Up the Arse! Goons thread Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either way Arsene has to take some responsibility for the loss last night. Did anyone look at the team sheet named and expect anything different? You can blame injuries all you want but one must ask why start Ramsey when Chamakh/Bendtner are wasting away on the bench. Time had come to change formaiton, he didnt do it and it cost you the game in the end

We could play any formation but it'd still mean Denilson would've started. Massive liability.

He was pretty much West Brom's DM in that first half. Song needs to recover and stay fit to keep him out of the side.

I think we all need to stop deluding ourselves by believing we are a shot at the title. Seriously guys, I want it as much as you all, but when blokes like squillaci, almunia, denislon are playing as well as a severely underdone and lacking in confidence Ramsey we are not going to get the points we need it. I hate to say it, but I think we will finish third.

Farq i hope i am wrong - i just think we are in horrible form and with squilacci and almunia likely to play the remainder of the season its not going to stand up.

Wenger needs to clean out some at the end of the year and throw some money at another centre half and another centre midfielder. Look at Luiz - how much has he steadied chelsea. Exactly what we need. Unfortunately, it wont happen and we will be back in this position next season.

Anyone who thinks we can survive without Cesc is a ****ing idiot.

We've been down this road so often lately. You're spot on, retaining Cesc needs to be a major priority.

Whatever that takes needs to be done.

Well we are five points down with a game in hand and United still to come at home. The title is still in our hands and the international break is probably coming at a good time to freshen up mentally and hopefully get a few players back after it instead of losing players like we usually do...

Yep, we've still got our fate in our own hands. 9 straight wins from here and the title is ours, no matter what Man U do in their other 7 encounters away from Emirates.

the schwarz would've been great, but even by arsenal injury standards, no one would've thought that we'd have 75% of our goal keepers out with season ending injuries

Do you guys wish you'd thrown more cash at Schwarzer now?

Don't think fulham was going to let him leave? Anyway the polish lads were pretty good, It was reasonable for wenger to believe that both of them wouldn't get LTI. However any man with half a brain would of known TV would be out for the season, there is no excuses for not buying another CB or bringing back bartley earlier.

Frimpong is back in training :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Beast of a player. It's a really shame he got injured as he could of played dm when song has been out.

Id look at those fixtures and be worried TBH. Your next 3 games are against some of the better set piece teams in the league atm. Blackburns only source of goals atm is long balls to Chris Samba and Jason Roberts big black heads. Blackpool score a ton from set piece situations because of Charlies sweet left boot and geniunely smart runs. Liverpool dont have much besides Andy Carroll but whoever marks him is going to be very important to the overall result.

Its all up to the attack really. Thankfully yours is probably the best in the league

Cesc and Theo returning will be a big boost. We've been woeful without them.

Arshavin has filled in alright for Theo but it's the rubbish we've had replacing Cesc that's destroyed us. Song has been average this season but he must return if only to keep Denilson out of the side.

We're in the middle of a long unbeaten run in the league (12 games I think). If we can keep it going until the end of the season, it'll go a long way towards winning the title. Need to start stringing wins together though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saint nick injured already I think.

Djourou out for a minimum of 4 weeks - hopefully he'd be fit for Man Utd in May. I'd be very pleased if our season stays alive until then TBH ...

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/djourou-out-for-minimum-of-four-weeks

thats great news. but yes as you said the season could be over by then....we just need to get back on the winners list next week, and string some wins together. the liverpool and tottenham games are massive too, its been a while since we've won at white hart lane

I don't know why people say we lack leadership. Arshavin, Nasri, Rambo all captaining this week. With Vermaelen, Rosicky also previous/current but not playing captains. I think this team just needs to win something before we start winning things. God I hope we win the PL.

Really a shame we didn't win the pointless cup.

I don't know why people say we lack leadership. Arshavin, Nasri, Rambo all captaining this week. With Vermaelen, Rosicky also previous/current but not playing captains. I think this team just needs to win something before we start winning things. God I hope we win the PL.

Really a shame we didn't win the pointless cup.

Just because they captained doesn't mean they're good at it.

Nasri is only captain because of the world cup shenanigans. Ramsey is Welsh. And Arshavin led his team to a glorious draw against the mighty Armenia.

arsenal.com simply say he will be assessed when he returns to arsenal by our medical team. with our track record, who knows how bad the injury could turn out to be...

Walcott, Fab, Song and Diaby return this weekend. Fitness test for RVP, Bendtner and Ramsey.

Denilson the only definite fresh injury and will miss for a little while.

International break came at the perfect time and hopefully there is some fight left in them for the race to the finish.

Walcott, Fab, Song and Diaby return this weekend. Fitness test for RVP, Bendtner and Ramsey.

Denilson the only definite fresh injury and will miss for a little while.

International break came at the perfect time and hopefully there is some fight left in them for the race to the finish.
Ive never been so happpy......:):):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back