Black Ducks Supporters Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone really surprised that Hilder won the Swan? Was very good early season but I thought he went missing for long patches in games at the end.o_O
Yeah but he wasnt on his own in that regard Swannies ..too many went missing for long patches in the 2 finals games!

And now I hear that Carr got on the board, seriously WTF? Before anyone asks, yes I did vote.
Ah well, we'll see how this board goes and I might be pleasantly surprised. :)

Just home the game vs Perth this morning and Swans are progressing nicely. No Geappen today but Notte ended up with 17 disposals, 11 marks, 4 goals, 2 behinds and a couple of assists in a dominant performance. Robinson was impressive with his quality of disposal a highlight. Big Wes was absolutely everywhere 19 disposals, 44 hitouts, 1 goal. Ames cleaned up everything in the back half and took many strong grabs. Too many good performances to mention, it was a good standard across the board.

Just home the game vs Perth this morning and Swans are progressing nicely. No Geappen today but Notte ended up with 17 disposals, 11 marks, 4 goals, 2 behinds and a couple of assists in a dominant performance. Robinson was impressive with his quality of disposal a highlight. Big Wes was absolutely everywhere 19 disposals, 44 hitouts, 1 goal. Ames cleaned up everything in the back half and took many strong grabs. Too many good performances to mention, it was a good standard across the board.
Wow. If Notte can step up and help fill the Hansen gap and Wes develops into a good ruckman who gets a bit of it you'd think we will really be looking at a decent season.

Wow. If Notte can step up and help fill the Hansen gap and Wes develops into a good ruckman who gets a bit of it you'd think we will really be looking at a decent season.
For sure.

Admittedly, his opponent was mediocre but you can only play who lines up on you. He'll also usually have the likes of Geappen and Ugle also drawing good defenders as well as potentially Garlett and Simpson. There is also a young ruckman in the reserves, Rory Lobb, who has everyone excited - I suspect he might play seniors in the next game.

Further to my comments about Robbo, here is Harding's review...
Brett Robinson was probably the story of the day! After 3 seasons with limited footy following 2 knee reconstructions, he stepped out on the weekend and really did show glimpses of the player he can be. Ill stop short of declaring him fully back to his best, but a few bullet like passes inside 50 and an elite 45 snap over his shoulder really did bring back memories of the real Robbo. If he can find his movement of 2008/09 he will return to upper echelon of players in the competition and be a major factor in our success this season.

On Lobb
He was the recipient of some excellent ruck work by Rory Lobb during the match and this young bloke continues to make massive strides in the preseason. Lobby finished with 25 possessions, a couple of goals and a multitude of perfectly placed taps to advantage that made our play from stoppages look very slick.

Pretty well full strength side for round 1. Good to see Blakely get a game after impressing up forward and in the ruck during the pre-season. He'll backup Lammie to allow Notte to play full time forward. No real noticeable weak points in the team. Keep an eye on Robbo who has shown some signs of returning to outstanding football during the scratchies.

B K Hams T Ames L Miles
HB J Simpson J Blight G Jetta
C T Roach M Riggio S Hildebrandt
HF R Davis T Geappen B Robinson
FF A Elari T Notte N Blakely
F W Lammie W Twomey L Neale
Int.
K Ugle, A Faulkner, M Newman, A Howard, N Broad, B Boekhorst, T Casserly, C Cameron​

I popped on to the East Freo thread and they have a pretty strong side, so this should be a cracking match and certainly a test of where we are really at.

Fantastic win by the boys today, didn't expect it, Hilders was spewing up in the huddle at 3/4 time, Harding swearing like a trooper at the 1/4 time huddle, Swoop kicking 6 goals, Lammie shoving humble pie down my throat, like last year, ah it's great to have the WAFL back! :thumbsu:
Charlie Cameron, what a fantastic debut, Kirk Ugle, likewise, Elari, the same. The defense was outstanding, I thought, led by the one and only Amesy, great to have Luke Miles back, Blighty continues to play good footy, Hams, outstanding, Jetta, awesome, great to see Robbo back, worked his way into the game. Lammie, can't say enough how wrong I was, apologies, again :oops:, Swoop, Newman, Blakey, Notte (at last he looks like he's leaving it all out on the ground :thumbsu:) I should name them all, because with 2 players down before half time, that makes the win all the more meritorious. Go you black ducks. :footy::footy::footy:

Well, it was fantastic to venture to feral town and silence those Falcons, wasn't it? Losing Elari early, and Hams and Ugle on one leg each, it seemed the odds were stacked against us.
Jets, Ames and Howard were brilliant in defense. Charlie Cameron continues to develop and shine, Garlett has the most dynamite left boot and worked really well both ways, Riggio and Robinson did their jobs superbly, Lammie was fantastic, as was Blakely, Swoop was dynamic when the game was on the line, I thought. Ugle couldn't get going in the first half, was feeling something in his leg, but came home with a wet sail, Manton was fantastic, as was Miles and I should mention them all but I'm too excited right now.....:p:thumbsu:

Well, it was fantastic to venture to feral town and silence those Falcons, wasn't it? Losing Elari early, and Hams and Ugle on one leg each, it seemed the odds were stacked against us.
Jets, Ames and Howard were brilliant in defense. Charlie Cameron continues to develop and shine, Garlett has the most dynamite left boot and worked really well both ways, Riggio and Robinson did their jobs superbly, Lammie was fantastic, as was Blakely, Swoop was dynamic when the game was on the line, I thought. Ugle couldn't get going in the first half, was feeling something in his leg, but came home with a wet sail, Manton was fantastic, as was Miles and I should mention them all but I'm too excited right now.....:p:thumbsu:
Good win indeed. Hopefully this can kickstart our season and we can continue to push up the ladder.

Yep good win to come home fast after only having a 4 day break between games ..as you say all the boys were great but one thing that should also be mentioned is was how bad the umpiring was!

Yep good win to come home fast after only having a 4 day break between games ..as you say all the boys were great but one thing that should also be mentioned is was how bad the umpiring was!
And boy didn't they cop a mouthful when walking through the cage. I don't think I've seen umps cop it like that before. They were bad and whilst I moan and groan about them at the game I wouldn't tell them how bad it was. The worst was the Lammie deliberate out of bounds and the ducking of the head by the munchers for head high tackles, and getting it every, single time. But, we won so I can smile for the weekend.....:D

I didn't see it before and I'm a round too late, but Garlett was the Round 7 player of the round. He was scintillating though, hope he keeps it up. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet another disappointing performance at home this year, we just didnt want it bad enough which seems to be the tale of the season to date.
Over use of the footy by handball & terrible decision making all over the park also continue to be a disturbing trend to a season that is spiralling out of control.
5 minutes of ok footy a qtr every week isnt good enough to win an Under 10's game let alone a WAFL League match!
There has been far too many bad decisions made both on & off the park this season highlighted or should I say lowlighted by the selection of 3 ruckman to play in the wet vs Peel. o_O

Absolutely, it's quiet and peaceful in here..... ;)

I've got to add Spearhead that, whilst I like Boekhurst, he cannot play another league game until he puts his head over the ball. There were 2 marking contests where he visibly looked over his left and right shoulder before attempting (I think he missed both) to go for the mark. Roach wasn't ready to go and should have been in ressies. Ames was a massive loss though, no general left on the field. I thought Riggio and Davis were really disappointing, am I being too harsh?
On a positive note, Blighty was back in the ressies. :thumbsu:

I've got to add Spearhead that, whilst I like Boekhurst, he cannot play another league game until he puts his head over the ball. There were 2 marking contests where he visibly looked over his left and right shoulder before attempting (I think he missed both) to go for the mark. Roach wasn't ready to go and should have been in ressies. Ames was a massive loss though, no general left on the field. I thought Riggio and Davis were really disappointing, am I being too harsh?
On a positive note, Blighty was back in the ressies. :thumbsu:
oh won't you just come to bed and take that anger out on me?

Sorry, I'm maintaining the rage.....:mad:

Yet another disappointing performance at home this year, we just didnt want it bad enough which seems to be the tale of the season to date.
Well Spearhead, your post summed up today's game, again.... There is trouble in the clubrooms I am told, don't know exactly what though, but that was woeful today. I almost started drinking! :eek::mad:

Well Spearhead, your post summed up today's game, again.... There is trouble in the clubrooms I am told, don't know exactly what though, but that was woeful today. I almost started drinking! :eek::mad:
I KNOW there's issues with some high profile players and has been throughout Harding's tenure.

Was Twomey really dropped? He won the Simpson medal a few weeks back...

Harding: "we really need some goals to win this game, what shall we do? I know! We'll play a 5 man forward line and send our full forward to play as a spare man in defence".*

*I'm assuming that's his thought process

I KNOW there's issues with some high profile players and has been throughout Harding's tenure.

Was Twomey really dropped? He won the Simpson medal a few weeks back...

Harding: "we really need some goals to win this game, what shall we do? I know! We'll play a 5 man forward line and send our full forward to play as a spare man in defence".*

*I'm assuming that's his thought process
Dropped for not chasing the week before, is what I heard. As I posted on the Eagles board, he will need to find a lot of room in ressies next week. Ugle continually doesn't chase and then clutches his leg on the ground, only to get up a minute later. Dayle was played in a FP all game, not given a burst on the wing. Riggio - well I don't know what he does half the time. Roach was singled out at quarter time, and didn't get better. Boekhorst, well I don't know where to start, but he has become very scared this year.....

And if they don't play for the jumper Underdog, I say piss them off, don't care who they are.

I'm personally really sad we didn't drop Harding when we had the chance to get Dawson again. Dawson was an excellent man manager, just who we need to bring the players back into line.
We have been disappointing this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back