zzzzzzzzzzz

Remove this Banner Ad

What an idiotic cry baby thread.

If anyone scores over 200 against Australia it must be the best batting pitch in history.

Nothing to do with Australias inept 3rd rate bowling attack at all.

Pace bowlers that cant swing the ball and spin bowlers that cant turn the ball, combined with a captain that puts all his fielders on the boundary once a partnership reaches 20, makes for some big scores.

This is India, what do u want an english seemer covered in grass?

'We're seeing the end of an era here, it's plain to see.

What an idiotic cry baby thread.

If anyone scores over 200 against Australia it must be the best batting pitch in history.

Nothing to do with Australias inept 3rd rate bowling attack at all.

Pace bowlers that cant swing the ball and spin bowlers that cant turn the ball, combined with a captain that puts all his fielders on the boundary once a partnership reaches 20, makes for some big scores.

This is India, what do u want an english seemer covered in grass?

'We're seeing the end of an era here, it's plain to see.

You do realise Warne, McGrath and Langer retired at the start of 2007.

The era ended long ago.

The pitch is a road, im not changing my original opinion.

Everyone knows runs on the board makes it very hard batting second. Scoreboard pressure is immense when you go out to bat 2nd.

Have a look at the amount of people in the ground, this is a cricket mad country in India with the highlight of the home and away test fixture in India V Australia and the crowd is half full and India is on top.

Test cricket is in dire straights. These lifeless wickets will not help proceedings or the future of test cricket.

Im not asking for a green top, im asking for a wicket that will allow the team bowling first to get some assistance rather then having the game decided by a toss of the coin.

Our bowlers are simply overated, batters are expected to do stuff and when they don't they look bad, australias team is a very individualy inconsistent team but a consistent team, never ever do more than three australians have a good test at a time but whoever those three individuals are they do well enough that they win and the failures by the other 8 are forgotten

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realise Warne, McGrath and Langer retired at the start of 2007.

The era ended long ago.

The pitch is a road, im not changing my original opinion.

Everyone knows runs on the board makes it very hard batting second. Scoreboard pressure is immense when you go out to bat 2nd.

Have a look at the amount of people in the ground, this is a cricket mad country in India with the highlight of the home and away test fixture in India V Australia and the crowd is half full and India is on top.

Test cricket is in dire straights. These lifeless wickets will not help proceedings or the future of test cricket.

Im not asking for a green top, im asking for a wicket that will allow the team bowling first to get some assistance rather then having the game decided by a toss of the coin.

Thats not the case at all. You need swing and spin to win on the sub-continent its always been that way.

If Australia won the toss they might have got a decent score but who's gonna bowl India out on the last 2 days? White? there isnt a pitch anywhere that he can take wickets on.

Saying its boring because your losing is just having a sook and if you think watching Tendulkar and Ganguly etc bat is boring you need to find another sport to watch.

It is common knowledge that batting first is 95% of the time a clear advantage.

Runs on the board is always better then chasing a target.

The toss of the coin was always going to be the biggest moment of day 1. Lose it on a road and you nearly lose all chance of winning the match.

Look at us in the first test. Got 400 odd and then had India 140 for 6 or whatever it was.

Who knows we could come out tomorrow and Watson and Hussey could put on a 300 run stand and then you lot will come back and say what a road it is.

But i do know that these roads make for boring cricket, in which the toss plays so much of a part that it is astonishing.

Thats not the case at all. You need swing and spin to win on the sub-continent its always been that way.

If Australia won the toss they might have got a decent score but who's gonna bowl India out on the last 2 days? White? there isnt a pitch anywhere that he can take wickets on.

Saying its boring because your losing is just having a sook and if you think watching Tendulkar and Ganguly etc bat is boring you need to find another sport to watch.

Not the case at all, i love watching us have to fight in a test match.

We saw the same thing in the first innings of the first test. We got a good score and then had India 140 for 6 on a good wicket. It is the advantage of batting first and getting runs on the board.

The team bowling first however is up s**t creek.

Your kidding yourself if you think that wicket makes for good cricket.

Welcome my friends to Test Cricket in INDIA.

Different conditions to those in Australia huh? Well, get used to it, that's what TEST Cricket is all about. It's not about run rates, belting sixes on tin pot grounds with shortened boundaries and limited field placements .... this is REAL cricket.

You don't have to like it, but at least try to understand it.

The idea has always been to have juice in the wicket or at least some grass so the team bowling first offsets the disadvantage of losing the toss.
Mate, you're never going to get a pitch in India with a tinge of green or anything like that which will help bowlers who win the toss first. They will always be flat and provide lots and lots of spin.

Sean mate. Listen. Im not saying that. But the pitch is a road.

Whoever bats first gets a massive advantage. Scoreboard pressure its called. Going out to bat when its 0/0 is different then going out to bat at 0/0 with a 469 run deficent.

If you enjoy having cricket matchs where such an emphasis is place on the toss well then good for you.

Just look at us in the first test, Indias attack was toothless in the first innings. We come out and the pitch is a minefield.

Such an advantage is gained from the toss that it does take away from the contest.

I can link many scorecards to illustrate my point.

Batting first is a massive advantage on a road. So much so that one team is almost taken out of the game before the first ball is bowled.

I haven't seen the Aussie innings but the pitch couldn't have changed so much in the 15 minutes it took between change of innings?. The Aussies have gotten to bat on exactly the same pitch as India. The Indians came out and obviously bowled really well, so credit to the Indians.

Welcome my friends to Test Cricket in INDIA.

Different conditions to those in Australia huh? Well, get used to it, that's what TEST Cricket is all about. It's not about run rates, belting sixes on tin pot grounds with shortened boundaries and limited field placements .... this is REAL cricket.

You don't have to like it, but at least try to understand it.

I understand it alright.

Have a look at the crowd. Cricket mad India doesnt even show up when India are on top against the champs Australia.

20/20 is where the public care.

I love test cricket, but i hate these wickets. I hate having wickets where the toss is the most important event on the first day.

The Adelaide test match is always a borefest for the exact same reason.

I haven't seen the Aussie innings but the pitch couldn't have changed so much in the 15 minutes it took between change of innings?. The Aussies have gotten to bat on exactly the same pitch as India. The Indians came out and obviously bowled really well, so credit to the Indians.

Of course, Credit to the Indians.

But the role was reversed in the first test.

We got first use of the road and made good use of it and then with scoreboad pressure India felt the pinch.

If you enjoy having cricket matchs influenced heavily by a coin toss then fine.

regarding the crowds during this match, maybe it'd help if people knew that in the punjab regions of india, cricket isn't actually as obsessively followed as it is in other parts of the country. and according to the ABC commentators, transport to and from the ground is hard to organise. there are a couple of reasons that might explain it.
the pitch in bangalore didn't help bowlers much either but you saw heaps of people still turned out at the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back