Where can I watch the GF around the world?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh same here, just moved to Orlando, Florida and would like something close by.
Fort Lauderdale is too far

I watched the 2004 Grand Final in Bangkok at a place called the Bus Stop a bar in Sukhumvit and also watched some finals at an Australian embassy club in Ventiane in Laos.

I know anywhere in Europe you can pay a small fee and watch it on LiveAFL tv....been watching all games live for the whole year, and then as many replays as you want within 24 hours of the final whistle.

We get a better service here then they do in Melbourne!!! Disgraceful really.

Might watch a replay of Geelong v Hawthorn right now actually.

I know anywhere in Europe you can pay a small fee and watch it on LiveAFL tv....been watching all games live for the whole year, and then as many replays as you want within 24 hours of the final whistle.

We get a better service here then they do in Melbourne!!! Disgraceful really.

Might watch a replay of Geelong v Hawthorn right now actually.

In the UK (and maybe Ireland too) you dont get every game live on Liveafl.tv , for example this week the Collingwood v WC game was not available live (the others were). I believe this is because of contract with pay tv in the UK (ESPN).

I suspect that the GF will NOT be streamed live by liveafl.tv in the UK because the tv rights contract. It is on ESPN live in the UK, I just checked.

ESPN2 is only picking up coverage from 1am EST, so from the second quarter onwards, due to an MLS game they are contracted in showing. The whole thing will be shown with 1 hr pre-game on ESPN Classic from 11:30pm EST. Luckily, my girlfriend has the channel, so will be going over to hers on Friday night to watch it, fire up the grill, etc.

Correct. It was the same last year. You watch Classic till quarter time, then switch to ESPN2.

For those who prefer to watch it in the comfort of your own home, Eurosport2 will be showing it live in Europe.

Also Omnisport TV are the AFL's official global broacaster. Online stream cost $5.99 but is NOT available in the countries mentioned below.

<snip>

I thought i was liveafl.tv except for games contracted to a local network? But anyway, in the USA the GF will be on ESPN Classic, ESPN2 (late start) and ESPN3 (online stream). Between liveafl.tv and espn3 I've been able to watch any games live all year.

Unlike last year, it appears ESPN2 will be carrying the game from the start. 12:00 am Eastern here (USA) on EPSN2 and online on ESPN3. ESPN3 has a preview show on at 7:30pm Eastern.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought i was liveafl.tv except for games contracted to a local network? But anyway, in the USA the GF will be on ESPN Classic, ESPN2 (late start) and ESPN3 (online stream). Between liveafl.tv and espn3 I've been able to watch any games live all year.

Thanks for the ESPN3 advice. Ive just been using liveafl.tv all year. It seems as though wce vs carl is not being covered on liveafl.tv. . Espn3 has that game tonight. GO EAGLES !!

Thanks for the ESPN3 advice. Ive just been using liveafl.tv all year. It seems as though wce vs carl is not being covered on liveafl.tv. . Espn3 has that game tonight. GO EAGLES !!
I can help you out, send me a pm with your email or allow PMs. Anyone else need help watching the game I can explain how to pay with liveafl.tv <-- the pay part is a lie

the kookaburra at the marina in nice france shows the grand final, theres also a bar in santorini and one in venice that showed afl finals but not the grand final

It IS on on liveafl.tv....as are all games..

It IS on on liveafl.tv....as are all games..

All games were not on liveafl.tv. It depends on what region you're in and which local networks in your region also have games. For example, in the USA ESPN3 carries 2 or 3 games each week and those games are not on liveafl.tv in the USA but all the others are.

So I'll be on a plane from Hong Kong to London while the GF is on. I know I won't be watching it but is there something like live scores or updates or something? Or am I going to be relegated to asking the attendant for scores every 10 minutes? :p

So I'll be on a plane from Hong Kong to London while the GF is on. I know I won't be watching it but is there something like live scores or updates or something? Or am I going to be relegated to asking the attendant for scores every 10 minutes? :p
If you'll have web access on the plane then obviously you can get live streams.

All games were not on liveafl.tv. It depends on what region you're in and which local networks in your region also have games. For example, in the USA ESPN3 carries 2 or 3 games each week and those games are not on liveafl.tv in the USA but all the others are.

I didn't realise there were regional differences...I guess I am lucky here in Switzerland...I can see every game every week ( plus replays whenever I want )....just watched the first Collingwood v Geelong game last night.

I guess I get the lot because there are no regional networks carrying the games here in central Europe.

The GF is not such a problem - the Prelim (Geel v WC) IS :mad:… I live in Germany. According to the schedules at this stage, it looks like it’s not on ESPN UK (more important to show some 30 minute sports wrap-up shows followed by a replay of a Serie A match :confused:, Eurosport 2 is only showing 1.5 hours of highlights from 1000 CEST, and ESPN in USA doesn’t appear to have any coverage at all. As for “LiveAFL.TV" - the website currently shows nothing scheduled in the next 14 days! Sick of nuff-nuffs being put in charge of this sort of stuff - whether from the AFL or websites. Had a look earlier in the year at the “LiveAFL.TV” website because I considered subscribing - I was put off when I saw them advertising “Kick-off @ …” DO they think Aussie Rules is the same as soccer or rugby?! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

The GF is not such a problem - the Prelim (Geel v WC) IS :mad:… I live in Germany. According to the schedules at this stage, it looks like it’s not on ESPN UK (more important to show some 30 minute sports wrap-up shows followed by a replay of a Serie A match :confused:, Eurosport 2 is only showing 1.5 hours of highlights from 1000 CEST, and ESPN in USA doesn’t appear to have any coverage at all. As for “LiveAFL.TV" - the website currently shows nothing scheduled in the next 14 days! Sick of nuff-nuffs being put in charge of this sort of stuff - whether from the AFL or websites. Had a look earlier in the year at the “LiveAFL.TV” website because I considered subscribing - I was put off when I saw them advertising “Kick-off @ …” DO they think Aussie Rules is the same as soccer or rugby?! :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
I'm in the same boat, I will be in Austria when the Prelim is on. But a few weeks ago I was in Turkey and happened to wander past an English Pub in Istanbul just as they were showing the Geelong vs. Collingwood rd 24 game live.
It wasn't being shown on Eurosport 2 but it turned out that the Turkish bloke who ran the bar was a Collingwood fan :confused: and was getting the feed from a Middle Eastern/African channel called OSN Sport 4.
You might be able to find a live stream from them as it looks like they are showing it live...
http://www.osn.com/onlineguide/sched...rts_en_gb.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back