Remove this Banner Ad

junior27

Team Captain
Sep 16, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
All the talk is that with David Hale now all but a Hawk next season Buddy will now play a more roaming role around the ground.

I cannot believe that we are taking Buddy out of the forward line to replace him with David Hale and leave Roughy in the goal square.

David Hale and Roughy our new look kp forward line....how on earth are we going to kick a winning score?????

Hawks have lost the plot and confirmed this by giving up our compo pick for it.

Time will tell but this is a massive step backwards for mine !

My excitement has turned to rage !!!

I just hope we only have one more year to swallow this in..

We need lethal or the like to coach us 2012 and play a more kicking style game... lethal and others have continually mentioned the best game is kicking the ball long to our forwards..

IT should be just a simple game if you have the best FF in the comp.. and in Franklin's case a one in a generation player..

Who is saying this? will not believe anything until I see it!

We cannot have Buddy, Roughy and Hale in the same forward line.
Either:

Buddy plays further up the ground

or

Roughy goes to CHB

Neither option improves us.

This also leaves Lisle and Schoey without a position.

I just heard it to, f$#*ing ridiculous thinking if it happens, our best goal kicker won't be playing in the fwd line as much next year, sounds pretty stupid.

We cannot have Buddy, Roughy and Hale in the same forward line.
Either:

Buddy plays further up the ground

or

Roughy goes to CHB

Neither option improves us.

This also leaves Lisle and Schoey without a position.

Spot on and Hale is hardly an improvement in our forward line.
Roughy and Buddy is one of the most potent forward lines in the competition and is our best since Dunstall/Brereton.

Roughy/Hale...not in top 5 forward lines in comp.
Buddy/Hale...meeeh starts well bud falls away after Buddy :)

I still don't get the Hale decision

All the talk is that with David Hale now all but a Hawk next season Buddy will now play a more roaming role around the ground.

I cannot believe that we are taking Buddy out of the forward line to replace him with David Hale and leave Roughy in the goal square.

David Hale and Roughy our new look kp forward line....how on earth are we going to kick a winning score?????

Gee some people talk some absolute crap on this forum.

What are you the coach?? Stop being so old school. Clarko will play Buddy, Hale, Rough, whoever, where he thinks they can help the team win. Notice I said TEAM!!!

2011 is a unknown. Our biggest problem we need to fix, is not our playing list, its ATTITUDE!! We can match the best, just have to be more consistant.

You rotate Hale in and out of the forward line to create mismatches. If opposition clubs try to compensate by switching a key defender on to Hale then Hale drags them away from the goal square and makes room for Roughead with a smaller opponent. If Hale gets a smaller defender, then you plonk him in the goal square.

If teams load up with 3 key defenders to play the Hawks, then Hale plays ruck and the Hawks take advantage with a smaller quicker player.

I can't see Hale having any real detrimental effect on Franklins game at all. Roughead is going to be the one that benefits mostly from Hales inclusion, along with the Hawks onballers.

I think the Hale doubters will be tempering their comments by mid 2011.

This is possible but look at the source of this. Terry Wallace. How has he done as a coach?
Earlier in the week he swore that Roughy would play CHB!

Have faith in the coaching team!

This is possible but look at the source of this. Terry Wallace. How has he done as a coach?
Earlier in the week he swore that Roughy would play CHB!

Have faith in the coaching team!

Well said Molly.

And anyways, having franklin drifting around the half forward line would be failry dangerous I would have thought. Who could possibly match up with him there??? Seriously who??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't stress Junior27 - If Hale is named as a Forward then he probably won't even play in the Forwardline - he will end up mostly on the wing with bursts through the Half Backline... Sure, he will probably kick Goal of the Year, but he will only achieve 60% of what he is capable of...

Hope we can finish Top 10 this year. Wouldn't mind dropping a few close ones to spud teams either! (End Sarcasm).

It's very simple, and based on the St Kilda model:

Forward Line: David Hale (Superstar)

Every one else is on the half back line, kicking the ball sideways to each other.

Well, it got the Saints to 2 losing Grand finals!

Don't stress Junior27 - If Hale is named as a Forward then he probably won't even play in the Forwardline - he will end up mostly on the wing with bursts through the Half Backline... Sure, he will probably kick Goal of the Year, but he will only achieve 60% of what he is capable of...

Hope we can finish Top 10 this year. Wouldn't mind dropping a few close ones to spud teams either! (End Sarcasm).

Nice... feel the same way... How do any of us get a hold of napoleon? mannered of course.

Will people relax.

Hale's role is to Ruck during the game and rest up forward and add a very tall target. It does create headaches for the opposition. Hale can take a grab around the ground too. Basically, with Renouf's improvement in taking marks, it adds an extra dimension to our game, along with another big strong body.

He really was played out of position by the Roos. Trying to turn a Ruck into a permanent fwd is stupid. On the other hand, Hale is a proven goal-kicking Ruckman. There aren't many Rucks that pull this off.

We were all complaining how we were getting smashed when Renouf was tiring. This won't be the case now. Seriously, we can't expect Skipper to be much more than a fill in. Forget Tails. Great clubman, but not up to it.

Big Max is still in the high risk category and our young Rucks are about 3 yrs away.

So are we supposed to go into next season with one Ruck.

Buddy and Roughy will still be our two fwds and the versatitlity of Hale will strengthen both the Ruck division and goal kicking division. Geeeeeez.

Talk about panic stations.:rolleyes:

Honestly don't know why people are getting so worked up. Keep in mind that Collingwood is the benchmark so if we look at their goal kickers:

Didak - 41 goals
Cloke - 38 "
Dawes - 30 "
Jolly - 24 "

Hale is no Jolly but brings the ability to kick goals as a ruckman. Also, the Budstar playing a HF/Wing/Mid role sounds pretty exciting to me and I am guessing but his work outside 50 was as much to do with his AA selection as his goal kicking. Does need to polish his ball skills and awareness and decision making under pressure.

2011 set up may be Rough as the focal point up front with support from Lisle (a la Dawes) with Hale floating forward when he can and Buddy screaming down the wing or through the corridor kicking them on the run from 60M out. How good is that! Buddy wins Brownlow, Rough kicks 100 and we win the flag. Moral!

Anyway, Let us back the club on their decisions because they have obviously spent quite a bit of time planning team needs and structures for 2011.

Praise Galon for his accuracy.

We are trading for a 1st Ruckman (better than Renouf now) for pick 22-26 when considering all the compo picks being used simultaneously if they are held. This is cheap in my opinion. He may also kick a goal or two.

Hawthorn are not going to let a 70+ goalkicker like Franklin spend a lot of time away from goals. But just like now Franklin is very useful when on the ball but who is a forward target then - Wayde Skipper?.

p.s. Hawthorn are also not going to place a 50+ goalkicker such as Roughhead at CHB - It's time to let this one go folks.

Will people relax.

Hale's role is to Ruck during the game and rest up forward and add a very tall target. It does create headaches for the opposition. Hale can take a grab around the ground too. Basically, with Renouf's improvement in taking marks, it adds an extra dimension to our game, along with another big strong body.

He really was played out of position by the Roos. Trying to turn a Ruck into a permanent fwd is stupid. On the other hand, Hale is a proven goal-kicking Ruckman. There aren't many Rucks that pull this off.

We were all complaining how we were getting smashed when Renouf was tiring. This won't be the case now. Seriously, we can't expect Skipper to be much more than a fill in. Forget Tails. Great clubman, but not up to it.

Big Max is still in the high risk category and our young Rucks are about 3 yrs away.

So are we supposed to go into next season with one Ruck.

Buddy and Roughy will still be our two fwds and the versatitlity of Hale will strengthen both the Ruck division and goal kicking division. Geeeeeez.

Talk about panic stations.:rolleyes:

100% on the Mark:thumbsu:

I'm not sure if people realise that we are actually trading for a ruckman, that can pinch hit in the forward line. He is an upgrade on any of our current ruckman, and is essentially a poor mans Ottens or Jolly.

I'm not quite sure how that translates to Franklin being permanently moved out of our forward line.​

Its not illegal to have 3 talls in the forward line.

In fact, when this did occur in '10, we were very damaging. It only happened when the resting ruck was there.

It works because Buddy and Ruff are quite good on the ground for big guys

But there is schoey.

if the ruffman goes defence more often, Buddy hale and Schoey sounds a lot better than Buddy and Schoey

And for the person who said leigh matthews - the first thing he did at brisane was send leppitsch back to CHF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back