What Car Do You Drive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing wrong with that Ryz :thumbsu:

Common problem with these models is that rear bumper gets loose very easily. Ive really run it into the ground the last couple of years.

Digital speedometer is pretty cool though.

2000 Model Land Rover Freelander Turbo Diesel.
Beast. Just a beautiful car.

Also have an old 1982 Nissan Patrol SWB Turbo Diesel too. Starts first time, everytime. Probably the most reliable car on the planet (for its age!!).

People, My family are heavily involved in the Diesel Mechanical industry, I plead with you to switch to a diesel car. Australia are so alow at changing over. Take England for example, probably 70-80% of their new cars are run on diesel. So much more economical than petrol.

Also the new Holden (Vauxhall) Astra's come in diesel. It's the way forward people. I seriously get upset at the sight of P-platers driving around in these big XR6's and big commodores which just guzzle fuel like theirs no tommorrow.

My Freelander (Land Rover) is a 2.5L Turbo Diesel and uses 7.7 litres of fuel/100kms. Unbeatable for a car of its class. Compare this to the similar Nissan X-Trail (2.2L Petrol), it uses 12.8 litres of fuel/100kms. (Almost double!!)

2000 Model Land Rover Freelander Turbo Diesel.
Beast. Just a beautiful car.

Also have an old 1982 Nissan Patrol SWB Turbo Diesel too. Starts first time, everytime. Probably the most reliable car on the planet (for its age!!).

People, My family are heavily involved in the Diesel Mechanical industry, I plead with you to switch to a diesel car. Australia are so alow at changing over. Take England for example, probably 70-80% of their new cars are run on diesel. So much more economical than petrol.

Also the new Holden (Vauxhall) Astra's come in diesel. It's the way forward people. I seriously get upset at the sight of P-platers driving around in these big XR6's and big commodores which just guzzle fuel like theirs no tommorrow.

My Freelander (Land Rover) is a 2.5L Turbo Diesel and uses 7.7 litres of fuel/100kms. Unbeatable for a car of its class. Compare this to the similar Nissan X-Trail (2.2L Petrol), it uses 12.8 litres of fuel/100kms. (Almost double!!)
Methinks you undo all your good work having cars running on diesel by having 2 4WDs. So jump off your high-horse sunshine.

Methinks you undo all your good work having cars running on diesel by having 2 4WDs. So jump off your high-horse sunshine.

Ok, well my Mum drives a 2007 Holden Astra (Diesel), my Dad drives a Mitsubishi Triton GLX (4x2) (Diesel) and my Brother drives a VW Golf (Diesel).
Is that a bit better for you? I know you are a hard man to impress.

1992 Nissan Pulsar SSS

Ripping little reliable car with a fair bit of zip, had it since the day I got my licence and still going strong 4 years later.

Ok, well my Mum drives a 2007 Holden Astra (Diesel), my Dad drives a Mitsubishi Triton GLX (4x2) (Diesel) and my Brother drives a VW Golf (Diesel).
Is that a bit better for you? I know you are a hard man to impress.
Thanks for sharing your life story, but I stand by my original comments. Someone who owns 2 4WDs has no right getting on their high horse in regards to what other people drive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been driving around in one of these the last 6 months or so:
S1SkczsK74ASVPpQqsaJKGGieOyONnPwHA_o.jpg

Pretty cool little cars really. If any environmentally conscious types are curious about this fast growing program, check out: www.car2go.com

Not having to worry about rego, insurance, petrol, etc is brilliant. Parking couldn't be eaisier in one of those things either. Hopefully we get this down under in a decade or 2...

That'd be perfect for those tight city streets of the European cities yotr.

I'm still in the 2002 Red Mustang Cobra Convertible (most of the time). I was all lined up to update it to the 2012 or 13 version until the missus said "I'm pregnant!" The good news was that it gave me the opportunity to shop for a new car for her to drive (most of the time) which could hold the dogs and baby as well as all their gear. Ended up settling for a 2010 Black on Black Range Rover Sport (the twin turbo diesel V6 number, which ARDENSTREETforever would be pleased with) riding on 20's with all the options. It's gangster enough for my liking, and sensible enough for hers! Win win! Oh, and with the black V-RO.005 plates to top it off of course.

Originally Posted by Lidge
Nothing too flash.

2006 Commodore
2000 Honda Odessy

Wouldn't mind having me one of those Audi R8's.

Same here bigfella, and they come in convertible versions now too. I still can't believe Lidge isn't here.

His lounge is, and let's make the most of it! :thumbsu:

Same here bigfella, and they come in convertible versions now too. I still can't believe Lidge isn't here.

His lounge is, and let's make the most of it! :thumbsu:

Hear, Hear T'toes.

Am saving my pennies at the moment for a blue (as close they make to royal blue of course) Mazda 3 and will be using the club membership for the extra sports package and what not you get from the mazda dealer.

images

Just want something nice to drive and light on fuel with decent boot space. Also being Australians new #1 selling car the 3's will be insanely easy to replace parts on, and by all reports theyre the best drive in their class/price range.

All Mazda's in the Jay-Z family.

Myself - 2009 Mazda 6 Luxury Sports
Wife - 2011 Mazda 2

The purchase of the Mazda2 with the membership benefit was what got me a day at Arden street where i got a tour of the facilities and met all the boys etc, so very happy with that purchase

Bumped...

2011 HSV Clubsport R8 with huge Walkinshaw exhaust and 20 inch rims.

Drinks like a fish and eats Prius's if they get in the way but lordy does it make an awesome sound!

Nice car WaynesW :thumbsu:

I have an 2004 XR6 turbo with XCAL3, injectors, tune etc - just under 400kw. Scary to drive in the wet, and the fuel bill is astonishing..... and had it 5 years but still have no desire to sell it!

Nice car WaynesW :thumbsu:

I have an 2004 XR6 turbo with XCAL3, injectors, tune etc - just under 400kw. Scary to drive in the wet, and the fuel bill is astonishing..... and had it 5 years but still have no desire to sell it!
I had an FG XR6 Turbo before the clubbie.

Stock so nowhere near your 400kw but it was still a handful in the wet or dry (undertyred).

Traded it after it blew the gearbox after 2 years (under warranty - the cooler split and dropped water into the gearbox oil) - As I decided I had enough of Fords and their ongoing issues.

I had an FG XR6 Turbo before the clubbie.

Stock so nowhere near your 400kw but it was still a handful in the wet or dry (undertyred).

Traded it after it blew the gearbox after 2 years (under warranty - the cooler split and dropped water into the gearbox oil) - As I decided I had enough of Fords and their ongoing issues.

Sorry to hear the Ford trouble (not that uncommon with ZF gearbox's)....but I think it's more luck of the draw than manufacturer mate. Mine has been trouble free - apart from a blown turbo, which was my fault as I didn't install a high-flow line - done nearly 200,000Ks and still hammers!

Yeah, I drive it very slowly in the wet - but in the dry I have no issue at all so yeah, maybe tyres (and tuning). FG still go hard stock.

But who knows with reliability I guess, enjoy the Clubsport and hope it's trouble free!

Sorry to hear the Ford trouble (not that uncommon with ZF gearbox's)....but I think it's more luck of the draw than manufacturer mate. Mine has been trouble free - apart from a blown turbo, which was my fault as I didn't install a high-flow line - done nearly 200,000Ks and still hammers!

Yeah, I drive it very slowly in the wet - but in the dry I have no issue at all so yeah, maybe tyres (and tuning). FG still go hard stock.

But who knows with reliability I guess, enjoy the Clubsport and hope it's trouble free!
Yeah I hear you but it wasn't the only problem I had - faulty heater which meant they had to pull the dash out (and broke the glove box), issues with diff bushes, etc. Plus having to pay for a loan car each time it was in for warranty repairs really pissed me off. Plus it was the 3rd Falcon I have had, and had stupid problems with all of them so time for a change!

And BMW don't have problems with the ZF. The issue is Ford's cheap cooling setup for the gearbox (Clubbie is manual anyway!)

Don't get me wrong - the Turbo was an awesome car for the money performance wise. However Ford need to fix a few things like quality control, rear traction and interior (driving position all wrong)...and it still looked like a black taxi with bigger wheels!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back