Society/Culture Should cannabis be legalised?

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be easier and cheaper to ban Jones from toilets.
Harm minimization I say.
I thought the thrust of this thread was that banning substances doesn't work. I suppose it could easily be argued though, that Jones has no substance.

"War is a racket. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives."

13v15.gif

http://www.mattgroff.com/questions-on-the-1315-project-chart/

the old Einsten adage of doing the same thing and expecting different results always comes to mind.

I remember being in NORML in the early 80s and browbeating anyone who'd listen how the war on drugs was ludicrously expensive. Look how it has expanded since then LOL.

What a wicked waste of money it has been.

The average age of Labor and Liberal National politicians on this issue seems to be about 70...

Add in police who are dead against it since it means much of their work has been ultimately pointless.

Add in alcohol companies who wouldn't want a legal competitor.

Add in a country that is apathetic about almost anything 'political' (except foreigners arriving in boats).

Plus they wouldn't get to parade around in all this cool expensive s**t the government buys them

USA%20Hummer%20H2.jpg

3499843979_522a595530.jpg

Plus they wouldn't get to parade around in all this cool expensive s**t the government buys them

USA%20Hummer%20H2.jpg

3499843979_522a595530.jpg

Ssshh its "the war on drugs".

Dont let them know its really just an illusion to stockpile for "the war on humanity".

the old Einsten adage of doing the same thing and expecting different results always comes to mind.

I remember being in NORML in the early 80s and browbeating anyone who'd listen how the war on drugs was ludicrously expensive. Look how it has expanded since then LOL.

What a wicked waste of money it has been.

Oliver stone has just crystallised the perfect term for this social debacle.

It's no longer "The Drug War", it's "The War FOR Drugs"

There's far too much money on either side of the fence to reel in it's spiraling inertia.

Some outstanding human beings.

Cannabis factory couple who gave away their £400,000 drug-dealing fortune to poor Kenyan village are jailed for three years

• Pair paid for life-saving surgery, computers in a hospital and schooling
  • 'Most unusual cannabis growing case of its type', says prosecutor
  • Couple, in their 60s, visited village near coastal town of Mombasa regularly
A couple who ran a cannabis factory and spent their fortune on helping poor African families and charities have been jailed.

Michael Foster, 62, and Susan Cooper, 63, made £400,000 by illegally growing hundreds of plants at their farmhouse home during a six-year operation.

But instead of pocketing the money, they spent a large proportion of it on people in a Kenyan village - paying for life-saving surgery, computers for an eye hospital and schooling for poor children.

article-2219477-158B16FD000005DC-414_306x423.jpg

article-2219477-158B1701000005DC-85_306x423.jpg

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2219477/Cannabis-factory-couple-gave-400-000-drug-dealing-fortune-poor-Kenyans-jailed-years.html#ixzz29h5yJObD

The fittest man of all time: A pot smoker.

Michael Phelps Named Fittest Man Of All Time

October 17, 2012 3:12 PM

More than two months since he became the winningest Olympian in Olympic history, Phelps has been named by Men’s Health as the fittest man of all time. The Baltimore native beat out fit men from the past, such as Charles Atlas, and those from the present, such as James Bond himself, Daniel Craig. Rounding out the top five was Bruce Lee at number two, followed by Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jack LaLanne, and Herschel Walker.

Men’s Health came to the conclusion that Phelps, arguably the greatest American Olympian of all time, was befit to wear the crown of fittest man of all time based on a number of items – including his five hour workout regimen, and of course the achievements Phelps was able to accomplish with the body he built.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2012/10/17/michael-phelps-named-fittest-man-of-all-time/

What will lead to a higher chance of developing cancer... having six standard drinks twice a week, or smoking a joint twice a week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What will lead to a higher chance of developing cancer... having six standard drinks twice a week, or smoking a joint twice a week?

This question is almost impossible to answer based up the current available data.

Ingestion of either substance would lead to a higher incidence of cancer in the alcohol user.

This question is almost impossible to answer based up the current available data.

Science doesn't believe in religon, so science doesn't recognise the thousands of years of religon using hemp as a medicinal substance.

As science tries and plays down the spiritual aspect of human biology, they don't appear to recognise the healing properties of hemp concerning spiritual trauma.

I wouldn't say there's shortage of current data. I'd say there's a shortage in peoples minds (scientists)

Marijuana legalised for recreational use in Colorado.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/06/amendment-64-passes-in-co_n_2079899.html
Also legalised for recreational use in Washington.
http://mynorthwest.com/11/2121970/Washington-voters-approved-legalized-marijuana
Big day for America with Obama and now this!
It's the beginning, it's progress. When the other states see the insane revenue created from this amendment, surely they will follow, and hopefully Australia will also follow, like we tend to do with all things America.
EDIT: I just wanted to point out that this amendment 64 being passed also include the ability to grow and therefore profit (massively) from hemp and all the various uses the hemp plant has. It is a truly great day. These states are gonna rake in the dough!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back