Please tell me Ben Dixon isn't here to stay?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Where do they find these guys?

What's their process for filtering out the really s**t ones??

Man they just keep slipping through the cracks.

How can you get a media gig, if you speak s**t, look like rubbish and sound s**t.

It's just bizarre how this keeps happening.

Please tell me Ben Dixon isn't here to stay?​

Ben Dixon is not here to stay. HTH

nice enough guy, not really any standout traits as a media performer
I'd argue he's well below par in all traits usually considered important for media performers.

Looks terrible. Sounds terrible. Doesn't say interesting stuff. Isn't funny. Isn't thought provoking.

It's like the networks just take the piss out of us.

He may be bland, but at least he's not an absolute campaigner like Jordan Lewis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its a bit odd hes remained on TV for as long as he has. Doesnt provide really any insight (which is not unusual with mose of these figures in the footy media), isnt funny, doesnt add anything and unlike the rest isnt actually a big name, so I'm guessing he has some pretty good contacts high up in some of these places? You'd think as the newly retired players start making their way onto the broadcasts, Dicko would be one of the first ones to be moved on.

Its a bit odd hes remained on TV for as long as he has. Doesnt provide really any insight (which is not unusual with mose of these figures in the footy media), isnt funny, doesnt add anything and unlike the rest isnt actually a big name, so I'm guessing he has some pretty good contacts high up in some of these places? You'd think as the newly retired players start making their way onto the broadcasts, Dicko would be one of the first ones to be moved on.
Yeah, players who were decent but not great and not a big name usually tend to disappear after a couple of years, like say Leigh Colbert did and he was a better player than Dixon, but Dixon has hung around like a bad smell.

I'd hope that in retirement they'd be judged on the quality of their broadcasting. Brown is a huge name but is very mediocre as a pundit in my view. Betts is worse albeit still new in the role.

Yeah, players who were decent but not great and not a big name usually tend to disappear after a couple of years, like say Leigh Colbert did and he was a better player than Dixon, but Dixon has hung around like a bad smell.
I wonder if there's a thread about all the former players who entered the media and then got the arse or thought it wasn't for them. I don't even remember Colbert on tv. I do remember Hamish McIntosh and Nathan Grima were all the rage for 2 seconds. They got a gig on SEN but we're quickly found out as not that funny at all.

Buddy will be playing in Queensland next year- Ben Dixon on first crack last night

Next day buddy announces retirement. Get rid of ben please fox

Where do they find these guys?

What's their process for filtering out the really s**t ones??

Man they just keep slipping through the cracks.

How can you get a media gig, if you speak s**t, look like rubbish and sound s**t.

It's just bizarre how this keeps happening.
Process?

Friends with someone important.

End process.

I wonder if there's a thread about all the former players who entered the media and then got the arse or thought it wasn't for them. I don't even remember Colbert on tv. I do remember Hamish McIntosh and Nathan Grima were all the rage for 2 seconds. They got a gig on SEN but we're quickly found out as not that funny at all.
There would be a few on the list....Where is Nathan Brown (Melbourne) for starters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back