Preview Round 6: Collingwood vs Essendon - Anzac Day Clash - Tuesday 25th April 3:20pm - Preview, Changes and Thoughts

Who will win?

• Essendon

Votes: 52 60.5%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 29 33.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big game for Perkins if onball

Hobbs is the better onballer. Id be looking elsewhere if i was him at the end of the year

If your not getting a game when Zerrett is out then im not sure what it will take must be going through his head

Hind is stiff
paris hilton thats hot GIF

Collingwood's team still isn't out.
Yeah it is.

Not happy with the Hobbs non selection.

With Merrwt out and no midfield replacement, plus DeGoey back, and their ability to beat Saints while Carlton couldn't, I change my tip to Collingwood for tomorrow.

Ill get disappointed if we get smashed in the middle and go down with a whimper. Win, lose or draw I hope we break even around the ball and tackle count and get numbers to every contest.

A win against the form side of the season, even without their rucks, is the sort of thing that will help Redman and Parish stay.

For those saying with haven’t replaced Merrett, it looks like Shiel will take Merrett’s role with Caldwell moving into the midfield rotations and Davey taking Caldwells spot at half forward?

Draper/Phillips, Parish, Shiel, Setterfield, Caldwell.

These are our rotations from last week: 1A4F456E-0B1F-4838-8CDD-0210E7CB5735.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure I understand why Davey is in and not Hobbs (given we lost Merrett). Great experience for Davey though. Hobbs could be a pretty flexible sub but then so is Hind.

I think people are making too big a deal about Hobbs non inclusion. Its pretty legitimate to bring Davey in and play Caldwell or Perkins through the midfield rather than just bringing in another midfielder. If our preference is to do that then Davey is a better forward than Hobbs.
Anyway its not worth getting that worked up for. Merrett's only gone for a week.

I think people are making too big a deal about Hobbs non inclusion. Its pretty legitimate to bring Davey in and play Caldwell or Perkins through the midfield rather than just bringing in another midfielder. If our preference is to do that then Davey is a better forward than Hobbs.
Anyway it’s not worth getting that worked up for. Merrett's only gone for a week.
Pretty much this. Wonder who the sub will be 🤔

Big game for Perkins if onball

Hobbs is the better onballer. Id be looking elsewhere if i was him at the end of the year

If your not getting a game when Zerrett is out then im not sure what it will take must be going through his head
Plenty of time for Hobbs. Wouldn't think he would be cracking it just yet, doesn't seem the type. If he is that fickle, then good riddance.

I'm surprised Hobbs didn't get into the team at general glance.

But I can see why Davey is in. Collingwood play an actual 5 at the back formation with Daicos or Maynard pushing up the ground.

His inclusion along with Menzie, Perkins, Snelling etc etc will give us some quick counter attacking options to potentially exploit their style of play.

There is obviously some confidence in the current midfield crop to cover the absence.

It's a tactical selection, not a like for like...

Hobbs sub for me still. As others said. He can sub into the midfield which then might free up a player to another position.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back