General Bombers Talk More talk of changing the logo. Post your thoughts here.

What should we do with the logo?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Letter from the President: Brand research project​

President Dave Barham provides an update on the club's brand research project.
By essendonfc.com.au - 1 hr ago

To all our Fans and Members,

The Essendon Football Club has a proud history as one of the oldest clubs in the AFL and we have a strong recognisable brand.

We are conducting a preliminary research project which centres around the Essendon brand and its elements.

The research project is in its early phase. Members and supporters have been and will continue to be canvassed as part of this process, in addition to the engagement of multiple Essendon Football Club stakeholders.

We have a proud history of more than 150 years and a deep connection to our members and supporters. This is and will always be respected and embraced.

There is no immediate action to change the club logo or any elements of the club brand. This is a longer-term project with significant work to be completed.

We proudly recognise that our future legacy begins with our proud history.

We will always be called the Bombers.

- Dave Barham

Image011.jpg

thats it there. let us know what you think. or if you could clean it up on photoshop even better. :thumbsu:

by the way. congrats gg on making this thread so godamn big! lol

You need to leave the logo alone. In my opinion, it is one of, if not THE best logo's in the AFL. There was a thread with a logo comp and somehow St Kilda's is goingm to the Grand Final. Now that is an amateur looking logo. Essendon's looks great.

You need to leave the logo alone. In my opinion, it is one of, if not THE best logo's in the AFL. There was a thread with a logo comp and somehow St Kilda's is goingm to the Grand Final. Now that is an amateur looking logo. Essendon's looks great.

Well its all very personal. I personally quite like St Kilda's logo. It looks smart, without being all that 'creative'. FWIW i like our current logo, however it is fun to play around with it. This thread wont change the Essendon logo, it just provides a bit of fun and interest in the off season.

Thought i might have a crack, it looks similar to the current logo, in the way that its a plane in the same type of shape, but I'm trying to also introduce a 'mosquito' look to it. Don't think its working too well, but here is what i have done so far.

Image011.jpg

thats it there. let us know what you think. or if you could clean it up on photoshop even better. :thumbsu:

by the way. congrats gg on making this thread so godamn big! lol
even though its really rough. if you traced it onto a computer and made it look professional i'd say itd be the best so far.

Thanks.
The anzac idea you can credit Essendon2008 for the suggestion.
It's a winner with the art deco badge.

As for Collingwood? I'm not sure. They would wear their traditional white strip and perhaps use an older badge they once wore back in the 40's-50's? Or maybe one could design a special anzac day badge (in the same art deco kinda feel) especially for that match?

That wouldnt be too hard if I had some google images of old magpies logos and images to play around with.

Here you go gg. Thanks for the great work on ours!
camberwell_magpies_cc_logo.gif

I dont wanna influence it. Im too close to Port that I'd only think of the usual things. I want the perspective of an outsider who'll think outside the box, come up with their own imagery. Feel free to go the traditional route or a different route.

So you guys feel free to experiment. I'll definitely post the best ones made on the Port board and see what they think. Should stir a lot of discussion.

Sorry nothing has been posted regarding the Port logo after all the work you did for us. I myself am finding it hard to find a starting point. All i keep coming back to is corny electricity references or something like the lightning bolt you have now.

I'll get to the Magpies Anzac Day logo sometime tomorrow. Bit busy tonight. But thanks for posting some of those ghostdog. I think I may have an idea from what you posted.

And I kinda did a rough version of anf06's drawn logo, but it's not really how he/she had probably envisioned it. I think they wanted more of a stylized DRAWN depiction of a plane. But I'll post it anyway, seeing as no one else has had a go at it.

Also, shame no one has come up with any ideas for the Power. C'mon!

essendon.jpg

I'll get to the Magpies Anzac Day logo sometime tomorrow. Bit busy tonight. But thanks for posting some of those ghostdog. I think I may have an idea from what you posted.

And I kinda did a rough version of anf06's drawn logo, but it's not really how he/she had probably envisioned it. I think they wanted more of a stylized DRAWN depiction of a plane. But I'll post it anyway, seeing as no one else has had a go at it.

Also, shame no one has come up with any ideas for the Power. C'mon!

essendon.jpg

looks nice. good stuff.
i just went out to JB today and bought myself a new macbook,so in the next few days ill be able to draw up another version of the first sketch.

(and im a he) haha :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Damn! I really wanna do one of that bizarre logo.

Yeah.. I really want to find it too as its the only flat copy I've ever had and it has since proven to be quite rare judging by the difficulty I've had finding another.

How come Im here trying to make the Bombers all sinister, and you guys are all trying to make the Power clowns!

Sorry mate couldn't resist. I'd love to join in the fun but I don't have photoshop.. and I'm at work.

What about something with a Greek God throwing/about to throw a lightning bolt from a cloud or something?

I really hope/pray you can find that flat version. Dont give up.

And the greek god idea is pretty good actually. Maybe without the lightning bolt stuff---that whole concept needs to be forgotten about if we're to get some alternative "power" logos. Also, no one needs to have photoshop/skills, just post images from google or mention ideas and I can work on that.

While those who do have photoshop/skills can feel free to post their power logos.

I'd really like to take a bunch of them to the Port board and throw it on their laps, create a bit of discussion about possibly changing our logo because it's horrible imo.

Thor is the God of Thunder, so perhaps you could work that into it.

thor-painting.jpeg
thor.jpg

In the first one maybe youu could replace the hammer with a shield and have lightning leaving his hand.

Back