News Peter Jackson appointed CEO until end 2015 - extended to 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah. Brad's playing in the league I'm involved in and he hasn't set the world on fire.

tumblr_mgjirgkJMA1rxayxlo1_400.gif

Agreed. But it makes sense. Awarding us a priority pick is going to be a hard enough sell to the other clubs as it is. I can't imagine a stirring win against the emerging Bulldogs in the last round would help our chances.

I'd still take a win though.
would help sign roos

really dont think thats true, not after what we just went through
Priceline makes a whole lot of sense for my own reasons

would help sign roos

really dont think thats true, not after what we just went through
Priceline makes a whole lot of sense for my own reasons

I feel that Roos, if he does sign on, would have done so because the AFL have already flagged we are getting a priority pick, where that pick falls who knows, but I feel it's part of the package.

I feel that Roos, if he does sign on, would have done so because the AFL have already flagged we are getting a priority pick, where that pick falls who knows, but I feel it's part of the package.
strange that he would say yes over one pick, that doesnt make a lot of sense imo, could end up being a dud

-the following companies would become involved with the club next year and bring in potentially $2 million in sponsorship- Singapore, Range Rover (How appropriate!?) and Priceline.

Please happen.

Surely that was in jest "... But we wouldn't wanna get up today... Hehe hoho wink wink... You know!"

Surely... :(

Of course. Relax guys. There will be no dodgy moves or instructions to lose the game today. All he said was that the priority pick is but assured but that a good win today could throw a spanner in the works. That was his opinion. For what it's worth I don't agree with it. The boys will be win at all costs.

-Lastly, I found this disturbing. He told me a priority pick was all but assured, but that we wouldn't want to win today. That sounded kind of familiar. :(

I hope 'the employee' is wrong.

We risk finishing last if we don't put in a good performance today. Gold Coast are fading late in the season, would only take them to get a victory and us to go down by like 50 points to finish last.

I don't agree with the priority pick either. Clubs will be fuming if we get a priority pick and Paul Roos.

-the following companies would become involved with the club next year and bring in potentially $2 million in sponsorship- Singapore, Range Rover (How appropriate!?) and Priceline.
-Roos is all but signed having met with the leadership group.
-Walsh is on board.
-The club would be active in recruiting. He spruiked all the usual names. Although he did mention that we had had a chat to Scott Selwood, who is keen to come home.

When I read things like this and all the speculation around Roos it feels like a dream, or that someone's playing some kind of sick joke.

Things like this don't happen to the Melbourne Football Club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This comment concerns me. Sure, It'd be fine if her name was Peta, but Peter? You sure "she" was really a "She"? :p

I didn't ask her to spell it! My primary concern was actually my bloated and now squashed morning bladder. :D

I hope 'the employee' is wrong.

We risk finishing last if we don't put in a good performance today. Gold Coast are fading late in the season, would only take them to get a victory and us to go down by like 50 points to finish last.

I don't agree with the priority pick either. Clubs will be fuming if we get a priority pick and Paul Roos.

I see your point, but honestly? Screw them

We are more in need / deserving of a PP this year than any other team has been in the (short) history of PPs

Do you think Sydney were phased when clubs fumed over them winning the flag then signing Tippet to a mega deal?

Bet they couldn't care less......

I see your point, but honestly? Screw them

We are more in need / deserving of a PP this year than any other team has been in the (short) history of PPs

Agreed.

Yes it is our fault that we're in this mess. Yes our recruitment and development have been horrid. Yes our club is/was a shambles this year. Yes the management of our club off field has been awful. And we are paying for that right now.

If we don't receive a priority pick after the year(s) we've had, then the system needs to be removed completely.

The day he came on board I used the phrase 'the AFL are sending the Wolf' and boy did we have a mess to clean up.

This guy is the s**t.

Sharp, professional, knows his stuff and can get people on board to work together to fix a problem.

Peter Jackson aka 'the Wolf'.

I once woke up from a boozy night with a girl named Peter straddling me. Slightly hotter than the name suggests but not much.

I also really hope it was Peta.

Seeing as we're off track... chopped a girl called Kama on Father's Day. No child - :thumbsu: .

You lose, irony.

Seeing as we're off track... chopped a girl called Kama on Father's Day. No child - :thumbsu: .

You lose, irony.

The awesomeness of this post has hit me like nobody's business. But Earl Hickey is shocked and appalled :thumbsu::D

Been great for the club. Making us AFL standard again.

Screams integrity as a professional too. Not a Demons supporter but has bled for the club since he was signed, despite turmoil at his kin, Essendon. A statue of him at the MCG is in order ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back