WSYD GWS Just Has To Do Some Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond offered a pick for Tyson when they wanted an experienced player and the pick was around 10 when Tyson was taken around 3 I think?

Richmond was going to trade them pick 9, which they would on-trade to the Dogs along with the first pick in the mini-draft (which they HAD to trade somewhere), in exchange for pick 5 and 6. Dogs were in. Whether or not GWS thought that was a fair deal or not (presumably they didn't), their counter offer was:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/gw...on-is-off-limits/story-fndv7pj3-1226476839357

"GWS officials sounded out Cotchin's manager, Anthony McConville, two weeks ago after discovering the Tigers had inquired about luring last year's No.3 draft pick back to Melbourne. The Giants gave McConville a clear indication of a massive offer they were prepared to make Cotchin, who comes out of contract after next season.Tyson, 19, is believed to be keen on a return to Melbourne after just one year at the club."

This is a top-notch way to encourage the other clubs to trade with you. :thumbsu:

Richmond was going to trade them pick 9, which they would on-trade to the Dogs along with the first pick in the mini-draft (which they HAD to trade somewhere), in exchange for pick 5 and 6. Dogs were in. Whether or not GWS thought that was a fair deal or not (presumably they didn't), their counter offer was:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/gw...on-is-off-limits/story-fndv7pj3-1226476839357

"GWS officials sounded out Cotchin's manager, Anthony McConville, two weeks ago after discovering the Tigers had inquired about luring last year's No.3 draft pick back to Melbourne. The Giants gave McConville a clear indication of a massive offer they were prepared to make Cotchin, who comes out of contract after next season.Tyson, 19, is believed to be keen on a return to Melbourne after just one year at the club."

This is a top-notch way to encourage the other clubs to trade with you. :thumbsu:
Still means they were only getting Pick 9 for Tyson after they recruited at 3 the year before

Still means they were only getting Pick 9 for Tyson after they recruited at 3 the year before

Actually if you follow it through, they were getting 5 and 6 for Tyson, since they would have moved pick 9 on along with the mini-draft pick they weren't allowed to use for themselves. Like I said, fair enough if they didn't like that deal, they didn't have to take it, but the spiteful way they went about it would have done little to endear them to any potential trade partners.

I hope they get stuck with pick 1, which they would have to use on Boyd. Then we can all enjoy watching Boyd, Cameron, Buddy and Patton run around in the one forward line splitting up the 20 or so inside 50's that Scully/Palmer led midfield delivers a game. Then watch the clubs line up when 2 or 3 of them ask to leave in a couple of years.

Just in time for their salary cap concessions to start scaling back, and year 3 of Buddy's multi-million dollar deal keeping GWS from paying them what they can get on the open market.

Actually if you follow it through, they were getting 5 and 6 for Tyson, since they would have moved pick 9 on along with the mini-draft pick they weren't allowed to use for themselves. Like I said, fair enough if they didn't like that deal, they didn't have to take it, but the spiteful way they went about it would have done little to endear them to any potential trade partners.

I hope they get stuck with pick 1, which they would have to use on Boyd. Then we can all enjoy watching Boyd, Cameron, Buddy and Patton run around in the one forward line splitting up the 20 or so inside 50's that Scully/Palmer led midfield delivers a game. Then watch the clubs line up when 2 or 3 of them ask to leave in a couple of years.

Just in time for their salary cap concessions to start scaling back, and year 3 of Buddy's multi-million dollar deal keeping GWS from paying them what they can get on the open market.
But what did the get for the mini draft pick its not as tho Richmond gave them the mini draft pick

I think there was a player as well but unsure of who but the rumour was nahas.
Well what do you expect really. Instead of losing Tyson and Gaining pick 5-6 they got Tyson who is a pick 3 gained another pick 3 aswell as pick 13

Well what do you expect really. Instead of losing Tyson and Gaining pick 5-6 they got Tyson who is a pick 3 gained another pick 3 aswell as pick 13

I don't think you can add in pick 13 as that was another trade. I'm also not sure about the mini draft pick deal was that far down the track. Remember if Tyson decided to leave this year(he has signed now tho), he could leave for nothing and the GWS wouldn't have as bigger bargaining power as they would've last year hence the trade of pick 9 and a player. So any other deal is irrelevant as they were seperate. I also don't begrudge them for saying no and trying to sign Tyson up so im certainly not shirty with them at all.

No one wants to trade with GWS they have a poor reputation of demanding rival clubs paying overs. That's why no one has done business with them for three years. Screw them I want to see more 100 point beltings.

Paul Roos has said you have a high chance of success with a top 10 pick but after that chance of success isn't that different. Based on that idea I can understand wanting to keep all the players you can get with top 10 picks but they could have used their late round picks on more de-listed players.

I have previously used Paul Bevan as an example - 2005 Premiership player now performing strongly in the WAFL. It's their failure to pick up players like Paul Bevan that has them with a very young non-competitive side that is getting badly traumatised.

I remember the young Hawks getting thrashed ten years ago so it is time they need. The GWS players that get through this will be very tough.

Paul Roos has said you have a high chance of success with a top 10 pick but after that chance of success isn't that different. Based on that idea I can understand wanting to keep all the players you can get with top 10 picks but they could have used their late round picks on more de-listed players.

I have previously used Paul Bevan as an example - 2005 Premiership player now performing strongly in the WAFL. It's their failure to pick up players like Paul Bevan that has them with a very young non-competitive side that is getting badly traumatised.

I remember the young Hawks getting thrashed ten years ago so it is time they need. The GWS players that get through this will be very tough.

Well GWS had a typical Arrogant attitude, They wanted elite players in their prime for Free. Why didnt they choose Paul Bevan or some de-listed 22 or 23 year olds? Because GWS assume that they will win the flag by playing 18 teenagers every week assuming by the time they are 24-26, all those kids will be elite superstars.

Again, and last time. I'm not fussed that they didn't take the trade, that's their prerogative. The way they arrogantly and aggressively behaved is what does not wash well with me.

And then for Sheeds to come out and blame all the other clubs who don't want to trade with them...

Again, and last time. I'm not fussed that they didn't take the trade, that's their prerogative. The way they arrogantly and aggressively behaved is what does not wash well with me.

And then for Sheeds to come out and blame all the other clubs who don't want to trade with them...
Basically you tried to bend them over and it didn't work what are complaining about

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basically you tried to bend them over and it didn't work what are complaining about

Actually:

Whether or not GWS thought that was a fair deal or not (presumably they didn't), their counter offer was:

Like I said, fair enough if they didn't like that deal, they didn't have to take it, but the spiteful way they went about it would have done little to endear them to any potential trade partners.

Go and cast your eye over some of the demands GWS have made in the last couple of years for their early picks to see who is trying to bend who over.

As above, I don't care that Richmond missed out on anything, it's the arrogant attitude of GWS that I don't like. Sheeds and Co. think they're smarter than everyone else, and now they're lamenting the fact that nobody wants to play along with them. Serves them right.

Pick 9 is not good enough for Tyson would you have given away Martin the year after you drafted him for pick 9?

with the amount of draft picks and various concessions they had they could've traded in a team that had the talent to win the premiership straight off the bat. probably would've taken a year to gel together.

Your not understanding! Richmond didn't own the mini draft pick! Therefore pick 9 for Tyson is not good enough

GWS you tool they got picks 3 and 13 for it

Exactly.
No need for name calling champ, how old are you, 12?

As part of the deal, GWS would have had to give up there mini-draft pick, which they didn't want to do.
The mini draft pick had nothing to do with Richmond at all.
We didn't have anything close to Tyson's worth, so needed the Bulldogs to help us out with picks 5 and 6.

Richmond lose: Pick 9
Bulldogs lose: Picks 5 and 6
GWS lose: Tyson and mini-draft pick

Richmond gain: Tyson
Bulldogs gain: Pick 9 and mini-draft selection
GWS gain: Picks 5 and 6.

Looking at this deal in hindsight, I think it was a good deal for all parties involved. Maybe, MAYBE the Bulldogs got shafted a little bit.

Exactly.
No need for name calling champ, how old are you, 12?

As part of the deal, GWS would have had to give up there mini-draft pick, which they didn't want to do.
The mini draft pick had nothing to do with Richmond at all.
We didn't have anything close to Tyson's worth, so needed the Bulldogs to help us out with picks 5 and 6.

Richmond lose: Pick 9
Bulldogs lose: Picks 5 and 6
GWS lose: Tyson and mini-draft pick

Richmond gain: Tyson
Bulldogs gain: Pick 9 and mini-draft selection
GWS gain: Picks 5 and 6.

Looking at this deal in hindsight, I think it was a good deal for all parties involved. Maybe, MAYBE the Bulldogs got shafted a little bit.
Which effectively pick 9 for Tyson
Bulldogs would have ended up with Hogan and Vlastin so they would have been better off
GWS would have been reemed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back