Oppo Camp Round 1 - Vs North Melbourne | The Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is tomorrow night going to be the first leg of Brent Harvey's 'one year too long' tour? Despite the fact he might still be one of their best?

Starting what thread? What guy?

Some bloke on the North board started a thread asking whether we had the list 'pedigree' (high enough draft picks basically) to win a flag. Unsurprisingly he was shouted down for it and now I see he has a red card. Might have got it for posting stuff elsewhere (I dunno) but knowing what the North board is like it wouldn't surprise me if he got carded for daring to go against the grain.

I found this is in the other thread but didn't want to reply to it there in case somebody took it as a troll.

What will happen? They will get crunched and go on to almost win the match for their team single-handedly thereafter, just as Hannebury did?

:confused:

just because Hannebery is a tough cookie doesn't mean he didn't just get the s**t smashed out of him by Hurley. Not every player is getting up from that. If anything, it proves the point. Did you see how hard Hurley hit that contest?? Hannebery's eyes were bulging, he looked like he'd been hit by a locomotive.

Yeah, we won that match.

Only because Goodes missed a gimme, and certainly not for lack of output by Hannebury.

Boy do I have time for Jack and Hannebury. Name a club which wouldn't take them. I reckon they'd both make your starting midfield alongside Watson to be honest.

But I digress.

I'm wondering how Bomber fans will react if Ryder finishes with <10 possessions and 0 goals to his name tomorrow night. Will you write him off altogether as you have written off Hansen, or does Ryder deserve more 'time'?

I'm wondering how Bomber fans will react if Ryder finishes with <10 possessions and 0 goals to his name tomorrow night. Will you write him off altogether as you have written off Hansen, or does Ryder deserve more 'time'?

Why would we write him off? He's demonstrated better output against the likes of Collingwood and Geelong. I'm not entirely convinced for some reason that Hansen has.

We are (ostensibly, at least) playing Thompson and Firrito :)eek:) as our KPD tomorrow night. If your resting ruckmen can't kick goals against that defense then some serious questions need to be asked.

The way I see it, even if Hurley kicks four goals, you will need a further 5-6 from your resting ruckmen and Crameri combined, as your midfield with have their hands full trying to cover our run from defense and will have limited opportunities to kick goals themselves.

If Ryder doesn't deliver the goods he might just be the weakest link in the chain...

Only because Goodes missed a gimme, and certainly not for lack of output by Hannebury.

Boy do I have time for Jack and Hannebury. Name a club which wouldn't take them. I reckon they'd both make your starting midfield alongside Watson to be honest.

But I digress.

There wouldn't be too many sides they wouldn't make the cut, both are quality players. Hanners would defo be top 2 at North.

I guess the difference between Hansen and Ryder is that Ryder has actually shown some ability and had some quality games.

Hansen took a good mark once.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah that Stanton guy, never rated highly in our B&F counts; Hanners and Zieebs would s**t all over him.

Hocking, too. Never places.

Do you honestly rate those two over Swallow and Ziebell? Honestly?

Zaka, coaches clearly don't rate.

Completely different type of player who would walk into North or Sydney, but irrelevant to this comparison.

:thumbsu:

Do you honestly rate those two over Swallow and Ziebell? Honestly?

Completely different type of player who would walk into North or Sydney, but irrelevant to this comparison.

Without question. Ziebell may well end up better, but on exposed form isn't a patch on Stanton or Hocking.

Those last two posts just make it even more annoying that Ziebell won't be playing tomorrow night.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see how Ziebell's 'exposed form' is tracking come Round 20.

Hird just hates North because he got beaten up in 2005 and no one from Essendon came to help him.

I bet he hates having half as many flags as your entire club. What a pissant club that that's even possible.

I bet he hates having half as many flags as your entire club. What a pissant club that that's even possible.

Yep. Well done to your dads sperm and the effort you got in achieving all those flags. You should be proud.
Hird got smashed and none of his teammates helped him. Pissweak! Get over it. Jimmy has. He wants to coach to get his revenge. Hes already failed once!!

Yep. Well done to your dads sperm and the effort you got in achieving all those flags. You should be proud.
Hird got smashed and none of his teammates helped him. Pissweak! Get over it. Jimmy has. He wants to coach to get his revenge. Hes already failed once!!

Like when Carey smashed Archer and nobody went to him?

(Stevo was already in hiding)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back