Here It Is

Club Legend
Aug 8, 2005
Parkville, Vic
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Nor-West Jets, CDHBU, Sydney Kings
Trying to create a little discussion here.

I've collated the results of all clubs over the past 10 years, and it has thrown up some interesting results.
Soon, I'll post four ladders:
1 - Head To Head - Taking into account the most recent result, home and away, between each club.
2 - Past Year - All the results dating back to the corresponding round in 2011.
3 - Past 5 Years - All the results dating back to the corresponding round in 2007.
4 - Past 10 Years - All the results dating back to the corresponding round in 2011.

Please have a crack at what you think these ladders look like. You may be surprised.

I would be guessing a very strong showing from both Sydney and Collingwood. Melbourne & Essendon to be near the bottom in the overall scheme of things.

2011_2012.png
All matches round 14 2011 to round 14 2012 including finals.​
Teams ranked by match/win percentage then for and against percentage.​

If Richmond aren't in 9th position I dont trust it.

p.s. I'm with Atheist on this one. Thats thunder stealing. I'm sure "Here_It_Is" was looking forward to showing these results and you go and cut his lunch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2002_2012.png
All matches round 14 2002 to round 14 2012 including finals.​
Teams ranked by match/win percentage then for and against percentage.​
rOG out of interest when was the last time Adelaide or Fremantle drew please?

The 10 year one really shows that the Saints have missed the boat. All teams except the Saints from position 9 upwards won a premiership in that period (except Adelaide - who you could argue are at least could be looking at been at the top end to compete for a premiership over the next 2/3 years).
As the Saints at this stage look more likely to trend down wards over the next 2/3 years, they have missed a golden oppurtunity as been the 3rd most successful wiining percentage but never bringing the ultimate glory home over the period.

Dat thunder stealing.
Don't know exactly what the OP proposes to post for the 4th "ladder".
"1 - Head To Head - Taking into account the most recent result, home and away, between each club."

I'll wait and see if they have a cross table chart showing all 18 clubs' records against the other 18 in the different time periods.

What Geelong's Head to Head record 2002 round 14 to 2012 round 14 including finals looks like is below.​
gee2002_12.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back