WSYD GWS Just Has To Do Some Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Which effectively pick 9 for Tyson
Bulldogs would have ended up with Hogan and Vlastin so they would have been better off
GWS would have been reemed

No, not effectively.
For Richmond, yes.
But for GWS it would have been Tyson and mini-draft pick for picks 5 and 6.
Hence why a 3rd party is involved.
Richmond knew that pick 9 for Tyson wasn't enough in GWS eyes, which is why we involved the Bulldogs.
I'm not sure how much clearer I can make it?

Either way, GWS say that they want other clubs to grow some balls in regards to trading with them, then when they do, they threaten to poach Cotchin.

That's just amateur business.

GWS gain pick 5 & 6 which is nowhere near keeping Tyson pick 3 Lachie Plowman pick 3 and also pick 13

Don't waste any more of your time Cotch, he just aint listening.
Anyway this whole GWS and trades thing reminds me of how bad Essendon were to trade with when Sheeds was there. Ask any recruiter from any club in the 90's and 2000's how ridiculously stupid they were in their player trade demands. Serves them right. I know the Crows found them impossible to deal with until recently that is. Understand they are much more realistic these days under Hird and Co.
From my info we almost traded with the Bombers last year for Pears but the whole Tippett farce kyboshed that.....

Anyway this whole GWS and trades thing reminds me of how bad Essendon were to trade with when Sheeds was there. Ask any recruiter from any club in the 90's and 2000's how ridiculously stupid they were in their player trade demands. Serves them right. I know the Crows found them impossible to deal with until recently that is. Understand they are much more realistic these days under Hird and Co.
From my info we almost traded with the Bombers last year for Pears but the whole Tippett farce kyboshed that.....
So you think pick 9 was fair for Tyson

Mate I was just about to say that this whole things reeks of Kevin Sheedy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You seriously don't see the bigger picture GWS done a lot better with the deal they eventually done

I've never disputed GWS' reluctance to accept the deal. They're entitled to do whatever they like. My main objective was to tell you what the actual deal involved, something which I have obviously failed to do. Lucky I didn't become a teacher.

I've never disputed GWS' reluctance to accept the deal. They're entitled to do whatever they like. My main objective was to tell you what the actual deal involved, something which I have obviously failed to do. Lucky I didn't become a teacher.
Richmond has nothing to do with the deal between GWS and the Dogs

GWS will get trades done, because they have what everyone else wants.

They tried to poach uncontracted players when they came in, and got some-but-not-all that they wanted. The thing is by continually drafting young premo talent, they keep stocking the cupboard with assets. They can lose a Dom Tyson and not even notice, but there's no point in selling low.

The Giants will be fine, and I'm sure they'll swing some deals this year. Other clubs DO need to grow some balls and - if GWS have exactly what they need - pay the price to get it.

This is the way GWS traded the second pick in the mini draft:

OUT: Mini draft pick 2, Dom Barry (NT Zone selection), Pick 20
IN: Draft picks 3 and 13

This is the way some Richmond fans are proposing it should have happened:

OUT: Dom Tyson, Mini draft pick 2
IN: Draft picks 5 and 6

GWS never wanted Dom Barry (and got him for free), and pick 20 was a very weak pick for them, considering they had a high number of picks before that. So, the first scenario was effectively the second pick in the mini draft for picks 3 and 13.

In what way is losing one of their most promising midfielders worth a downgrade from 3 to 5, and an upgrade from 13 to 6? Stop saying that they're hard to deal with because you had a bad offer denied. Plenty of other clubs have shown that they're exactly like everyone else - don't offer them crap, and they'll play ball!

This is the way GWS traded the second pick in the mini draft:

OUT: Mini draft pick 2, Dom Barry (NT Zone selection), Pick 20
IN: Draft picks 3 and 13

This is the way some Richmond fans are proposing it should have happened:

OUT: Dom Tyson, Mini draft pick 2
IN: Draft picks 5 and 6

GWS never wanted Dom Barry (and got him for free), and pick 20 was a very weak pick for them, considering they had a high number of picks before that. So, the first scenario was effectively the second pick in the mini draft for picks 3 and 13.

In what way is losing one of their most promising midfielders worth a downgrade from 3 to 5, and an upgrade from 13 to 6? Stop saying that they're hard to deal with because you had a bad offer denied. Plenty of other clubs have shown that they're exactly like everyone else - don't offer them crap, and they'll play ball!
Thankyou there is a god!

It's not my fault that you don't know how a 3rd party deal works.
Anyway kid, stay in school. You need it.

Time to take a deep breath and walk away I think Cotch. No more feeding the troll.

In retrospect it was silly to expect anyone with Sydney in their avatar to grasp the concept of fair and equitable.

Time to take a deep breath and walk away I think Cotch. No more feeding the troll.

In retrospect it was silly to expect anyone with Sydney in their avatar to grasp the concept of fair and equitable.
He already has taken off cause he just worked out how stupid he was

He already has taken off cause he just worked out how stupid he was

Yeah, that's right. Not because i have a life or anything :rolleyes:

Listen mate, you were trying to tell me that we were going to give GWS pick 9 for Tyson, which in FACT was absolutely not true.

At no point did Richmond offer GWS pick 9 for Tyson. That would have been just stupid.

Either way, Vlastuin is better than Tyson so thankfully the deal did not go through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back