Zones

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
On the weekend we were unable to find a way through the Brisbane zone from kick ins.

We kicked the ball short to the pocket about 17 out of 18 times.

My question is should we have put better users of the football in pockets other than Watt?

I think Watt must have received about 7 to 10 kick ins.

I'm still don't see the value with this 18 man zone when the opposition kicks in either. We gave up another very easy goal on the weekend because of it.

On the weekend we were unable to find a way through the Brisbane zone from kick ins.

We kicked the ball short to the pocket about 17 out of 18 times.

My question is should we have put better users of the football in pockets other than Watt?

I think Watt must have received about 7 to 10 kick ins.

I'm still don't see the value with this 18 man zone when the opposition kicks in either. We gave up another very easy goal on the weekend because of it.

I hope this isn't taken as bagging Watt, but I've noticed a couple of times this year that teams will man up other players and leave Watt in some space. I take this as other teams trying to exploit Watt's lesser decision making and disposal queries.

On the weekend some team just got their biggest kick to boot it over the defensive zone. Someone of Urq or Pratts nature could probably do this. Bang it long down the middle and look for Hale / Petrie / Edwards when he returns. Risky, fast, aggressive and positive footy.

On the weekend some team just got their biggest kick to boot it over the defensive zone. Someone of Urq or Pratts nature could probably do this. Bang it long down the middle and look for Hale / Petrie / Edwards when he returns. Risky, fast, aggressive and positive footy.

i would just prefer that if we don't have a long option that the short kick to the pocket goes to a smarter and better user of the footy, like an Urquhart.

I'm still not convinced by Pratt kicking in either

Remove this Banner Ad

Back