Universal Love Zak Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

He won't be offered that.

I wouldn't know. But he's an extraordinarily good midfielder having a breakout season. He's out of contract and a new CBA is about to be released. If clubs are offering Josh Kelly $1 million a year the $800k for Jones is not inconceivable. We really do need to offload Tippett to get the space to defend Reid and Jones.

What a load of s**t! I haven't had a crap today, does that mean I'm constipated?
Does it mean you are going to have a s**t today?

Or does it mean you might continue to not have a s**t today?

What does it all mean?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Well given it's now the topic can I tell a story about the s**t I had to do today?

I think it's a terrible thing when you sit down in a public dunny in Pearcedale to have a s**t, have the s**t, then find the automatic toilet paper dispenser is not dispensing toilet paper.

So you sit and wonder what to do. You can't just take your pants off and use your jocks because there's water and piss all over the floor.

But the dunny has a time limit and the voiceover is telling you you only have a minute and the door, which is facing a busy road, will open in one minute.

So you end up having to wipe your backside with a $25 voucher from the Mordialloc Hotel.

So I did a s**t today that cost me $25. How was everyone else's day?

Well given it's now the topic can I tell a story about the s**t I had to do today?

I think it's a terrible thing when you sit down in a public dunny in Pearcedale to have a s**t, have the s**t, then find the automatic toilet paper dispenser is not dispensing toilet paper.

So you sit and wonder what to do. You can't just take your pants off and use your jocks because there's water and piss all over the floor.

But the dunny has a time limit and the voiceover is telling you you only have a minute and the door, which is facing a busy road, will open in one minute.

So you end up having to wipe your backside with a $25 voucher from the Mordialloc Hotel.

Bummer:straining:

He hasn't signed a contract to stay in Sydney.

That indicates to me , that he's not staying in Sydney.
Doesn't him not signing a contract yet, just means he hasn't signed a contract yet?

I haven't eaten dinner yet tonight. So by your logic, I am not going to eat dinner tonight because I haven't yet eaten dinner tonight.

Question, how will I ever eat dinner by applying your logic?

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

You should have just used your $10 note its washable and cheaper

Jeebus the numbers toted for a back pocket player that has run a few games through the midfield and just torn Brisbane apart in 1 game on his home deck are slightly, just a tad, perhaps a smidgen on the high side.

Martin is the best mid/player in the game at the moment (yeh Fyfe Danger etc), in my pointless opinion, and at a whopping 25 years of age is not worth that. Zac is 22 admittedly so has time on his side but people could not possibly compare the 2 players at the moment without having a giggle.

Martin would be roughly worth 1.6 million a season on that assessment.

Personally I love the little mongrel and think he will be a terrific player. A grade at worst.

I will just chill a bit until he starts to rip GWS etc apart on a regular basis, or shows the consistency and brilliance of a son of god or Fyfe etc before I am going to pay him the HUUUUUGE dollars

I mean it was only a few games ago the board wanted to kill the prick for giving away a 50 that lost us a game ro something

We are a tad fickle and like our shiny things a wee bit too much on occaisions

Jeebus the numbers toted for a back pocket player that has run a few games through the midfield and just torn Brisbane apart in 1 game on his home deck are slightly, just a tad, perhaps a smidgen on the high side.

Martin is the best mid/player in the game at the moment (yeh Fyfe Danger etc), in my pointless opinion, and at a whopping 25 years of age is not worth that. Zac is 22 admittedly so has time on his side but people could not possibly compare the 2 players at the moment without having a giggle.

Martin would be roughly worth 1.6 million a season on that assessment.

Personally I love the little mongrel and think he will be a terrific player. A grade at worst.

I will just chill a bit until he starts to rip GWS etc apart on a regular basis, or shows the consistency and brilliance of a son of god or Fyfe etc before I am going to pay him the HUUUUUGE dollars

I mean it was only a few games ago the board wanted to kill the prick for giving away a 50 that lost us a game ro something

We are a tad fickle and like our shiny things a wee bit too much on occaisions

Jones had a game arguably as impressive as the Brisbane one last year in the preliminary final against Geelong on the MCG. But i see your point about some folks being fickle. However, I've always been consistent in saying Jones should be our top priority in resigning, ahead of others like Reid, or bringing in anyone big.

The thing with Jones is that you can just see that he is going to be a quality player for 10 years and will play 200-250 games

I would happily give up #13-#17 for him on $500k

( i have him in my supercoach from the start so i rated him last year as well )

p.s you guys wouldnt be interested in a slightly used but "potential superstar ben Lennon would you )

Rule no 1, always check for dunny paper first

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's s**t mate..............

:cool:

Jeebus the numbers toted for a back pocket player

If you think Jones is going to be a back pocket player, you are watching a different player. Rookies in teams start in different positions, Jones has started in defense. Any team that would recruit him would be as a midfielder.

Is Mills pegged as a defender for his whole career because he started there?

If you think Jones is going to be a back pocket player, you are watching a different player. Rookies in teams start in different positions, Jones has started in defense. Any team that would recruit him would be as a midfielder.

Is Mills pegged as a defender for his whole career because he started there?

Nope not at all. Just making a hyperbolic point. I thought we all were.

Issue is when do you start to pay for the potential and how much. The number tossed around preceding that post where for the top bracket of midfielders in the game. Good percentage of the board is not real happy about the Reid deal which is vaguely similar. Great kid, all the attribute, pay him huge dollars over a long term to lock him up.

Jones so far has predominately played back pocket and just beat up Brisbane. That's the facts. I have also said for years I think he will be a gun mid.

I am merely making the reasonable point that paying him the same salary as Dusty Martin for next year could be a tad over the odds.

Hey - I hope he rips everyone apart from here on in. Just think before we give him $800k a year we might want to see a bit of consistency and perhaps see him do that against the top teams.

Do I think he can - perhaps. But let's just see for a few more games.

Issue is when do you start to pay for the potential and how much. The number tossed around preceding that post where for the top bracket of midfielders in the game. Good percentage of the board is not real happy about the Reid deal which is vaguely similar. Great kid, all the attribute, pay him huge dollars over a long term to lock him up.

Jones so far has predominately played back pocket and just beat up Brisbane. That's the facts. I have also said for years I think he will be a gun mid.

I am merely making the reasonable point that paying him the same salary as Dusty Martin for next year could be a tad over the odds.

Hey - I hope he rips everyone apart from here on in. Just think before we give him $800k a year we might want to see a bit of consistency and perhaps see him do that against the top teams.

We're getting a bit beyond what has been proposed. $800k only came into it when I said "The worry is when a Victorian club offers Jones $800k per year." That, we wouldn't be able to match I wouldn't have thought. $500-$600k I have no doubt we would cover.

Doesn't him not signing a contract yet, just means he hasn't signed a contract yet?

I haven't eaten dinner yet tonight. So by your logic, I am not going to eat dinner tonight because I haven't yet eaten dinner tonight.

Question, how will I ever eat dinner by applying your logic?

On Nexus 6P using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you don't eat, you can't s**t!

I agree 100%.
We all tend to get excited as supporters about one outstanding game we remember from a player. Jones on 500K for the next 3 years is all he is worth at the Swans based on what he has delivered thus far & on his potential. You don't pay big dollars for potential.
If Jones is worth 600-700K, then the known quantity in Dusty Martin is worth every bit of $1.2M per season at our club based on what the guy delivers day in day out for example.
The trait most admired in Dusty is that he can play with a niggle to a high standard. Take Ablett for instance. A little niggle & he turns to water! He doesn't want to know about it.

Well it was an automated system so I couldn't see, but yes, in future I shall organise to have it in hand before commencing my ablutions.
Never had the (dis)pleasure of using an automated dunny, does it know when you've finished and dispense the required amount of arse wipes or something? How to make the simple unsimple.

We're getting a bit beyond what has been proposed. $800k only came into it when I said "The worry is when a Victorian club offers Jones $800k per year." That, we wouldn't be able to match I wouldn't have thought. $500-$600k I have no doubt we would cover.

Its all good.

I got where it all came from and my post was sarcastic for sure.

This game, and of the course the media, seems to promote chasing of shiny things.

Sometimes you got to shake your head a bit and have a giggle.

I really want Zac to be a $800k a year player and be worth it. That would be awesome for all concerned.

Its all good.

I got where it all came from and my post was sarcastic for sure.

This game, and of the course the media, seems to promote chasing of shiny things.

Sometimes you got to shake your head a bit and have a giggle.

I really want Zac to be a $800k a year player and be worth it. That would be awesome for all concerned.

Oh mate, I agree. I've been talking about shiny new toys in other threads. But I'm not sure that applies to Jones. He might be early in his career but he's already demonstrated the attributes that takes a good player to a top line player. Work ethic, courage, aggression etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back