What Car Do You Drive?

Remove this Banner Ad

My missus just got one of these as a work car. True story.
holden-commodore-redline-ute.jpg

Have an Alfa Giulietta at the moment as my company car but the lease is up next month so have a Golf GTD on order as it's replacement. I'll miss the Alfa, the engine in particular (moving from petrol to diesel for the first time) but the Golf will be a lot more comfortable inside.

Much like yourself, I had an Alfa Romeo as a company car previously but mine was the 159. Fun car to drive, especially as a manual transmission. Company changed the car policy and I moved into a Ford Mondeo Titanium Diesel which felt like driving in quicksand compared to the Alfa.

When I was made redundant a few months back (after 27 years) I decided a splurge was in order and bought a brand new BMW 328i with the M Sports package. Best car I've owned by a mile.

She's a quality reduction engineer at Ford.

Has she survived the staff trimming FoMoCo have done in the past year see see?

Speaking of cars we drive, I've obviously been driving my 2002 Red Mustang V8 Convertible as a daily driver since May 2002 and I'm updating to the new 2015 Stang this year. I may have to change the avatar to match of course. I'm apparently 3rd in line in Aus for the updated one, although the upgrades I have planned may delay that a tad. I've ordered the 2015 GT Mustang Premium Convertible in Black with black rims but will be having it upgraded to a Roush Stage 3 version, as depicted in the vid below.

Can't wait. Giddy up baaaaaaaby!

Speaking of cars we drive, I've obviously been driving my 2002 Red Mustang V8 Convertible as a daily driver since May 2002 and I'm updating to the new 2015 Stang this year. I may have to change the avatar to match of course. I'm apparently 3rd in line in Aus for the updated one, although the upgrades I have planned may delay that a tad. I've ordered the 2015 GT Mustang Premium Convertible in Black with black rims but will be having it upgraded to a Roush Stage 3 version, as depicted in the vid below.

You might know a bit more about this than i do TT, so here goes.

Back in the mid to late 70's my old man was supposed to have owned a '68(i think) Californian Fastback. Apparently at the time there were only 7 in Australia(so the story goes)

He sold it a few years later for 4-5k and then brought a souped up black HT Holden(a car i do remember- very nice)

Are they still rare, if indeed as the story goes there was only 7 on our shores at that time?

Cheers

You might know a bit more about this than i do TT, so here goes.

Back in the mid to late 70's my old man was supposed to have owned a '68(i think) Californian Fastback. Apparently at the time there were only 7 in Australia(so the story goes)

He sold it a few years later for 4-5k and then brought a souped up black HT Holden(a car i do remember- very nice)

Are they still rare, if indeed as the story goes there was only 7 on our shores at that time?

Cheers

They'd be rare down here for sure mate. One in excellent condition with matching numbers and stock parts especially so. The '68 and particularly the '69 GT fastbacks are considered the cream of the crop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They still know how to design and build muscle cars in the States. Died a long time ago here imo

Have you thought of Royal Blue with white rims? lol

Have you thought of Royal Blue with white rims? lol

Yeah nah, I'm going for the midnight look with darkened windows as well. I'll have the Meguires spray and wipe cloths going constantly to keep it clean no doubt.

upload_2015-12-12_12-50-9.png

Pic of mine after a polishing up! Heading up to 300,000Ks but the (near 400Kw) 6 Turbo still runs pretty sweet....

I'm expecting the new Mustang is yours as part of this Australian delivery Twinkletoes ?!

upload_2015-12-12_12-51-53.png

Last edited:
Nice work mate! I love to see cars well cared for.

My new black 2015 Mustang GT convertible wasn't in the first shipment unfortunately but it is set to depart Baltimore on the 15th Dec on The Oberon ship, with a Melbourne ETA of 18th Jan. Then it'll be through Quality Control and have whatever mods I choose added before I get my hands on it. Gonna replace the exhaust, do window tint, new lower springs, maybe heat extractors etc. it'll arrive at the docks looking exactly like the black GT convertible which you see in this pic from the shipment you posted a pic from.

hJPWaIleCBwSSVFEQKknF2fFJ7AA7Mlv1dBsq2Te6-M9INNANWKSHlSPIgCQeieaqoCRL5VIMXdd75_Juc5h-8YesOVYSqRDMXQGoLI5l232Sf3-xenAn7tUiPU0jv1ndrGOeyyCIYKE-sc31ZVrSEKskSzIMdCP=w491-h300-nc

Just in front of the race red coupe you see in the foreground.

I hope to sell my ruby red 2001 Mustang Cobra Convertible first though as I only have garage space for one soft top. I'm having the roadworthy done right now before advertising it.

Nice work there Twinkletoes. Bet you can't wait to get your hands on it.....but at the same time with your upgrades is definitely worth the wait.

Black is always a nice choice, I think Black and Red are two best colours for the Stang.

Is yours going to be manual or auto?

ps; I love this Mustang GT also, shame not bringing it to Aus!!

Last edited:
Is yours going to be manual or auto?

I ordered a manual, just like my current one. That was so long ago that Ford was yet to decide on the options they'd include in the RHD car being exported to the world. Once they did it turned out some peanut at Ford Aus decided to make us the only market on earth not to get a manual option for the convertible. F***ing fuming I was but my complaints went nowhere. We're also the only market on earth to miss out on the line lock feature, thanks to us being the worst Nanny State on the planet.

To cap it off we miss out on a heap of other features I wanted, like 20" rims, hood scoop and heat extractors (due to European pedestrian laws FFS) plus the premium 12 speaker sound system with amp and subwoofer. Instead we can only get the basic crap 9 speaker Shaker system with amp but no subby. We also get bigger side mirrors. Oh, but we do get the full Performance Pack which in th US is an extra. We miss out on sequential turn signalling at the front and back, which looks awesome, and the daytime running lights we get aren't the magnificent Mustang tribar lights but shitty fog lights with the tribars being reflectors only.

I'll be doing all possible to rectify as many of the missing bits as the law and my wallet will allow.

The exhaust change will be the first and I'm looking at the ones below plus an Axle back one ATM. The sound is sensational!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back