Ballarat Football League 2009 (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Courier has the Team of the Year in it. I can't seem to find it on the website, but the article mentions Redan and East Point had four players in ti with Melton South, Sunbury and Lake Wendouree each having three players, while Ballarat and Darley have two, and Melton one

Gisborne members voted last night regarding the switch of leagues and they have opted to stick with the bendigo league

Which is a shame, because sooner or later the natural progression should be for the Eastern Bloc clubs to move away from the BaFL and resume playing in a league of more local teams. That is; 2 from Bacchus Marsh, 2 from Melton (maybe 3,) plus Sunbury. This league must then have Gisborne. (6 strong competitive clubs.) Then look at Rockbank, Diggers Rest etc. Even entice Daylesford back to this new formed league and perhaps Ballan.

Would certainly affect the Riddel District league and would need a restructure of the BaFL which should look at some of the clubs in the CHFL that are close to Ballarat.

But in my view it makes sense and would lessen the distances needed to be travelled up the highway to the sleet and snow every other week.

Long-term, greater attendances and more realistic rivalries between neighbouring clubs.

Thoughts??

Yeah you're right. No blame can be put on Jezza though, like he says, he just plays football to the best of his ability and enjoys it, anything else is a bonus.

stop living through Jarred Edwards.
your starting to come across as a bit of a sad case now Austin, just do yourself and redan a favour and delete your bigfooty account.............and get a haircut

Redan short priced favourites for the flag and I hear Redan boys loaded up pretty heavy that's why they are so short. Wouldn't like to choke like some other clubs do eg Darley or KA on food or on his words. Pressure on Peacey and even though we get on well you wouldn't want to be remembered as the coach that lost a Grand Final as redemption may be hard next year especially with an ageing list and after edwards & knowles leave.

Big news to come out of swan land. Watch this space.

That's why he captained the VCFL team. What a pack of sooks - just can't stand losing. Should be used to it by now.
How can blokes hang s**t on Edwards his CV speaks for itself. Premierships League B/Fs Club B/Fs Vic rep Vic Captain he has done everything there is to do in country football give the man some credit.

Redan short priced favourites for the flag and I hear Redan boys loaded up pretty heavy that's why they are so short. Wouldn't like to choke like some other clubs do eg Darley or KA on food or on his words. Pressure on Peacey and even though we get on well you wouldn't want to be remembered as the coach that lost a Grand Final as redemption may be hard next year especially with an ageing list and after edwards & knowles leave.

Big news to come out of swan land. Watch this space.

Very game man for someone who has had his picture posted on here. I guess thats why you dont get to games any more or you do the wheres wally act. Time catches up with all men who marry gremlins and wear glasses

Damian Horbury played extremely well on Jordan in the second half of the 2nd semi. I am sure if he is getting on top the switch will be made again. Jordan kicked four in that match, and I think almost all of them were in the first half. Four is probably a pretty good result.

He did play at Nth Ballarat - struggled and ended up winning a 2's B&F. End of the day he could not cut it at VFL and dropped back to the BalFL.

I would not get to carried away with a Ballarat award - the only people wo can win it are from Ballarat and voted by there friends in the town.
I would once again like to debunk your conspiracy theories KA.

Since the sides from the west of Melbourne requested entry into the BFL there have been 16 winners of the Henderson medal. Of these 8 have been from teams from the so called Eastren Bloc with 2 more from Daylesford. These stats once again debunk your conspiracy theories and quite frankly I am sick of hearing about them.

Here's some advice. If you want your club to shift leagues what you need to do is pass a motion at your AGM requesting this, get it seconded and then have the members vote on it. If you are not willing to do this then stop bitching about the state of play and get over the conspiracy bull.

Finally to Edwards regardless of whether he is the prodcut of man love from the whole umpiring fraternity winning 4 B&F's is a monumental feat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I imagine the ground will be in very good condition; it was in very good condition last week, we got a bit of rain yesterday but today is clear and sunny so the ground should dry out. The forecast for tomorrow is a shower or two with a chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and 17°.

So peoples how do you think Redan will stop Dan Jordan?

Will it be a case of stop Jordan and stop East Point or am I selling the Kangaroos short?
The game will be won in the mid field if East dont get the ball into Jordan they cant win so all redan have to do is win in the midfield.

The game will be won in the mid field if East dont get the ball into Jordan they cant win so all redan have to do is win in the midfield.

Gee that's easy!! "All redan have to do is win the midfield" come on buddy, Grand Final will be won/lost depending on how 21 blokes perform on the day not just "the midfield".

Gee that's easy!! "All redan have to do is win the midfield" come on buddy, Grand Final will be won/lost depending on how 21 blokes perform on the day not just "the midfield".

Precisely, the little things, the team things will separate the sides. Goalkicking will be crucial, last time it was 16.7 to 14.13 or something like that. As you said, a 21-man effort is required, so expect an absolute cracker of a game. I'm slightly biased, but I think Redan by 9 points. Knowles BOG

Most games are won in the midfeld. Its not rocket siencce the more footy the midfield win the more supply the forwards get. If Redan get there hands on the ball in that part of the ground this will limit the supply to Jordan and go along way to winning the game.Yeah little things will count but the battle in the midfield will have the main bearing on the game Redan by 4 goals

Today's Grand Final could possibly have been the worst grand final in recent memories, East Point were insipid and Redan gave them the flogging they deserved.

First things first.. The inept coaching performance of East Points coach needs to be addressed at a higher level at East Point..

The biggest crowd in the Ballarat FL season, 209 people saw Redan's Jarrod Edwards collect 50 possessions and have 22 clearances (including a stint on the sideline for 15 mins to repair damage to his left knuckle after falling victim to a vicious head butt)..... And I stopped paying attention at half time.. This guy is a 4 time Henderson Medal winner, I would have suspected that his 15 possessions, 7 clearances and 3 goal assists in the first 12 minutes of Redan's dominating 7 goal opening term would have earned him a little respect, say, an East Point midfielder attempting to even get within 20 metres would have been nice. I think maybe, the coach down at East, was watching the same group of drunk netballers after half time that I was... His quarter time address to shut down the Redan coach in Peace who had accumulated 1 kick, 1 handball and a glorious eyeful of the Jarrod Edwards show (Dr Stoppage to the uneducated) was inspiring, possibly to the drunk Under 18's from East who I am not sure even knew were still there.
The celebrations would be glorious at East this evening, as it should be.. The 18s and twos had wonderful victories, but the insipid down hill skiing we saw in the seniors was an embarrassment to the club... Well done to Redan, or the congratulations should go to "DOCTOR STOPPAGE" Jarrod Edwards, because the "Doctor" was well and truly operating today, to all those that have bad mouthed his 4 in a row on here in recent days, I would suspect that after today's performance, the BFL should just give him the next two as well...

Today I officially became the number one fan of "DOCTOR STOPPAGE".

Today's Grand Final could possibly have been the worst grand final in recent memories, East Point were insipid and Redan gave them the flogging they deserved.

First things first.. The inept coaching performance of East Points coach needs to be addressed at a higher level at East Point..

The biggest crowd in the Ballarat FL season, 209 people saw Redan's Jarrod Edwards collect 50 possessions and have 22 clearances (including a stint on the sideline for 15 mins to repair damage to his left knuckle after falling victim to a vicious head butt)..... And I stopped paying attention at half time.. This guy is a 4 time Henderson Medal winner, I would have suspected that his 15 possessions, 7 clearances and 3 goal assists in the first 12 minutes of Redan's dominating 7 goal opening term would have earned him a little respect, say, an East Point midfielder attempting to even get within 20 metres would have been nice. I think maybe, the coach down at East, was watching the same group of drunk netballers after half time that I was... His quarter time address to shut down the Redan coach in Peace who had accumulated 1 kick, 1 handball and a glorious eyeful of the Jarrod Edwards show (Dr Stoppage to the uneducated) was inspiring, possibly to the drunk Under 18's from East who I am not sure even knew were still there.
The celebrations would be glorious at East this evening, as it should be.. The 18s and twos had wonderful victories, but the insipid down hill skiing we saw in the seniors was an embarrassment to the club... Well done to Redan, or the congratulations should go to "DOCTOR STOPPAGE" Jarrod Edwards, because the "Doctor" was well and truly operating today, to all those that have bad mouthed his 4 in a row on here in recent days, I would suspect that after today's performance, the BFL should just give him the next two as well...

Today I officially became the number one fan of "DOCTOR STOPPAGE".

your a very humerous man dee_pincider.firstly that doctor bloke u seem in love with,showed his true colours today by punching aqn 18 year old kid. if hes such a star,why would he need to do that and let his team down by getting sent off. also how can u bag a coach that has delivered a team to a granny????

your a very humerous man dee_pincider.firstly that doctor bloke u seem in love with,showed his true colours today by punching aqn 18 year old kid. if hes such a star,why would he need to do that and let his team down by getting sent off. also how can u bag a coach that has delivered a team to a granny????

Dont think he let his side down to much!!! Won them the game in the first quarter.

as a non supporter, Darley, Lakers, Ballarat, and Sunba would have put up a more competitive effort that what we seen today....pathetic merging dogs..suck ass and beat it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back