FTA-TV The Office (US) (2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: The Office (u.s)

I dont like gabe much either, but he has made me laugh a few times.

... like when he was telling Jim about how he is uncomfortable with nudity at the Gym.

Overall I think there have been some significant moments in the show that have contributed to the gradual decline since the start of season 4. In chronological order

1. Jim and Pam getting together - almost in one show went from being two of the best characters on tv, to the two most annoying. I sometimes feel like the writers know that people are really tired of them, like when deangelo reacted to them always going on about their annoying kid and when the guy at the child care place told them that perhaps they arent as nice as they think they are. From what I can tell, Jim and Pam have no friends and I'm not surprised. So smug

2. Writers Strike in the middle of Series 4 - halted some momentum and the show never really recovered in that season.

3. Sabre - Ridiculous and Kathy Bates' character is completely over the top.

4. Steve Carell leaving. The show was all about Michael. Steve Carell's acting was near flawless for 7 straight seasons and surely the writers wouldnt be so ignorant to think that the show can recover without a high quality replacement.

Although I will still watch it ever week, I remember thinking during this week's episode that they don't even pretend to do work anymore and if it was the real world it seems like every person would deserve to be fired.

It just seems that it is getting more and more ridiculous each week (Dwight firing a gun in the office???).
There have been some good things though that have added to the show

1. Michael Scott Paper company and Erin becoming the receptionist
2. Michael and Holly - Michael celebrating in his office when he found out Holly didnt get engaged was classic.

I think Erin is probably the best and most likeable character now in the show, her behaviour with and around Andy is so sweet and she delivers some great lines.

rant over, hopefully the writers can get it back on the track next season.

PS. Dwight's reference to Uday Hussein was classic Dwight.

they need to find a big star to come onto the show. the ratings are going downhill fast.

they need to find a big star to come onto the show. the ratings are going downhill fast.
Surely it wasn't just Michael Scott/Steve Carell that people watched the show for? It's watched because it's humourous no?:confused: People are honestly too stupid.

I dont think the necessarily have to find a big star, the show just needs a bit of plot direction. All the major plot lines have revolved around Michael ... and it is going to struggle if it relies on celebrity cameos

Around $50-60k per ep for the first two seasons, then S3 & 4 he hit $175k an ep. Season 5 and 6 he was on $297k an ep. Wouldn't be shocked if he was offered double that to stay on another season.

Still nothing compared to Charlie Sheen at $1.25 mil an ep, especially for that beyond s**t show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im sure im not the only one that teared up with Jim and then with Pam at the airport.

Yep, I agree with this. After reading this just over a week ago, I didn't expect his leaving to be as emotional as you suggested but watching the scene with Jim and Michael in his office; I had a major lump in my throat. I thought it was genuine emotional between the two actors as well.

I was a bit disappointed with how he left. I understand why he left but was a bit disappointed with him just walking off into the sunset to follow Holly. IMO, it was true Michael Scott style. He always did over romantic things and his love for Holly did make sense for following her but they should have given him a better exit strategy after 19 years at Dunder Mifflin.

I hope they bring him back for a wedding episode to wrap the Michael Scott, Holly Flax and the office relationship up in season 8. I was hoping Michaels last words would hve been a 'That's what she said joke'. Oh well.

Ferrell is exactly as I thought he'd be. I can see what they are doing with his character and I thought the final scene with the cake was great, but hes just not the right bloke for this show at all. Glad its only temporary.

Yep, didn't like Deangelo Vickers as IMO he appeared to be a package of a few different Ferrell characters wrapped up into one.

IMO they need a no name actor take over who can make the manager position his/her own.

The final episode of the season hasn’t been screamed yet? Has it?

they should have game him the charlie sheen pay packet.

But didn't he left to spend more time with his family?

$275,000 x 24 = $6,600,000.

I'm sure he's not struggling for money ATM so if he left for personal reasons, more money won't change that.

I hope they bring him back for a wedding episode to wrap the Michael Scott, Holly Flax and the office relationship up in season 8. I was hoping Michaels last words would hve been a 'That's what she said joke'. Oh well.

I read that he's probably going to do some cameos next season, but that was a while ago. I have a feeling he'd be keen to do a one-off wedding episode.

The final episode of the season hasn’t been screamed yet? Has it?

Double episode this Friday to finish the season.

I miss Michael. Yes Im straight lol.

With that said there is enough talent in the show for it to continue a little while longer.

Creed needs to be tapped into a lot more. Please the show wont last more than another 2 seasons max IMO.

Let Creed be Creed and give him more storylines.

A Jim and Pam break up needs to happen, lol would make me happy.

Something from left field but having Charlie Sheen as Manager for a few episodes would be a huge and interesting ratings boost?

Can you imagine him replacing Erin with a super hot bimbo? lol :p

I can't believe people don't like Gabe. I love everything he does, from the nervousness and awkwardness to his attempts at authority.

just saw the finale
i hated the canadites. I wouldn't mind if William Shatner is the manager. his tv show got axed.

Did not enjoy the finale at all, wtf happened with the good run of eps.

None of the candidates were any good, frankly Andy should be made manager as he seems the only one qualified for it. Jim Carey's 15 second appearance was a waste, having Creed as manager made me hate him a bit. I love Creed and his random one liners but having an actual part in the show didn't feel right, seemed to be more of an idiot compared to the usual weird and wacky Creed. Like wise with Kevin and the alphabet thing, he's portrayed as stupid but that was borderline *ed. Dwight obviously won't get the job but the writers seem to think we all believe he might. Angela and the Senator, kinda boring. Apparently Catherine Tate's character is going to be chosen, basically female version of Michael Scott, don't know how I feel about that one.

Highlight was seeing Gabe go, that's about it really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back