Mega Thread The Thread of Despair - Discuss the badness of Brian Taylor here

Remove this Banner Ad

My favourite of what I saw of the game, was when Dustin Martin gathered the ball in the centre, streamed towards goal and missed. Somehow BT thought it was FLETCHER?!

Lol, I heard that. Until I saw this, I was convinced I had misheard. Hammer made the exact reverse mistake in the Essendon-Carlton match, praising "The ever-reliable, consistently effective Dustin Martin" when Fletcher took a mark. Two players with the same first name - so confusing :eek:

I think that he was fine on the radio.... when the public had no idea what was actually happening.

However on the TV it is blatently obvious that all the drivel that is coming out of his mouth has absolutely nothing at all to do with the play, and when it does it is so far out of time that you might as well be listening to the out-of-sync radio.

You can't see that he's just called the wrong player three times in under 10 seconds when on radio. ;)

Plus there is less downtime for talking hit on radio.

Been meaning to post since Monday night. Carlton v St Kilda was the worst call of a footy match I reckon I've ever heard.

The 'Carlton are still in this' talk was cringeworthy. Also, according to BT Carlton are playing Melbourne this week and have apparently led at half time in every match this year.

Also loved it when he said "Well they should let us know what they think it is first" on a score review about 3 seconds after the ump was heard on the broadcast saying "We think its a goal".

Useless.

Sack the egotistical w***er or tell him to STFU. He and Darcy love the sound of their own voices.

The least he could do is know each player's name...struggles with the basics.

Don't know if it's been posted but he mentioned there were only standing room seats left for the Essendon/West Coast game.

I used to think he was a ok caller on the radio until one time I was at a match listening to him.

He purposely altered the 'facts' of the game, I assume to increase the drama or to give him more scope to crap on.

One example during the game was Chapman marked the ball 45 meters out on a 45 degree angle, and BT was calling it 30 meters out straight in front!?!?!? Chapman missed the goal so BT crapped on about missing easy shots. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brian Taylor is officially the worst commentator on TV.

I would rather listen to Kelli Underwood

I honestly don't know who I'd pick to listen to, if forced to choose between those two.

Unbearable w***er Personality vs Fingers-Down-a-Blackboard Voice.

I'm actually convinced Kelli Underwood knows more about football than BT. She'd get my vote. Her voice grates, but listening to BT makes me homicidal.

I dunno know about KU > BT wrt footy knowledge but I think BT would rather play the jerk instead of sharing some of that "knowledge" whereas KU doesn't seem to have an unprofessional bone in her body. If KU's voice is her only knock then that pales in comparison to the shortcomings of some of the other callers of the game :(

He will not shut the hell up about GWS changing their training facilities. He's acting like it's some massive trade or a player's died.

I liked BT on Triple M with JB and Gary Lyon, good chemistry and all seemed to play off each other well.

However, when BT is surrounded by the inane and intensely uncharismatic Luke Darcy and the likeable but rather straight bat Richo brings to the table, his shortcomings as both a leader and humorist are blatantly obvious.

Just call the game mate, you're not in the right environment to be cracking jokes constantly and going off tangents, plus the 'we have to improvise when the game is a blowout' excuse wears thin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back