2013 Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon he'll be one of the early second round picks. Has potential and x-factor but I think that he has a way to go as a forward.

do you think Freo would be reaching for him if they were to take him with their first round then?? Would you disagree with the decision? Many of the Freo Fans are praying for him to be the player selected with his x-factor but also the fact that if he doesn't make it as a forward he could become an outstanding midfielder.

Gold Coast took Martin before Hogan once and we will do it again. He could be as good as o'Meara!

Just kidding no-one is as good as O'Meara.

I have no idea where you are getting these rumours from, but Martin is a class above Hogan.

No he's not. Martin is all class and very, very exciting talent.

Hogan is a bloke who you build a club around, he's the best young forward I've seen come through WA in the last 10 years, have him on the same page as a Buddy in terms of his ability to influence the contest.

Buddy was an athletic freak, Hogan is a physical monster who's attack on the footy from an aerial perspective, rivals the Careys and Browns over the modern era.

He is a train, you actually hear him coming.

And I'll eat my hat if Jono Marsh goes outside the first round.

do you think Freo would be reaching for him if they were to take him with their first round then?? Would you disagree with the decision? Many of the Freo Fans are praying for him to be the player selected with his x-factor but also the fact that if he doesn't make it as a forward he could become an outstanding midfielder.

I would take McCarthy (completely forgot about him, don't know how) ahead of Marsh and I reckon Ross won't like Marsh. He needs a bigger tank and that will take too much time.

No he's not. Martin is all class and very, very exciting talent.

Hogan is a bloke who you build a club around, he's the best young forward I've seen come through WA in the last 10 years, have him on the same page as a Buddy in terms of his ability to influence the contest.

Buddy was an athletic freak, Hogan is a physical monster who's attack on the footy from an aerial perspective, rivals the Careys and Browns over the modern era.

He is a train, you actually hear him coming.

And I'll eat my hat if Jono Marsh goes outside the first round.
What type of hat do you have?

On Hogan, as pure footballers compared one on one Martin is a level above, easily. But that said, I would take a Cloke over a Pendlebury and that could be the case with Hogan and Martin.

What type of hat do you have?

On Hogan, as pure footballers compared one on one Martin is a level above, easily. But that said, I would take a Cloke over a Pendlebury and that could be the case with Hogan and Martin.

Jonothan Marsh is an athletic freak with a hard edge who is now 193cm.

An AFL team will pull the trigger first round and back themselves to harness his raw talent, and it's there in bucket loads. He is a freak, his match against Vic Metro was first class.

Scary thing is, he's a really natural midfielder who is being moulded into a KP.

Imagine a 193cm running machine, who runs in straight lines at the centre square who can then work forward and give a mis match 9/10 ten.

It's just so obvious he's a first round pick.

An AFL team will pull the trigger first round and back themselves to harness his raw talent, and it's there in bucket loads. He is a freak, his match against Vic Metro was first class.

Scary thing is, he's a really natural midfielder who is being moulded into a KP.

Imagine a 193cm running machine, who runs in straight lines at the centre square who can then work forward and give a mis match 9/10 ten.

Marsh won't go in the first round, so you can all eat your hats.

Raw talent and potential aren't everything in drafting and I have some question marks over his endurance. McCarthy is better than Marsh.

Raw talent and potential aren't everything in drafting and I have some question marks over his endurance. McCarthy is better than Marsh.

i'd agree in most parts but for me would prefer marsh. McCarthy does seem a higher pick but with endurance it is something that can be worked on quickly over a pre-season or 2 and marsh could play deep forward using his pace to break clear of defenders and his endurance wouldn't have to be THAT good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marsh came to East Fremantle having played in the SWFL as a running wingman.

In no sane world, would a recruiter take Mcarthy over Marsh, given the choice. He's a monster, who can turn midfielders inside out. Mcarthy has a slimmer frame and will need alot of time in the gym to be able to compete.

I really like Mcarthy and he'll do well, but Marsh is a on another level.

i'd agree in most parts but for me would prefer marsh. McCarthy does seem a higher pick but with endurance it is something that can be worked on quickly over a pre-season or 2 and marsh could play deep forward using his pace to break clear of defenders and his endurance wouldn't have to be THAT good

Marsh came to East Fremantle having played in the SWFL as a running wingman.

In no sane world, would a recruiter take Mcarthy over Marsh, given the choice. He's a monster, who can turn midfielders inside out. Mcarthy has a slimmer frame and will need alot of time in the gym to be able to compete.

I really like Mcarthy and he'll do well, but Marsh is a on another level.

As mentioned, McCarthy needs work but so does Marsh. At the end of the day I've seen more that I like of McCarthy than Marsh so that is how I rate them. Granted, Marsh has x-factor but McCarthy also has a high ceiling.

What are the chances of the Suns getting Marsh with their second pick? I would love to see him line up alongside Dixon and Day up forward.

What are the chances of the Suns getting Marsh with their second pick? I would love to see him line up alongside Dixon and Day up forward.

I think there is a chance that Marsh will be available, but that chance is rather minute. I wouldn't really want to bank on having Marsh sliding but one of he and McCarthy (extremely talented) should be available at that pick. I'm sure that Theelite would be better in judging that as by the looks of it he watches more of the Western Australian lads than I do.

Doubt Marsh will be available, if he's there at freo's first pick we'd take him. Alot of our posters would be willing to take him anyware from 5 downwards through sheer X-factor but clubs might see it differnetly. McCarthy second best KPF in this draft so could fall anywhere, should be late 1st Rounder/Early 2nd Rounder but somee sides might be willing to reach big time in order to get a talented KPF on there list.

Where do you see Mitch harvey going?
Second round prospect. Harvey looks like a dangerous player and he will take a lot of time but I don't know if he has what it takes to make it at the higher level. I wasn't too thrilled about him at the Champs (did a lot of nice things, but not enough) but as we come closer to the draft his position will solidify a bit. I have him behind Marsh, Conlon, McCarthy, Hourigan and obviously Boyd as a key forward in terms of their impact at AFL level.

Rahul, who would you give up with pick 3 for Jonathon Paton? I reckon the Saint should have a go for him if the Giants look like getting Buddy or Boyd.

Apparently Paton was a Saints supporter,so he maybe pleased with the move.

Rahul, who would you give up with pick 3 for Jonathon Paton? I reckon the Saint should have a go for him if the Giants look like getting Buddy or Boyd.

Apparently Paton was a Saints supporter,so he maybe pleased with the move.
That will probably be Kelly or Scharenburg, possibly even Boyd. I would do the trade if it gets brought up but I doubt Patton will move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back