. I got burned on the first...triple after a perfect 5 iron tee shot then I got the wrong GPS distance into the green (as it was for the old course). Just had to use the sprinkler heads after that.

Hit the pin from 110 out and got a birdie on the 13th and thought I was a good chance for my first ace on the 16th when I got one on right online but pulled up a fraction short...it had just been watered where on other greens getting them to hold was very tricky.

View attachment 1292975

Only complaints was it was slow waiting most tee shots (we were a group of 2 though) and on the 17th where my son found a greenside bunker....a collection area and he played his shot and dam nearly could of broken his wrist and club where he ploughed his sand iron into a 6 inch by 2 inch piece of old galvanised pipe sitting just under the sand. It was nearly a kilo in weight. Threw it to a greenskeeper but I need to ring to make a bit of a complaint on that one I think. She said there was old pipe in that area from the renovation.
Glad you liked it mate.

Whilst it's a total disgrace what happened with the development of the course (removing two of the longest holes from a mega popular community facility and part of another so they could build a Golf Australia HQ and practice facility for the elite few) it remains a course that is perfect for the great majority of recreational players:

• Short
  • Strategic with a brilliantly designed set of greens that makes you think the whole way around (a rangefinder is pointless!)
  • Short green to tee walks (ie easy walk - gets players walking rather than inviting bogan cart drivers)

Last edited:
Glad you liked it mate.

Whilst it's a total disgrace what happened with the development of the course (removing two of the longest holes from a mega popular community facility and part of another so they could build a Golf Australia HQ and practice facility for the elite few) it remains a course that is perfect for the great majority of recreational players:

• Short
  • Strategic with a brilliantly designed set of greens that makes you think the whole way around (a rangefinder is pointless!)
  • Short green to tee walks (ie easy walk - get's players walking rather than inviting bogan cart drivers)
It gives a whole group of people the opportunity to experience how tricky those greens and conditions can be, on those top courses in the area without being a member...or knowing someone that can get you on those local sand belt courses, that may never experience it. And to be able to do it by booking online when you choose is great. I think ultimately it is a good thing there is not many lengthy holes as it would get ridiculously slow if people were struggling too much...it would be too taxing on not very good golfers.

You could almost bounce a golf ball back to your hand on the greens they were that hard. You legit could not get driver length tees into the ground, you had to find a hole already there in the turf :laughing:. Plenty a shot was played from over the back from me and my boy (dam irons I got fitted for do not land as soft as my last set and are not ideal for that sort of set up).

Last edited:
I played Palm Meadows Golf course yesterday. Hit 93 off the stick. Par 72 and my handicap would’ve been 15 if I was playing comp. I drove the ball better than I have in quite a while but my irons were s**t.
It was only the last 3 holes that bashed me up a little. Scary course with the amount of water and narrow fairways. I lost two balls on the final hole into the water.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back