Golden Rivers FL Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People like you Nackas Sh%t me!!! You have no understanding of football or the community otherwise you would not make a stupid comment like this? Wakool are lucky to survive in the GRFL, they do not have a large population to draw players from, no water, farming is tough and they still manage to put 4 football sides on the field. They should be congratulated for having a go at recruiting players. To
A) Put a team on the field
B) To be competetive
C) Improve the standard of the GRFL and
D) Give their youth an opportunity to play football for the town. Unfortunately money is part of football and some clubs need to pay to survive? Would you rather see no Wakool, Macorna or Moula? Thumbs up to the Wakool community for having a dip:thumbsu:
Rumour has it that wakool have pulled the pin in golden rivers an are joining riverina area... i got told this by a very reliable source

what if mitsch does not consent to this ptf? think they are setting up praccy matches without discussing on forums. theres always someone wanting one its just we always play them away and they never return the favour the following yr.

Rumour has it that wakool have pulled the pin in golden rivers an are joining riverina area... i got told this by a very reliable source
Your Source in not very reliable. Wakool FC HAVE NOT pull the pin. If you want a reliable source contact the Wakool FC committee.

with respect to Paul Roos
" I've always considered sledging to be a weak act and often a signal saying I can't compete on your level so I'll try to bring you down to mine and the only way I can do that is underhanded ". Sydney Swans Coach Paul Roos"
"Bankrupt" what a joke! Where on earth do you get your information. Wakool FC are going full steam ahead with thanks to the very supportive community and dedicated committee, no problems filling any committee positions. GO HAWKS Look out GRFL

with respect to Paul Roos
" I've always considered sledging to be a weak act and often a signal saying I can't compete on your level so I'll try to bring you down to mine and the only way I can do that is underhanded ". Sydney Swans Coach Paul Roos"
"Bankrupt" what a joke! Where on earth do you get your information. Wakool FC are going full steam ahead with thanks to the very supportive community and dedicated committee, no problems filling any committee positions. GO HAWKS Look out GRFL

I hope for the GRFL's sake you can field a competitive senior team again and have numbers for reserves as well. The same with Quamby, I hope they have enough for reserves as well. Not hearing many positive things coming out of Moulamein. Is there a coach out there yet?

I hope for the GRFL's sake you can field a competitive senior team again and have numbers for reserves as well. The same with Quamby, I hope they have enough for reserves as well. Not hearing many positive things coming out of Moulamein. Is there a coach out there yet?
Greg Whelan

Great piece of journalist work from Ben Carter in today's Northern Times!
Memo: Ben Carter
Bigfooty information has the credibility of a dead cat!!!!!!!!

What did this piece of journalist work consist of? Surely he has to have a pre season review of the state of lace crumbers in the league for this season, what/who to expect to be hitting the spillages from the packs hard from each club etc

Great piece of journalist work from Ben Carter in today's Northern Times!
Memo: Ben Carter
Bigfooty information has the credibility of a dead cat!!!!!!!!

Nackas, i had a read of the Northern Times this morning and found it sub standard that a throw away post off Big Footy can get an entire back page.

I would have thought Ben Carter may have had something else up his sleeve to write about other than posts on Big Footy that have no credibility. Come on Ben, your better than that.

As if that post having Wakool going to Riverina had any truth to it. I guess it got the club (Wakool) some sought of publicity, even if it wasnt in the best light possible. To print the posts on the back page of the Northern Times was way out of line and totally unnecessary for 2 reasons.

1- Wakool, just as every club in the GRFL is, are doing everything possible to get a competative team out onto the ground and any bad press is certainly not needed.

2- User name of the person posting that totally unbelievable post, went by the name of Quambatook, suggesting that Quambatook FC may have set up Wakool FC with this outlandish post.

Anyone who reads GRFL thread wouldnt/didnt believe the post for one micro second yet it gets a gig on the back page. As ive stated, Ben your better than that, dig deeper mate and get some 'real' footy news in the paper.

Nackas, i had a read of the Northern Times this morning and found it sub standard that a throw away post off Big Footy can get an entire back page.

I would have thought Ben Carter may have had something else up his sleeve to write about other than posts on Big Footy that have no credibility. Come on Ben, your better than that.

As if that post having Wakool going to Riverina had any truth to it. I guess it got the club (Wakool) some sought of publicity, even if it wasnt in the best light possible. To print the posts on the back page of the Northern Times was way out of line and totally unnecessary for 2 reasons.

1- Wakool, just as every club in the GRFL is, are doing everything possible to get a competative team out onto the ground and any bad press is certainly not needed.

2- User name of the person posting that totally unbelievable post, went by the name of Quambatook, suggesting that Quambatook FC may have set up Wakool FC with this outlandish post.

Anyone who reads GRFL thread wouldnt/didnt believe the post for one micro second yet it gets a gig on the back page. As ive stated, Ben your better than that, dig deeper mate and get some 'real' footy news in the paper.

Here here Vincent. Unfortunately this has happened a little bi around the country papers over the last few years.

On another note. I heard your name linked to an old club of mine recently. Any truth??

Here here Vincent. Unfortunately this has happened a little bi around the country papers over the last few years.

On another note. I heard your name linked to an old club of mine recently. Any truth??

Luke, im certain this would'nt have happened in any papers, ever. Journo's may have sniffed aroud big footy for a few rumours, then searched around to back up the rumour and then put it to print.

Im 100% sure posts off big footy hav'nt been painted all over the back page of a news paper. Im all for sports writers getting a footy scoop where ever they have to, but i didnt see any reason what so ever to put those few posts on the back page for all to read.

Point is this Luke, if someone decided to go under an alias 'Luke Bennett', make up a silly rumour and it makes the back page, you woulnt be over the moon about it. It would look as though 'Luke Bennett' is trying to unsettle a club, when in reality he's totally innocent. So how does it look for Quambatook Fc having their name linked to these rumours, not good.

General person who dosent read big footy, but read Northern Times, would think 'why would Quambatook do this, thats ordinary form'.

I've spoken to Ben Carter before this debacle, seems a good guy but this has let him down a little. Like i've stated, no problem with the way jouro's get their material but printing the 'posts' off big footy didnt hold an ounce of water. As you know, a lot of people read big footy and their are always rumours, thats 70/80% of what big footy is, but printing a silly rumour can only harm a club, not help it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke, im certain this would'nt have happened in any papers, ever. Journo's may have sniffed aroud big footy for a few rumours, then searched around to back up the rumour and then put it to print.

Im 100% sure posts off big footy hav'nt been painted all over the back page of a news paper. Im all for sports writers getting a footy scoop where ever they have to, but i didnt see any reason what so ever to put those few posts on the back page for all to read.

Point is this Luke, if someone decided to go under an alias 'Luke Bennett', make up a silly rumour and it makes the back page, you woulnt be over the moon about it. It would look as though 'Luke Bennett' is trying to unsettle a club, when in reality he's totally innocent. So how does it look for Quambatook Fc having their name linked to these rumours, not good.

General person who dosent read big footy, but read Northern Times, would think 'why would Quambatook do this, thats ordinary form'.

I've spoken to Ben Carter before this debacle, seems a good guy but this has let him down a little. Like i've stated, no problem with the way jouro's get their material but printing the 'posts' off big footy didnt hold an ounce of water. As you know, a lot of people read big footy and their are always rumours, thats 70/80% of what big footy is, but printing a silly rumour can only harm a club, not help it.

you didnt answer mr bennet question mr proud...

I agree whole heartedly with everyhting your posts says Vincent but I can 100% assure you that it has happened before as it was the Guardian newspaper that has done it. Our old friend Mr Clifton wrote directly from bigfooty on a couple of occassions.

Anyway the old club of mine I was referring to was Mount Pleasant

I agree whole heartedly with everyhting your posts says Vincent but I can 100% assure you that it has happened before as it was the Guardian newspaper that has done it. Our old friend Mr Clifton wrote directly from bigfooty on a couple of occassions.

Anyway the old club of mine I was referring to was Mount Pleasant

Well that surprises me that a news paper would go as far as to print the actual posts in the paper, not just the rumour that has started on Big Footy.

RE- Your question; know one cares what i do or dont do as to which club i speak/play with but i'll answer your question this time. I touched base with the captain of the club your refering to and that is all, but he's obviously already told you that.

I hope you understand if i dont answer any other footy questions regarding myself. Cue a post 'Vincent where are you playing this year' and a smiley face at the end of it.

Still cant believe a sports writer would go as far as to print actual posts in a paper, quite ridiculous, but if u've seen it in the Gaurdian and no one else's posting its not true, then fair enough.

Nope he is not lieing. I did play in the reserves in the end. My last game for Mounts was the seconds premiership

Fair enough Luke. Thought id get it from the horses mouth, thought this bloke was telling me fibs. Did you spend much time in the scoobs, how many games do you have to play to qualify for reserves finals?

Fair enough Luke. Thought id get it from the horses mouth, thought this bloke was telling me fibs. Did you spend much time in the scoobs, how many games do you have to play to qualify for reserves finals?

This is the Golden Rivers thread mate not a thread about me.

Have Quamby managed to snare any recruits for the upcoming season??

Nope he is not lieing. I did play in the reserves in the end. My last game for Mounts was the seconds premiership

Roota running around in the magoo's that cant be true , i would've presumed you've played atleast 200 AFL's with all your expert advice and knowledge of the game!

Mounts must of had a gun senior side to keep you out that year.

Andrew May to win the league medal by how far??? Great bit of recruiting by Wakool there

I hope this doesn't end up on the back page of the Northern Times, but I don't think it was that hard to recruit May. Had $1000 on his head and was shopping himself around, with no clubs around the Deni area that interested. Wakool took him for $800.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back