U19 U/19 South(2) 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Ajax comfortably over MHSOBA. 12 goals I think.
MHSOBA with 14 players till half time, finished with 16, thanks to some late recruits.
Ajax rested a couple of their players, including fayman which helped substantially.
pretty boring game to be honest, boring and muddy.

bentleigh finished off an ok season with a massive win over parkdale... parky had obviously shut up shop from the beginning, so to keep things interesting bentleigh resorted to tackling their own players :p

cheeky.

whats everyones thoughts on this games semi finals?

Monash Vs. Ajax... I think Monash will win this by a good 20+ points. i think the bigger ground will favor Monash.

Hampton Vs. De la. - well what a good game this should be, ill call a hampton win by 15 points. hampton bringing in some good form into finals.

monash vs ajax - i'm not saying ajax can't win, but they won't. monash will come out all guns blazing, be up by 5 goals at quarter time (although they have sometimes been slow starters this will change), then kick back into 2nd gear and bring it home easily - 50 points

de la vs hampton - hampton to get the ball rolling and start very well before de la gets its act together to romp home like weekend hussler in the newmarket handicap and win by less than 20.

Monash vs Ajax- our first glimpse at the grand final. Monash will win but Ajax will take a lot out of this game. Will have to learn very quickly if they want to challenge Monash in the granny.

Hampton vs De la- will be a good game in the first half, but second half will see the Rovers absoloutly dish out a football lesson as they book themselves into a Prelim against Ajax.

Good luck to all those involved- 4 really good sides all deserving of a place in the finals. To all those players that write on here that are participating in the games this weekend- GOOD LUCK!

I will try and attend the Monash vs Ajax match so standy by for a post match report. I can tell you it will start off with, Monash one step closer.....

de la vs hampton - hampton to get the ball rolling and start very well before de la gets its act together to romp home like weekend hussler in the newmarket handicap and win by less than 20.[/quote]

gee there mr serious....I thought there was no funny business on this forum! pull your finger out of your bum

de la vs hampton - hampton to get the ball rolling and start very well before de la gets its act together to romp home like weekend hussler in the newmarket handicap and win by less than 20.

gee there mr serious....I thought there was no funny business on this forum! pull your finger out of your bum[/quote]

you are an absolute tosser - firstly, what's funny about my statement? weekend hussler charged home to a great victory? i dont see the humour there. secondly, wats not funny is the 12 yr old girl sarcasm. ill make up an example. lets say monash beats parky by 50 goals (not too far off the truth) u **** would write this - 'like it was the funnest game, we delibrately lost to monash ; -lol. they wouldn't give us a turn haha' - that is jsut ***** irritating you degenerate. u blokes are shit and i will refer back to the day the de la player cleaned up a parky player from behind after he marked it and not one parky player even said anything to him let alone remonstrate.

btw, hampton vs de la will be match of the year. clearly davidson is a very good player as he got in the bests twice in the seniors out of 4 games and kicked 37 goals in 6 weeks!!!! but de la should not go out there with a game plan to stop davidson, because if tehy focus too much on him they won't win, they need to try set the standard rather than reply to hampton. he played ajax both times for a combined 3 goals and kicked 27/37 against parky, pens and mhsob. de la also need to stop hampton getting the jump - last time hampton kicked 0.8 in the first to de la's 3.2. but they kicked the first 5 or 6 points within the first 5 mins before de la had realised wat was happening. if those had been goals the 53 point win to de la might have been different.

see you there

btw, hampton vs de la will be match of the year. clearly davidson is a very good player as he got in the bests twice in the seniors out of 4 games and kicked 37 goals in 6 weeks!!!! but de la should not go out there with a game plan to stop davidson, because if tehy focus too much on him they won't win, they need to try set the standard rather than reply to hampton. he played ajax both times for a combined 3 goals and kicked 27/37 against parky, pens and mhsob. de la also need to stop hampton getting the jump - last time hampton kicked 0.8 in the first to de la's 3.2. but they kicked the first 5 or 6 points within the first 5 mins before de la had realised wat was happening. if those had been goals the 53 point win to de la might have been different.

see you there[/quote]
Couple of points need to be recognised though. Davidson's first game against Ajax was his first for the club and first game for a couple of years at this level, obviously it takes a while to adjust to new players and adapt to a shitter standard of football. His 2nd game against ajax was his 2nd game of u/19's for Hampton and he should of kicked at least 5 if not for wayward kicking. Basically, it's one of those things where it doesn't matter who he's playing against because, at this level of footy, no-one will be able to stop him. His performances are determined by the delivery of the midfield, which over the last 6-8 weeks has been first rate. If De La are to win it will be because they have won the midfield battle and have applied pressure through the middle for a large portion of the game.

I wouldn't look back to a game over two months ago for an accurate form guide. I know our side has changed dramatically over that time, through both personnel and performance, and I would suggest De La's has aswell to a fair extent. Tommorrow will be completely different.

Couple of points need to be recognised though. Davidson's first game against Ajax was his first for the club and first game for a couple of years at this level, obviously it takes a while to adjust to new players and adapt to a shitter standard of football. His 2nd game against ajax was his 2nd game of u/19's for Hampton and he should of kicked at least 5 if not for wayward kicking. Basically, it's one of those things where it doesn't matter who he's playing against because, at this level of footy, no-one will be able to stop him. His performances are determined by the delivery of the midfield, which over the last 6-8 weeks has been first rate. If De La are to win it will be because they have won the midfield battle and have applied pressure through the middle for a large portion of the game.

I wouldn't look back to a game over two months ago for an accurate form guide. I know our side has changed dramatically over that time, through both personnel and performance, and I would suggest De La's has aswell to a fair extent. Tommorrow will be completely different.

surely hes not superman? there are some decent backmen in this comp

gee there mr serious....I thought there was no funny business on this forum! pull your finger out of your bum

you are an absolute tosser - firstly, what's funny about my statement? weekend hussler charged home to a great victory? i dont see the humour there. secondly, wats not funny is the 12 yr old girl sarcasm. ill make up an example. lets say monash beats parky by 50 goals (not too far off the truth) u **** would write this - 'like it was the funnest game, we delibrately lost to monash ; -lol. they wouldn't give us a turn haha' - that is jsut ***** irritating you degenerate. u blokes are shit and i will refer back to the day the de la player cleaned up a parky player from behind after he marked it and not one parky player even said anything to him let alone remonstrate.

see you there

Can i introduce you to spell check, grammar and formatting.
Reading that made my eyes bleed.

surely hes not superman? there are some decent backmen in this comp
What the? It's vafa u/19 south division 2, I don't think you have to be superman to be unstoppable.
I'm not saying he's a superman-like player and I'm saying there aren't any reasonable defenders in the comp. It's just that the attributes he relies upon to score heavily, his speed and leap, will not be matched in this comp and isn't matched by many footballers in general. I also said how he will be stopped, if he is going to be, but that will not be because he has had a bad game- you don't just lose your speed or leap for a single game, and as a result, have a bad one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So much for Hampton being contenders. They were well and truly beaten by a more skilled De La.

So much for Hampton being contenders. They were well and truly beaten by a more skilled De La.

Its called football karma.

The football Gods know the deal.

While Davidson can leap and run he sure as **** cant kick. Especially when the pressure is on and your team needs you.

^^^^I wish someone will shut this idiot up

My overview of the game...

OMG what a game of footy was the Monash v Ajax game.

Ajax were 22pts up into the last quarter and Monash got up to win by 18pts.
Ajax had no legs in the last and with 6 guys stretching out cramps before the bounce of the last. They surely cant be unfit.

Their first 3 quarters were as best ive seen Ajax their tackling and pressure were second to none, the soft front running was still there though.

Fayman kicked 4 in the first and was looking like the savior. Didnt touch it in the second half. Game was just about over before they put him in the middle to get run down from behind due to slow disposal.

Monash just out powered them in the end with some freak guy taking massive pack grabs in the goal square (kicked 4 last quarter goals). Their middle started to out body and the skill level and ball movement was lifted.

I reckon compared to Ajax they could have run out another quarter.

In the end Monash were just too strong for even though they got smashed for 3 quarters. Id hate to see them play 4 quarters.

thought De La did really well in shutting down the so-called superstar of the comp, Davidson. expected something special and got a skinny, soft kid...de la worked him realy well to the flanks to where his inadequate kicking skills let him down...good luck next year rovers!

thought De La did really well in shutting down the so-called superstar of the comp, Davidson. expected something special and got a skinny, soft kid...de la worked him realy well to the flanks to where his inadequate kicking skills let him down...good luck next year rovers!
what number was he? No one was standing out. Maybe it was the bloke with the curly hair, he was quite skillfull.

Full credit to De La today. they played a disciplined, well drilled brand of footy all day. Should be a great prelim next week. They also did very well to shut Davidson down with double and triple teams and great pressure from up the field. Disappointing for the Rovers boys to go out that way but we had a crack and were beaten by a far better side on the day.

As for Timmy, Davidson is ten times the footballer you will ever be, sore knees or lack of heart of whatever the excuse is for you this week.

Best of luck to the three remaining teams. Monash should do it in a canter and definately deserve it but stranger things have happened.

I thought De La Salle played quite well today. I wonder now, what sort of effect of losing to Monash after having a grand final berth in their hands when the Jackas were 22 points up with 1 quarter to play will have on AJAX, leading up to the preliminary final?

Great analysis Cragly.
Not much i can add to that. Covers the main gist of the game.
First 3/4's Ajax killed Monash out of the middle. And pretty much controlled the game all over the ground. As soon as monash got a sniff Ajax would hit back and hit back hard.

3/4 time looked as if Ajax would get home comfortably, but then enter number 7 for Monash (dont know the kids name) but my goodness. Took pack mark after pack mark and tore Ajax a new one. Absoloutly sensational.....At this point Ajax stopped running, and Monash's midfield led by number 2 just picked up the pace and ran all over Ajax.

Pathetic really that 6 or 7 Ajax boys were seen to be on the ground in the last quarter trying to stretch out cramp and then come limping off and not to be seen again for the rest of the quarter. Really made life hard for Ajax. Makes you wonder how much heart they have? Seemed like some of them just didn't want to be there in the last quarter.

Great win by Monash. very gutsty...just did not give up. A credit to them.
As for Ajax vs De la....well to be honest i would've put my house down that it would've been Hampton but hey De la are really storming home.

Comes down to wether or not Ajax can get a fit and firing team up for next weekend, otherwise De la will be facing monash in a fortnight!

Full credit to De La today. they played a disciplined, well drilled brand of footy all day. Should be a great prelim next week. They also did very well to shut Davidson down with double and triple teams and great pressure from up the field. Disappointing for the Rovers boys to go out that way but we had a crack and were beaten by a far better side on the day.

As for Timmy, Davidson is ten times the footballer you will ever be, sore knees or lack of heart of whatever the excuse is for you this week.

Best of luck to the three remaining teams. Monash should do it in a canter and definately deserve it but stranger things have happened.

wouldnt be so sure champ!

first quarter of hampton vs. de la salle was the most exciting football i've seen in this competition all year. the 2 teams were perfectly matched. de la gradually pulled away to win by a large margin because hamptons problem is the lack of fitness and inability to run out 4 quarters and the fact they had at least 4-5 duds on the ground at any one time. their bests are as good as any other teams. de las run and carry and the fact they not only matched but dominated the physicality was impressive. although davidson was convincingly beaten, on his day it is obvious he could dominate.

ajax vs. monash: ajax got physical against monash the first half and really took it to them to lead at half time. if you don't hit hard against monash for 4 quarters you wont win, they are too fit and skilled and have a game plan. hard hitting may be their achilles heel??

will the ajax or de la teams change in any way for this week? brindisi is wide but not that long, who does that favour?

de la vs ajax............... thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back