Preview AFL 2nd Semi Final - Geelong v Port Adelaide, MCG, 7:50PM Friday 13 September

Predict the margin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is actually wrong with caddy? i have only seen something on here so not sure what his problem is.
i dont think they will drop loners though i agree he seems past it.
but i agree with pretty much all you have said.

Caddy was in a moonboot today apparently so with the 6 day break he will struggle.

Lonergan is more hope than anything, I don't think they will drop him but they should, he is in massive decline.

The Caddy injury might point to why he disappeared after 1/4 time.
I thought he battled really well in tight early in the game....
I also felt in the second half a few of our younger guys were really trying hard to break lines and attack through the flood, Motlop and Duncan in particular. Didn't always come off (or at times at all) but the effort and want to do it was there which is a real positive for the future.
A fully fit Hawkins, a fully fit Simpson and Menzel back, along with natural development of our young and talented kids and I'm pretty excited about next year.

I think some tough calls have to be made, on the senior guys too. Obviously Walker goes out straight away, really struggled and just had a terrible game. Lonergan unfortunately is a liability in our backline, struggles against the very good sides, particularly Fremantle, but still does a good job when we play the Hawks, so not finished for this year.

James Kelly is another worry for me, he lays a lot of tackles but that's about it, at his best, he wins the ball and gets us vital clearances, hasen't happened a lot of late. Travis Varcoe is another problem, do we give him another chance? was a very bad game from his yesterday, turned the ball over way to many times and gave away free-kicks.

I'd take out Varcoe, Blicavs, Lonergan, Walker, Caddy and Enright

And bring in T. Hunt, J. Hunt, West, GHS, Hawkins and Brown.

Hope you're ok mate, they can be nasty.

Back on the game, Caddy out is a blow as we are already struggling at the clearances, hyphen must come in.

Out: Enright (inj) Caddy (inj) Walker (very bad day) Lonergan (even worse day) Vardy/Blicavs (need an actual ruck)
In: Hawkins (I'd prefer Kersten but I think Hawk will come back), West, JHunt, THunt, Horlin Smith
Your on the same wave as I am PO, tho is that right about caddy (a defo out ?). I'm actually keen to keep hawk out, if he's not 100% he's no use trying to create a contest at 50 %, so kersten deserves his shot for the main game.
Depending on cads, I would still like GH-S in, tho at the expense of one of our older legs in "smithy"corey. I like the idea of bringing west in @ the expense of walks and leaving vardy soley as another lead up fwd. Does that make us more top heavy ? mayyyyybe but what are our other options. At the moment we have to select for now but wee will now have to manage our list if we are gonna have to do it the hard way to that final day in September. Yes one week at a time but also one eye for the immediate future.

Your on the same wave as I am PO, tho is that right about caddy (a defo out ?). I'm actually keen to keep hawk out, if he's not 100% he's no use trying to create a contest at 50 %, so kersten deserves his shot for the main game.
Depending on cads, I would still like GH-S in, tho at the expense of one of our older legs in "smithy"corey. I like the idea of bringing west in @ the expense of walks and leaving vardy soley as another lead up fwd. Does that make us more top heavy ? mayyyyybe but what are our other options. At the moment we have to select for now but wee will now have to manage our list if we are gonna have to do it the hard way to that final day in September. Yes one week at a time but also one eye for the immediate future.

I like Kersten but they won't debut him in a final.

If we go with no Hawkins again then maybe West with Vardy fwd.
Either way West needs to come in or Lobbe will slaughter us like last time.

If we are dropping anyone for GHS it should be Kelly, sure Corey is in his last year (his last game unless we win this) but he was very good yesterday whereas Kelly was poor.

What about Kelly as sub? It was suggested a few weeks ago but didn't eventuate - other than Caddy against the Eagles (match was over at half-time anyway), our best subs in terms of impact this year have been senior players. If we decide to go with Kelly as sub then allows us to bring in GHS to play 4qtrs without slowing down the midfield to much.

I don't like the idea of Murdoch as sub which has been suggested by a few people, I can't think of a match where he started as sub and had a positive impact after coming one - seems that with some young players that they are better being given 4qtrs to play rather than coming in with just 1 qtr where they over play things to try & impress as a means of keeping their spot.

Maybe I didn't see things right, but was Vardy getting treatment on his hip yesterday - not sure if he picked up a knock or was bumped, but I thought he went to bench at one stage looking in a bit of discomfort, so maybe aggravated the same problem he had against the Swans. If his hip isn't right, then surely it would be a case of West in to replace Vardy and go back to the ruck set-up we had at the start of the year with Blitz as #2.

I love what our older group have bought us, 3 flags n finals success. But it appears scotty's is like bomber in that he would rather those players deserve to go when they want too. And not make the hard choice himself, I believe chappy should get that 1 yr he want's and maybe kel n lonergan will look at retirement as will hunt, all will depend on how they regroup individually for the remaining final's series.

Our kid's are equal to that of port's kids and I don't know too much of the hawks kids, so I believe if we bring one to two in to the senior side along w one or two of the xperienced heads in the two's up into the one's I still think we are very much a big show next week n beyond. But I can see the mc being conservative, yeah ?

I love what our older group have bought us, 3 flags n finals success. But it appears scotty's is like bomber in that he would rather those players deserve to go when they want too. And not make the hard choice himself, I believe chappy should get that 1 yr he want's and maybe kel n lonergan will look at retirement as will hunt, all will depend on how they regroup individually for the remaining final's series.

Our kid's are equal to that of port's kids and I don't know too much of the hawks kids, so I believe if we bring one to two in to the senior side along w one or two of the xperienced heads in the two's up into the one's I still think we are very much a big show next week n beyond. But I can see the mc being conservative, yeah ?

Not really, he took Mooney and Milburn out and he took Jhunt out this year.
Not things I think Bomber would have done.

However we do already have a lot of youth in the side, so there will be changes this week with injury and the like, but I doubt they will go overboard with it.

Exactly PO (I would quote you but I'm not sure which of the 3 :p ).
You CAN have too much youth and we have sat on that fine line all year.
As far as managing the youth I reckon they have done it really well.
A few guys needed another season in the VFL and got it, some needed the taste of a handful of games and got it and others were ready to take the next step and took it.
You don't gift kids games unless you want to end up like Melbourne or Richmond...
If it came down to a kid who wasn't ready vs a senior player who is in form I know who I'd prefer they play.....
They of course weren't perfect but for the most part were very good.

I'm not saying a clean out this week, *which wont happen per saý but those kids that have played shone this yr n particularly the past 6-8 weeks. We'll need pace n cool heads to beat port and it won't be easy. Being in Adelaide, they will be up in about this week n Kenny will pay the utmost respect for his old club but will be very weary of the cats were stung yesterday, n will wanna come all guns blazing so it'll be hot early i'm tipping.

Out: Enright, Caddy, Walker, Varcoe
In: J.Hunt, Horlin-Smith, T.Hunt, Murdoch

Go small and run them off their feet.

I quite like those changes but I'd add the addition of West for Blicavs. We will get no further without someone who can at the very least contest in the ruck. That's assuming that Hawkins is still unfit to play of course.

I like Kersten but they won't debut him in a final.

If we go with no Hawkins again then maybe West with Vardy fwd.
Either way West needs to come in or Lobbe will slaughter us like last time.

If we are dropping anyone for GHS it should be Kelly, sure Corey is in his last year (his last game unless we win this) but he was very good yesterday whereas Kelly was poor.
are you kidding? There is no way they will bring in GHS. There is a pecking order of favoritism remember. Regardless of VFL form Taylor Hunt would come in (and constantly butcher the ball, no one will care), followed by Murdoch before GHS can even be considered. West is behind Vardy in the minds of the MC nothing can change their mind even performance. Kersten is an accurate kick, walker isn't and can't mark either. Doesn't matter he's more 'experienced' with a grand total of 10 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

are you kidding? There is no way they will bring in GHS. There is a pecking order of favoritism remember. Regardless of VFL form Taylor Hunt would come in (and constantly butcher the ball, no one will care), followed by Murdoch before GHS can even be considered. West is behind Vardy in the minds of the MC nothing can change their mind even performance. Kersten is an accurate kick, walker isn't and can't mark either. Doesn't matter he's more 'experienced' with a grand total of 10 games.
gives me the shits, GHS is a ball magnet/extractor and doesnt get a look in even though hes constantly in the best in the VFL. Not to mention we get goddamn slaughtered in center clearances most of the time.
also you may have forgot to mention that they would play that gimp Stringer before GHS too...

In: West, J Hunt, GHS
Out: Walker, Enright and Caddy

I don't think much of West but at least him in will allow Vardy to play forward. I don't want to see Walker again he is not up to standard. Kersten would have been better despite being shorter at least he is smart, can kick and catch a football. Others are just injury replacements. Varcoe deserves to be dropped and I wouldn't mind Thurlow in for him and sub but won't happen. We will instead get to witness another soft, pathetic, error riddled performance from Trav while others of value sit in the vest or in the stands.

Selwood and SJ need to pull their fingers out. Lazy, pathetic efforts from both yesterday. Kelly and Lonergan will also need to wind the clock back somehow if anything is to come of this year for us but it's looking beyond them. Taylor needs to STAY IN DEFENSE! Hopefully having someone in for Walker who can mark and kick (Vardy/Kersten) will allow H to stay where he belongs and we need him.

As well as Port played last night I am so rapt we now play them and not Pies. We can and will beat Port Power.

Ins: West, J Hunt, Hawkins
Out: Blicavs, Walker, Enright

gives me the shits, GHS is a ball magnet/extractor and doesnt get a look in even though hes constantly in the best in the VFL. Not to mention we get goddamn slaughtered in center clearances most of the time.
also you may have forgot to mention that they would play that gimp Stringer before GHS too...
Scott must hate GHS

As well as Port played last night I am so rapt we now play them and not Pies. We can and will beat Port Power.

Ins: West, J Hunt, Hawkins
Out: Blicavs, Walker, Enright

you might have to add Caddy out with his foot in a moon boot.

Port will win easily.

We have a poor coach who was exposed again. People who were at the game will know what I'm talking about.

Money for jam next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back