Zephi Retires

Remove this Banner Ad

S
Yeah I guess you are right, nothing to be confused about at all, I guess it comes down to how mentally weak the kid is then, great for the club as well, delisting a bloke, second day of pre-season, could have given Panos another year and given him a run in the ones to help out the pathetic forward setup you blokes have.

As for that Mutt bloke, don't worry mate last time I'll come on here and I wont be renewing my membership with the dogs for this year, wish the club all the success.

Seeing as you are not renewing your membership due to an anonymous bigfooty sledge I would have to question your maturity. You also come across as somewhat condescending in your writing style which tends to upset people. Not the first time either if memory serves me correctly.

Do we really need to give the big send off to posters from other teams that come on here and make genuine comments mutt??? Really annoys me when I go onto another teams board for a genuine discussion and the token "go back to your own board buddy" line comes out.

Do we really need to put up with patronising trolls? I don't think that the guys' comments were genuine - if they were genuine, then he is bloody stupid: second list lodgement is tomorrow.

ps. Don't be so bloody precious - I hardly gave him "the big send off" you claim. Harden up Fronk.

Do we really need to put up with patronising trolls? I don't think that the guys' comments were genuine - if they were genuine, then he is bloody stupid: second list lodgement is tomorrow.

ps. Don't be so bloody precious - I hardly gave him "the big send off" you claim. Harden up Fronk.
Ha. Thanks mutt. Hear that from my wife all the time...........:)

It's not easy for anyone not from an indigenous background to grasp the difficulty young men from remote communities face when they come to the big smoke to play in the AFL. 'Home' for them is more than a house or a neighbourhood or even a community, it is an indescribably complex combination of all of those things and much, much more. Zephi is a fine young man who is already revered in Noonkanbah and beyond. He will, no doubt, return home to a hero's welcome and will have the opportunity to be a positive influence for everyone he knows. For our part, we have to be careful not to judge him as we would some non-indigenous kid from the suburbs.

PS My Nanna used to say that 'civility costs nothing'. She also used to say that 'the ruder you are the nicer I get'. There are a few here who could take a leaf or two out of my Nanna's book, especially when dealing with guests.

Do we really need to give the big send off to posters from other teams that come on here and make genuine comments mutt??? Really annoys me when I go onto another teams board for a genuine discussion and the token "go back to your own board buddy" line comes out.

Absolutely agree.

Thought the Dons fan's post was considered and reasonable and didn't deserve the stupid negative response that it got here.

From time to time, I ask questions on other team boards, and expect a better response than the poor bastard got here.

When I watched that video they posted the other day about their first training session there's was footage of thje guys blowing hard after a run and the camera focused on him. He looked absolutely exhausted. I actually laughed when I saw it. Thought jeez they're gonna kill that guy.

Best luck to him. I think it was an experiment that didn't work out. Was it the right thing to do? well considering our list is at rock bottom, I guess wasting draft picks the last two years isn't great. But the experiment could have worked out? I mean we experimented with Mulligan for five years so if we really want to talk about waste

Good luck to Zephy

Sometimes he was exciting to watch and sometimes he made me cringe, but he was a character none the less.

As for cutting the other fringe players who have failed to make an inpact, good I say. It shows that we're going through a real change at the moment letting go of dead wood.

We were critical of the club when it held on to such players who gave very little, and now some are critical because we let them go.

I dont believe for one second that McCartney will advocate the mass delisting of our senior/older players ending up like Melbourne and this is crucial in building for the future.

waste of a supporter
Yet no comment on my actual point.

Sure, I was being flippant, but we've had 3 young players leave the club in 2 years for no reason to do with football. Not traded, not delisted, simply up stumps and leave. I think that's worth comment.

Whether they could play or not is another story. I though Zeph made a good case at the end of last season. Maybe he (and DJ) got a tap on the shoulder, who knows. Like I said, good luck him.

Apparently unless you gush over everything the club does, you're a hater. Woowee.

Don't think the club wanted this. I wonder if we'll see a rookie upgrade or will we take another pick in the PSD/pick 88? Two picks in the PSD seems a bit much for me, maybe Prismal as a de-listed free agent(Not that I really want him) and then a PSD pick?

Glad Skinner was at the club, an interesting experiment. Seemed like it might have come off one day. We'll never know.

Wish Skinner all the best for the future, he showed some glimpses, but just not cut out for the big league.

As for the appalling comments on fb, the western bulldogs admin there needs to delete comments made/report users. Absolute disgrace.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet no comment on my actual point.

Sure, I was being flippant, but we've had 3 young players leave the club in 2 years for no reason to do with football. Not traded, not delisted, simply up stumps and leave. I think that's worth comment.

Whether they could play or not is another story. I though Zeph made a good case at the end of last season. Maybe he (and DJ) got a tap on the shoulder, who knows. Like I said, good luck him.

Apparently unless you gush over everything the club does, you're a hater. Woowee.

Don't forget sacking players who are still under contract.(Aker and Sherman) Both correct decision mind you but still it's a bit worrying that we have to make those decisions.

I buy Macca's rebuild from ground up strategy, I'm looking forward to it progressing as the years go on but I agree with Ridley. Let's not simply smile like we've been drugged and salute the air when the club makes a decision.

Are you an AFL time waster?
Come to the Western Bulldogs!
We'll invest time and effort into your career that will be over before it even starts.

Not a knock on Zeph as such, good luck to him.
But with him, DJ and Schofield, we've put a bunch of games into guys who have left for sweet FA.
Total of 36 games between them, which is basically a season and a half of senoir development that could have gone elsewhere.

I mean, it's one thing to be rebuilding, it's another to be pissing time out the window. Then we just cut blokes like Panos and Tiller for the sake of it. Stupid.

What a crazy post. So what you are sayings that we are the only club that drafts players, gives them some game and development time and then desists them?

You could go on forever naming blokes that were drafted to any club in the league that have had essentially the same outcome.

The more I think about your statement the more I think you have very little perspective of AFL in general.

Yeah I guess you are right, nothing to be confused about at all, I guess it comes down to how mentally weak the kid is then, great for the club as well, delisting a bloke, second day of pre-season, could have given Panos another year and given him a run in the ones to help out the pathetic forward setup you blokes have.

As for that Mutt bloke, don't worry mate last time I'll come on here and I wont be renewing my membership with the dogs for this year, wish the club all the success.
Blimey, Mutt, now look what you've done :eek: .

The indigenous players are strongly attached to home and family, more so than any other groups. Zephi would have keenly felt the great distance he was apart from them. He already went home to visit many times during his stay with us. No matter how much support the club gave him, nothing could really replace the daily company of family members. That's just how he would have felt. I wish him all the best.

Oh Mutt, costing us imaginary members. All from one sentence... talent!

When I watched that video they posted the other day about their first training session there's was footage of thje guys blowing hard after a run and the camera focused on him. He looked absolutely exhausted. I actually laughed when I saw it. Thought jeez they're gonna kill that guy.

Ha ha I noticed that too - he looked in a world of pain.

Personally I hope we use the spot to upgrade Jong. Would love to see him play a heap of games this season. He's got the size, work rate, endurance to play at senior level already.

I'm really disappointed that Zeph has gone, to me he just needed that confidence built up and it would all switch on. It's obvious the club wanted him to stay, who knows what he could've been if he had stuck around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back