Other Help Me Pick an NFL Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Help me pick a team!

Its natural for people to jump on a winner Woodson.

The flipside-

Just like the patriots fans today leaving their team with an empty stadium halfway thru the last quarter :eek:

Some of them Pats fans are realists..(but disloyal) they didn't sell out the stadium which all makes sense when you have ONE of your play-makers OUT and the D is long removed from their dynasty days. Their expectations have remained the same since then but unfortunately not all agreed to attend.

Natural to jump on a 'winner' is so cheesy.. it's really embarrassing.. for them. I worked in the corp boxes and the shameless folk have NO F**** idea what they are cheering for.. no wonder many people make fun of the Demons faithful.. go #34 whatever.. that thrill lasts possibly 2-3 hours and after a week, they got NOTHING from that 'bandwagon jump'. I just don't class such folk who roll up just for the play-offs as fans period. They are just passive. Get them in (watching/ playing attention) during the regular season and I'll be happy for them. They are fraud fans come play-off time. :thumbsdown:

It was nice of me showing resiliance to stay a Falcons fan

at the end of last year (pre Cutler goign to Bears) I considered going to the Broncos
after that a I was thinking of going to a shit team for the fairytale story of building up in the Lions
then this year my love for Rodgers grew and grew as he led my Cutthroat team very close to playoffs

I dont regret staying with the Falcons because they have a bright future, but all of those teams (at the time) appealed to me.

If I wasnt on BigFooty though I probably would of switched to the one team in Green Bay

but I didnt want to jump teams which would give me a negative perception here, so I stayed. LIking the decision now :)

It was nice of me showing resiliance to stay a Falcons fan

If I wasnt on BigFooty though I probably would of switched to the one team in Green Bay
but I didnt want to jump teams which would give me a negative perception here, so I stayed. LIking the decision now :)

Very commendable Riggy1. :thumbsu: Be original. Don't copy Fuey...he wouldn't like that. :D Lots to like about variation in people. Not limited to subjective colour schemes. Wizard made equally bold choice/s in selecting his teams also.

jumping teams as a new fan of the game is no different to dating lots of girls till you find 'the one' and settle down.

totally natural and shouldnt be scorned at. jump all you like till you definitely find the one.

Jumping teams as what (Mizza) Goedy didn't actually do. He never put claims to 'we' and talk up history like to pretend he was 'part of it'. I don't mind that kinda jumping... be passive all you can and take the good with the bad when jumping ship. There is forever that 'pretender' allegiance that still doesn't impress me in some. That's why I choose to GRILL & FRY when the silly sausages are
talking sawdust and not meaty facts.

You're looking at it from the pov of a long-time follower of the game who has found his team. But forget your own pov when you were a newbie to the game.

You were dabbling in the Niners when you first found and were getting into american football...and everyone is going to be all "we/history" as they first get into it. A lot of people like Goedy and Riggy are teens no different to when you were dabbling with the Niners. A lot of people are adult aged, and getting into the game brand new have some kind of attachment or interest in a number of cities of a foreign country as to why they're picking a team. Think in reverse, an american getting into AFL, they might have some attachment or interest in famous names like Gold Coast (holidayed there), Sydney (where they studied/backpacked once), Brisbane (where they met their wife), Perth (a friend's hometown), and some interest in the more famous teams like Essendon or Collingwood, plus might like a team like Richmond purely because of the colors/nickname (them being say a Bengals or Steelers fan).

Alright, I gotta admit I'm in a bit of a pickle. I've followed NFL for as long as I've had Foxtel (2004) but never really had a team. Then I picked up the Jets due to the Graham connection, but they were never shown on TV so I wasn't exactly an avid supporter. Naturally, when Graham moved to the Cards I took an interest in them and was on their wagon for the Superbowl run last season.

Then this season, a heap more Jets games were shown on our screens, and I was drawn back to them mainly due to our Lord and Saviour Revis Christ and Shonn Greene, but still had the Cards up there because of Benny.

So I decided I'd go with whichever team put up a better performance on the weekend, but obviously that didn't help too much as the Jets smothered the Bengals thanks largely to the two guys mentioned earlier, and the Cards played one of the most exciting games I've ever watched.

I pretty much use the Cards and the Jets exclusively on Madden, so no help there.

Any advice on which way I should go, or should I look elsewhere entirely as I really only looked at these two teams because of Graham?

Nothing wrong with having two teams, a team for the AFC and a team for the NFC.

Or just pick whatever team gets knocked out earlier - they need your love.

Alright, I gotta admit I'm in a bit of a pickle. I've followed NFL for as long as I've had Foxtel (2004) but never really had a team. Then I picked up the Jets due to the Graham connection, but they were never shown on TV so I wasn't exactly an avid supporter. Naturally, when Graham moved to the Cards I took an interest in them and was on their wagon for the Superbowl run last season.

Then this season, a heap more Jets games were shown on our screens, and I was drawn back to them mainly due to our Lord and Saviour Revis Christ and Shonn Greene, but still had the Cards up there because of Benny.

So I decided I'd go with whichever team put up a better performance on the weekend, but obviously that didn't help too much as the Jets smothered the Bengals thanks largely to the two guys mentioned earlier, and the Cards played one of the most exciting games I've ever watched.

I pretty much use the Cards and the Jets exclusively on Madden, so no help there.

Any advice on which way I should go, or should I look elsewhere entirely as I really only looked at these two teams because of Graham?
Arizona are where Fremantle will be in 60 years
New York are just like St Kilda, won one thing in the 60s, but havnt done anything since

Not the Jets
Detriot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Vegas15, why not support both.

Then you can have one AFC and one NFC team, and on the off chance (once in 30 years likely) they play off in the Superbowl, you just sit back and enjoy the game.:D

Hey Vegas15, why not support both.

Then you can have one AFC and one NFC team, and on the off chance (once in 30 years likely) they play off in the Superbowl, you just sit back and enjoy the game.:D
Vegas, dont do this
I was looked at badly in the last offseason when I asked if the Broncos could be my AFC team of choice

But im staying with Falcons
got through the non playoff year, so the love will grow in the playoff years comming up

Very commendable Riggy1. :thumbsu: Be original. Don't copy Fuey...he wouldn't like that. :D Lots to like about variation in people. Not limited to subjective colour schemes. Wizard made equally bold choice/s in selecting his teams also.

Bold, stupid, shameful - whichever way you want to look at it.
My main teams / individual sprotsmen that i follow closely are as follows, with their success since i have been following alongside them.

Fremantle - 2 finals series
Arizona Cardinals - 2 playoff runs / 1 superbowl appearance / 3 winning seasons
Sturt Double Blues - 1 premiership / 2 loosing GF's
Garry Brazier - 6 x Australian Spritncar Champion (also a good friend)
Chad Reed - 2 x AMA Supercross and 1 x AMA Motocross champion

Teams i take a strong interest in but don't follow religiously.
Adelaide United - 2 loosing GF's (3 including AFC)
Manly Sea Eagles - 2 premierships (3 GF's)
Western Force - 0 finals appearances

So i have had very limited success, the Sturt and Manly flags being the only thing i can really hang me hat on. Reed was a star when i started following him so cant have real claims there, and Brazier is simply the main in Australian Speedway but being an individual sport the claiming victory and bragging rights isn't quite the same.

I'm not a bandwagoner you can see that for yourself.
How this helps you find a new team i'm not sure, i guess i can say i don't regret any of my choices so aslong as your passionate as a person and a sport follower it doesn't matter who you pick. There will be a team jump at you sooner or later.

Vegas, dont do this
I was looked at badly in the last offseason when I asked if the Broncos could be my AFC team of choice

But im staying with Falcons
got through the non playoff year, so the love will grow in the playoff years comming up

Its not liek your non-playoff year was a 4-12 season though. They were still a very solid team and probably should have been in the playoffs with some decent luck.

Vegas, dont do this

Honestly, i dont have a real problem with it.

Theres only one team you can follow full on, and for me thats the Eagles, but at the same time, i do have a real soft spot for the Colts, and watch their games with quite a bit of interest.

Honestly, i dont have a real problem with it.

Theres only one team you can follow full on, and for me thats the Eagles, but at the same time, i do have a real soft spot for the Colts, and watch their games with quite a bit of interest.

Spot on there STO.

I am die hard Cowboy supporter first and foremost but i have a real soft spot for the Bengals and the Colts also. Bengals because i loved Boomer and Colts because i was a huge fan of Marshall Faulk and Marvin Harrison.

Some of them Pats fans are realists..(but disloyal) they didn't sell out the stadium which all makes sense when you have ONE of your play-makers OUT and the D is long removed from their dynasty days. Their expectations have remained the same since then but unfortunately not all agreed to attend.

Natural to jump on a 'winner' is so cheesy.. it's really embarrassing.. for them. I worked in the corp boxes and the shameless folk have NO F**** idea what they are cheering for.. no wonder many people make fun of the Demons faithful.. go #34 whatever.. that thrill lasts possibly 2-3 hours and after a week, they got NOTHING from that 'bandwagon jump'. I just don't class such folk who roll up just for the play-offs as fans period. They are just passive. Get them in (watching/ playing attention) during the regular season and I'll be happy for them. They are fraud fans come play-off time. :thumbsdown:
Understand what your sayin Woodson. I have accepted it's not only in sport there are wagon jumpers regarding winning/popular culture. Really just watch with amusement, doesn't really bother me. Cheesy? Probably. I recently saw 10k misguided soul(less)s line up to see Britney Spears ffs.

Them Pats fan's leaving their team like that and even booing them during the game remind me of the local East Fremantle team supporters here in the late 70's early 80's. When the team had a win every man and his dog would turn up to the clubrooms to chat and/or mix with the members etc... after a loss the clubrooms were ghostown like. Obviously not ALL are like that but too many breadcrumbs in them snagger rolls.

It's also what i relate to a team whether i like them or not. On the weekend saw GW Bush in the stands. This only confirms my dislike for that team. I don't mind the eagles but am always reminded of Tom Hanks in that crappy movie. Pittsburgh i don't mind, as George A. Romero is from around them parts, great horror movie director. I'm on the Raiders:footy:, don't know much about Tampa Bay, only that they annoy me.:)

Burley>Sherrin

it feels weirder in the hands but they seen smaller so easier to mark and guide to your foot. but Sherrin's do get more penitration through the air on your kicking

but the leather on Burley is softer, so it doesnt hurt your hands/feet as much when you handpass/kick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back